NAF Logo
leftstar May 27, 2024 - 08:59 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Orca Cola, proud sponsor of the NAF rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
misanthrope09
Post subject: Upgrading an Elf Catcher  PostPosted: May 28, 2006 - 07:32 PM

I coach a pro elf team in a new league we've started. I have coached pro elves a fair amount, but after today's game I rolled a MA or AV bump for one of my catchers and I find myself at a loss when deciding what to do with this. This is his second upgrade - his first upgrade was dodge.

One side of me thinks that an AV8 catcher would definitely be a good thing, as I have found that the pro elves do very well in a young league, but as the rest of the teams start getting more and more skills, AV7 catches up with them. In my other league, I have developed 2 catchers to be my all-purpose catchers with dodge, block, and leap. One of my other catchers got AG5, pass block, and dodge. The other has block, strip ball, and leap. I have found this particular development of my catchers to be advantageous, and the other players in my league often remark on what a pain my catchers are to deal with. Even so, AV7 means that they get knocked around a lot.

On the other hand, I'm considering giving this new catcher the movement bump, and then later giving him shadowing - making him a harasser of ball-carriers in the long term.

As it is now, our league has the following teams: Undead (also coached by me) Nurgle, Khemri, Dwarf, Human, Goblin, Chaos Dwarf, Lizardmen, Necro, a 2nd Pro Elf team, Wood Elves, Skaven, and Dark Elf. So my question is, how would you recommend developing this catcher?

A) MA9, Dodge, Shadowing
B) AV8, Dodge, and um... other stuff
C) Forgetting the stat bump completely and just taking a skill.

Input is appreciated!

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2006 - 08:25 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd probably take the Av. Expensive players with target written all over them... and MA8 is pretty quick already.

SuMOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 11:22 AM

WORMLEYSBURG, PA
I agree with Doubleskulls.

In my past, I played Amazons like 3-4 leagues in a row , (I make a themed team and I stay with it too long.) No matter what skills they earned, their AV7 was their demise.

Take the AV +1.

misanthrope09
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 11:54 AM

Done. Thanks for the input, guys.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic