NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 06:44 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Off for a bite. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coachblacknifeOffline
Post subject: Re: What is the big deal with Rat Ogres?  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 03:25 AM

ArachnoBlood wrote:
So I have a rat Ogre on my skaven team. I have played 3 games with him so far, and nothing bad has happened with him. So why the big hatred for the Rat ogre??

Do my opponents not know how to exploit him? Twisted Evil

How to toy with the Skaven... send in enough players to get a one die block (better of course is 2-dice, you choose). End your turn, then watch your opponent sweat. "Both Down you say? Don't mind if I do. My turn again already?" and if that didn't work, follow it with "Ahh a pushback, well looks like you have to Block *again* and..." >grin<

Basically the Skaven have to make sure their opponents don't get a chance to do this as losing your whole turn, well, blows. Their opponent should try their damndest to pull it off! I tend to use my WA only when receiving. Leave the sucker in the back field and scare the bejesus out of my opponent's catchers. On offence he sits in the Reserves box and I can get on with planning the TD.

Reply with quote Back to top
jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 08:13 AM

kjonesin wrote:
      jmccubbin wrote:
My first roll for my RO was 6,6. Box cars. I took Razor Sharp Fangs. Boy did that make a huge difference. Talk about fear, people run from him. He averages 4 casuties a game.

you didn't take strength? *cries*

I added my rat Ogre after my Stormvermin had guard. I did not notice the need for Strength. Now that I started a new league, I see the definate need for strength. RO plays saftey until I get guard on my stormvermin.

mroswickOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 17, 2003 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, one of the Skaven players in our league doesn't really turn him loose until he's developed a Stormvermin "bodyguard" with Guard.

He knows how to hide him pretty well and protect him from harm, and still pick up the Cas by the truckload.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2003 - 03:07 PM

I don't know. I've found that Gus (my rat ogre) is perhaps my most important player on the team, if not because he's a HUGE distraction to coaches in my league. If the other player doesn't have a big guy, he has to devote quite a few members of his team to make wild animal a nasty situation for me; I generally place him far away from my main strategy. With block, I generally have decent chances to survive the wild animal, and then have a clear path to the endzone since all of his guys are playing with my WA.

Of course, it helps that my Rat Ogre got a +STR on his 2nd roll, too...

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2003 - 06:23 PM

Undisclosed
      Squiggoth wrote:
      Nobby wrote:
Why the big hatred for Rat Ogres? I'll tell ya why mate :/
I run a skaven team with 2 ROs. 1 of those rat ogres has played 11 games for a total of ONLY 2 Friggin casualties (and 1 MVP - so he has block). My second RO has played a meagre 4 games for a grand total of ZERO casualties. So why the hatred? the f'in bastards can't hurt $h1t!!!

I'm probably thinking very dumb, but how can you have two Rat Ogres in your team? Confused

I can only think he's using the Clan Moulder roster in a skaven league, cause that's what I'm doing, and between them they've casued 0 cas Rolling Eyes

I find the easiest way to distract I RO is to place a huge lump of chedder in front of them Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Fozzybear76Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 - 01:30 PM

mroswick wrote:
Yeah, one of the Skaven players in our league doesn't really turn him loose until he's developed a Stormvermin "bodyguard" with Guard.

He knows how to hide him pretty well and protect him from harm, and still pick up the Cas by the truckload.

What is the purpose of the Stormvermin with Guard as per the LRB, Wild Animals do not receive assists when throwing block? I prefer to use my Stormvermin with Guard as tight ends to help open a hole for the Gutter Runners.

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 - 01:32 PM

I guess that the guard makes it harder for other big guys to hit the RO, and keeps the opposition from getting assists on the RO.

-Oscar Wilde

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic