NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 02:50 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Miss Next Game. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArachnoBloodOffline
Post subject: What is the big deal with Rat Ogres?  PostPosted: Mar 29, 2003 - 05:28 PM

So I have a rat Ogre on my skaven team. I have played 3 games with him so far, and nothing bad has happened with him. So why the big hatred for the Rat ogre??

Do my opponents not know how to exploit him? Twisted Evil

Reply with quote Back to top
LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2003 - 06:01 PM

Rat Ogre are very powerfull imho

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2003 - 08:30 PM

Canada
Once you get Block, RO are the best BG.

AG 3... Can help you in desperate situations !

Fred

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2003 - 10:14 PM

Quote:

Do my opponents not know how to exploit him?

ArachnoBlood: It's quite possible. The best way to exploit a RO is to tempt him forward and put another big guy on him. He's got to make a one die block that has either a 1:6 of turning over, or a 2:6 if he doesn't have block. Good coaches will make sure they have a player behind their big guy to ensure that it's two die their choice after the frenzy pushback. I think that Wild Animal is the most limiting of all the negatraits.

-Oscar Wilde

ArachnoBloodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2003 - 10:26 PM

Ahhh... Putting a big guy on the RO is a good strategy. I had a situation when a coach put 5 guys on the RO and then, when the RO made a block, they all assisted the player. Needless to say, RO went down and my turn was over. Evil or Very Mad I was worried that it would be a lonnng game at that point, but the other player never replayed that strategy. I was lucky. Twisted Evil

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2003 - 10:34 PM

Apparently so... but while your league works out ways to deal with your rampaging beast, you can get him block and pro so that you can manage him somewhat better once they do.

Getting a teammate Leader would also help, since the Rat Ogre can use the help. Wink

EDIT: WA's really show their weakness when faced with superior strength. If your league allows Star Players to be freebooted, expect to see one of the 6 strength players in the playoffs. When a ST 6 player is on the pitch, it's generally better to leave the WA off.

-Oscar Wilde

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 30, 2003 - 06:55 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

skummy wrote:
When a ST 6 player is on the pitch, it's generally better to leave the WA off.

Thrud like Rat Ogre .... tastes like Chicken ... Laughing

Galak

Ratin_MutantsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 30, 2003 - 11:15 PM

Well my experience is that the Rat Ogre is most dangerous while playing against elves, the elves can blitz one of the players that is supposed to protect the RO, and then lend assists to the coming Block.

I do not like the WA traits, let make that clear from the start..why?

Because you HAVE to go first... it is so much against the game logic, that haveing your RO way back on the pitch, and a rat able to score the next turn, your opponent has a good chance to get a turnover because he runes down to the RO.

If I had my way, the WA would become a 1-3 roll at the start on the turn, and the WA has to go first, 4-6. His a little calm, and can move whenever you want.

Last game I played, was against a Undead team, and while blocking Ghouls that does not have block, my RO has still not block (snif), he went down 6 times in the match, all of them where 2 dice blocks....somehow, by brilliant tactic, and by poor play of my opponent I managed to win 2-1 and survive with 3-3 in cas. Inflicting and getting one Nig.

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2003 - 12:07 PM

Canada
The WA is totally insane and suffering from megalomania at the same time ! He doesn't wish any assistance and wishes to go first all the time! He doesn't feel he belongs to the same group as the rest of the players on the field, so he do as he wishes, hence the "must play first" to represent that state of mind. I have a Mino myself, he before he got Block, he was a pain in the a$$. Now, he's feared, especially since he's closing on 16 SPP's and Pro (or Razor Sharp Claws on a double !!).

Fred

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2003 - 02:50 PM

United States of America
      Concordia wrote:
The WA is totally insane and suffering from megalomania at the same time ! He doesn't wish any assistance and wishes to go first all the time! He doesn't feel he belongs to the same group as the rest of the players on the field, so he do as he wishes, hence the "must play first" to represent that state of mind. I have a Mino myself, he before he got Block, he was a pain in the a$$. Now, he's feared, especially since he's closing on 16 SPP's and Pro (or Razor Sharp Claws on a double !!).

Fred

How ironic that my minotaur is in the exact same situation. But isn't Piling on tempting you? Twisted Evil

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Ratin_MutantsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2003 - 09:43 AM

The funny part with my Ro is that his first skill was MA (CRAP) and his 2nd skill was AG (YES!) However due to the BONEHEAD of my fellow players, I was not allowed to get another skill instead of AG... However He has enough SPP to get Block, in the nex match.. FINALLY!

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2003 - 11:04 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
You know you can take normal skills for any roll under LRB 2.0. It was one of the changes.

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2003 - 01:39 PM

Canada
[quote="Melifaxis]
How ironic that my minotaur is in the exact same situation. But isn't Piling on tempting you? Twisted Evil[/quote]

Yes it is. It depends if one of my other players roll a double to get leader prior to my Mino rolling his next skill. Could you imagine Piling On and RSC ?!?! Killing machine pops to mind ! Twisted Evil

Fred

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2003 - 03:20 PM

United States of America
I kept trying to hand the ball off to my mino for a TD last game, but kept dropping it (opponent only had a few guys left so I was pretty much guaranteed to score). Luckily it bounced to one of my CD's who managed to pick it up and score the next turn. Then the same thing happened again! At least my new CD has guard now.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2003 - 01:37 AM

Hehehe - I like rat-ogres. They're always dead before turn 4, leaving my opponents with a VERY weak front line (all hail Goblin hit squads and Skaven coaches who insist on using Rat Ogres in one-off games!)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic