NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 01:06 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
A knee in the groin is worth two in the face. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:23 PM

That would be extremely disgusting on the roster. The CD's are barely balanced now by the soft underbelly of 7 armor hobgoblins. Giving them 9 armor, 4 strength frenziers at 80 K a pop would be very wrong. Unless you take away their Bull Centaurs and make these guys alternates. I could see this as an alternate roster.

-Oscar Wilde

Reply with quote Back to top
ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:33 PM

United States of America

How bout this then:

0-2 Madmen 3, 3, 2, 8 Frenzy, Thick Skull.......STR, PHY.....90K

Or this:

0-2 Madmen 3, 4, 2, 8 Frenzy, Thick Skull, Wild Animal.......STR, PHY.....100K

I have yet to see a Wild Animal that is not a Big Guy.....would be interesting indeed Smile

Check out my teams here, courtesy of: FUMBBL.com

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 07:13 AM

Melifaxis wrote:
      Aristodeimos wrote:
Squiggoth - The Bull Centaurs are the "blessed" royal guard and shock troops of the Chaos Dwarves. Their god is Hashut...a demonic bull god. Hashut has mutated the chaos dwarf body to more resemble his own.

I like both the old and new CD models. In fact, I usually mix them. I would be an advocate for allowing CDs to use physical mutations, but our league has found the team to be powerful enough already.

~Aristodeimos

I agree. Physical mutations would be cool, and the chaos magic is there, but they are already a pretty well balanced team.

Perhaps less CD's (0-4?) and add a new type of CD (0-2?) that has physical instead of general skills?

Thanks for the info, but as I am one of those very rare people on this planet who actually own a copy of the 5th edition Chaos Dwarf Army Book (yeah, I really like them!) I already knew that info about Bull Centaurs Wink

That is also the reason why I shouldn't allow Chaos Dwarves to get phusical mutations (other than Fangs of Very Short Legs perhaps) as the idea of mutating Dawi Zharr has been dropped when they stopped being just tiny Chaos Warriors with beards and turned into Babylonian Bad Guys. That is because Dwarfs are resitant to magic a.k.a. mutations Smile
(I should be a scholar on this matter!!! Razz)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 08:11 AM

Netherlands
      Apedog wrote:
(Tenderiser, can't remember the other one).

whirlwind

GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 08:19 AM

Netherlands
[quote="Squiggoth"]
Thanks for the info, but as I am one of those very rare people on this planet who actually own a copy of the 5th edition Chaos Dwarf Army Book (yeah, I really like them!) I already knew that info about Bull Centaurs Wink[quote="Squiggoth"]

I have it to. Redfang to (or was it sarcasm Wink )

[quote="Squiggoth"]That is also the reason why I shouldn't allow Chaos Dwarves to get phusical mutations (other than Fangs of Very Short Legs perhaps) as the idea of mutating Dawi Zharr has been dropped when they stopped being just tiny Chaos Warriors with beards and turned into Babylonian Bad Guys. That is because Dwarfs are resitant to magic a.k.a. mutations Smile
(I should be a scholar on this matter!!! Razz[quote="Squiggoth"]

There are not totally oblivious to mutation (bull centaurs, lammasu, sorcerors!), but it is a very slow proces. notice: the tusks. I would like to see physical abilities on chaos dwarfs, but also limited to a few mutations and one per chaos dwarf

CervidalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 08:55 AM

Someone on here mentioned a new CD WHFB book coming out.

Where did you hear this? Anything I have heard about the army for the last year and a half concludes that the army is the designers' least favorite and will be unlikely to see another update ever again.

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 02:05 AM

There will be a new Army Book and it's called Engineers of Chaos Smile
Problem is, it's not really high on the Important Armies To Make list at GW HQ so don't hold your breath... Sad

Quote:
Grotemuis: There are not totally oblivious to mutation (bull centaurs, lammasu, sorcerors!), but it is a very slow proces. notice: the tusks. I would like to see physical abilities on chaos dwarfs, but also limited to a few mutations and one per chaos dwarf

Yeah, that's why I mentioned fangs, but Lammasu and Bull Centaurs are created over the course of ages and not just in one BB season (thank Hashut for that!). Bionic upgrades like a Mechanical Big Hand and Bionic Very Long Legs on the other hand seem only logical with Chaos Dwarfs (I'm gonna do the same with my Klan Skryre Skaven Team) 'cause if you look at things like Astragoth and the Death Rockets it seems they're quite advanced at the subject of technology...
There might be something to say for mutations after all Rolling Eyes

Martijn

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 02:24 AM

Netherlands
You can picture the players getting more used to using their acquired mutations to more effect! Or filing down their tusks to razor sharp fangs!

They have mutations (introduced in the race over centuries of slow changes) only they must learn how to use them on the field. Here's where the physical skills come in!

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 03:38 AM

Very Long Legs keeps haunting my mind Wink

No, I'd go for the Bionikz (same rules and effects as mutations only mechanical and without the options for tentacles)

GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 09:22 AM

Netherlands
galak has some rules for bioniks which he is going to publish in the bb mag. Just look on www.blood-bowl.net

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2003 - 02:30 AM

Can you give a more precise link? All I can find is player profiles with bionic eyes and stuff like that, not the rules :blush:

GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2003 - 05:35 AM

Netherlands
http://www.blood-bowl.net/bodyshop.html

here you are

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2003 - 06:26 AM

Thanks!

Somehow I get this mental image of Astragoth without his hammers... That would be 100,000 gp Rolling Eyes
Leapin' Chaos Dwarfs Razz

GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2003 - 07:42 AM

Netherlands
me first! but it's probably to easy for you to convert

ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2003 - 09:26 AM

United States of America

Squiggoth wrote:
same rules and effects as mutations only mechanical and without the options for tentacles

Why not tentacles? you could fire off a wire and grappling hook and wrap up your opponent.

Check out my teams here, courtesy of: FUMBBL.com

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic