NAF Logo
leftstar May 04, 2024 - 07:58 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blitzer pigs are overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2006 - 05:05 PM

Excellent tournament guys. Just wanted to thank you again for putting it on if NAF will let me post again. Smile

-Oscar Wilde

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2006 - 07:16 PM

Undisclosed
Guys...awesome tourney...it was a total blast! (Even with the pounding that I received at the hands of Skummy's Bashy Undead. Smile )

I can't wait until next year...maybe I'll get my name on the "Tommy Gun" next time.

-RobO

JKarr...thanks for helping me focus on the positive...it was hard to do after 5 Casualties and 11 KOs. Smile

::shaking my fist at Skummy::
Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2006 - 07:46 PM

Thanks to all who made it to the first annual Mafia Massacre!

It was a great weekend of BloodBowl and comraderie.

Skummy s Grave Robbers was able to overcome a 2nd round dwarf beatdown to defeat RobO on the first table in the final round.

Tourney Runner Up was Ken (gken1) with his Desert Kings.

Best painted went to Jamie s (forcecommander) lizards, The Mighty Sleestak.

Most TDs was nabbed by Bryan (Xtreme) and his Ladies Lovin Wood by scoring an asounding 7 TDs on Sunday.

Most Brutal went to Ken s Desert Kings (no surprise there).

Best Sportsman went to Jamie (forcecommander) in a very hotly contested vote.

Best NAF rookie went to Brandon McCade (nickname TBD) and thanks go to Xtreme for taking several NAF signups.

Most Improved went to Kent (Zinak) who moved up six rankes from Sat to Sun.

Wooden Spoon went to Biff s Dirty Rags (nickname TBD).

Skummy finished out his Do-No-Wrong Sunday by winning Triple Skulls.

Complete results are on the web page:
http://www.bampf.com/mafiamassacre/

Thanks again to all who made the trip. Everyone seemed to have a good time. See you all next year I hope!!

Rune_MasterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 - 08:20 AM

Plasma Cannons Tourny Recap -

Game 1 vs. Skummy's Undead (2-1 loss)
- like Rob, I'm shaking an angry fist at Skummy's armour rolling too (2 players on pitch at end of 1st half!)! Still, it took an interception followed by same player making at least one dodge and 4 GFI's over last two turns to get the winning TD on turn 8. With all the KO's he gave me, I still think a good showing.

Game 2 vs. Xtreme's Woodies (2-2 tie)
- lots of failures for both of us. I actually got the CAS's in this one, but his speed with the reduced players on pitch kept it even.

Game 3 vs. ForceCommander's Lizzies (2-1 loss)
- both us us were shaking our heads at how bad the dice turned on me. Not to mention the two skinks that dodged, then 2x GFI'd to throw a 2 dice down double POW on my vamp 3 squares from the end zone. Ack!

Game 4 vs. Roy's Skaven (3-0 loss)
- all I can say is losing players against a speed team like that, NOT a good combination. Yuk!

Game 5 vs. Biff's Khemri (2-0)
- tough game, lots of bodies on the turf, but AG4 made the difference.

Final tally:
1W
1T
3L

2 of the losses were one dice roll away from being wins or ties for the Cannons. Got to give props where they are due though. Skummy and FC managed to snatch iminent victories away and keep for themselves. Evil or Very Mad Way to stay with it guys! All in all, keeping the games close with a chance to win at the end(for the most part Rolling Eyes ; stupid rats!) has given me confidence with this team. Getting Pro on all the Vamps is very key for this team, much more than block for a first skill. At least in LRB5, IMHO. This team will see tourny action again.

Got to give a loud shout-out to my traveling companions from Philly....Jay and "not-so silent" Rob. It was nearly an all Philly final. Great showing you two!

And so, great tourney Mongo and Jkarr, looked like everyone had lots of fun. Only thing better would have been if O'Reilley's had actually had the sandwich Mongo was touting all day! And even though the occasional profanity flew out, I really did enjoy playing against each of my opponents. Wink (even the one's that beat me!) Looking forward to next year!

"Ho! stand to your flagons steady!
'Tis all we have left to prize.
A drink to the dead already,--
Hurrah for the next that dies."
- ancient Dwarf toast

Last edited by Rune_Master on Sep 18, 2006 - 02:10 PM; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Rune_MasterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 - 08:25 AM

Oh, another thing...

For anyone planning to travel to the 'Burg for a tourny, apparently, the happenin' place to be on Sunday morning is Petsmart! Had to fight through that crowd to get in!

"Ho! stand to your flagons steady!
'Tis all we have left to prize.
A drink to the dead already,--
Hurrah for the next that dies."
- ancient Dwarf toast

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 - 09:07 AM

United States of America
Sad

So pissed I missed it.

Glad it went so well! Next year...

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 - 12:11 PM

Damnable O Reileys was the low point of the tourney. THE SANDWICH was unavailable and service was bad (and the alcohol expensive)... when we found out the sandwich was unavailable we should have relocated...

live and learn.

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 - 12:22 PM

Pictures are up from the weekend--

http://www.bampf.com/mafiamassacre/pics

Seems my flash was working only intermittently so several are very dark. Sorry about that.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 - 01:56 PM

United States of America
Thanks for hosting a great tourney guys. The Desert Kings came out of retirement to play LRB 5.0

My first game was against Sum and only my 7 cas allowed me to win 2-1 vs his santa's helpers.

2nd Game I drew John and his communist elves. We beat him down to win 1-0 and draw 5 cas. Well fought game until the numbers took him out.

3rd Game was against Rory's dwarves. The dwarven blood left on the pitch was truly brutal. 6 dwarves lying in the injury box left Rory with no recourse but to yield to the might of the khemri 1-0.

4th game against Rob O. started off great with a 1-0 lead, but in the 2nd half we fell apart.....Literally! we fail a gfi with a RR to steal the ball which leads to ghouls passing for a quick TD. after 2 self inflicted cas on my blitz-ra and mummy, we fail a foul on the last opposing mummy who knocks down the ball carrier. A ghoul then jumps into a few TZ's to grab the ball and run away for the winning TD. The khemri machine was stopped cold. 1-2, 4-4 cas.

Last game was against the 2nd Communist team of Brandon and his Dwarves. We fail a gfi in the first half to score but the mummy machine is able to get the ball back in the 2nd half to run in on turn 8 for a 1-0 win with only 1 dead trollslayer inflicted

Nice tourney!! Hope I can return in the future.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 - 09:43 PM

Undisclosed
      Rune_Master wrote:

Got to give a loud shout-out to my traveling companions from Philly....Jay and "not-so silent" Rob. It was nearly an all Philly final. Great showing you two!

Thanks Joe...I never made that connection...but I have to admit it's pretty funny. Smile

-Rob

P.S. Skummy/Jay you can correct me on this if I am wrong...but wasn't it a Failed GFI roll that prevented it from being an All-Philly Final?

Joe...what do you think the word count would have been in the car if THAT had been allowed to happen?

NAF Member #5236
---

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2006 - 05:34 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Thanks for running the tourney guys, I had a great time. Smile
I'm PMing the new members through now so you should have those soon.

jkarrOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2006 - 08:03 AM

Lancaster, PA
Thanks for making the trip Xtreme. Hope to see you in Chicago and of course Zlurpee Bowl III.

Nerd's Arts and Craft Forum!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
SuMOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2006 - 09:50 AM

WORMLEYSBURG, PA
Saturday, Day1
The Ho Ho Hoes High Elfs vs:

Desert Kings / Khermi / gken1 - 2-1
Loss
The Hoes scored early in the game and then it went South.
Ouch!! This game hurt... 7 Cas, and 2 of them were deaths.
The Tournie wasn't tracking deaths, but Ken still rolled them.

Bathu s Bullies / Dark Elfs / Zinak - 2-2
Tie
Elf on Elf action crazy dodging!! I always like playing Zinak, I laff most of the games with Zinak, joke after joke after joke.
I had the game in the bag, till my Dice Curse rear up it's ugly face again...

Last play of the game to seal Zinak's fate.
Simple by the book play.
Karoline Kringle the Hoes' Veteran Thrower, Krissy Kringle Catcher MV8 and Kandy Kringle Catcher MV8.
Dodge 2+, move 5 throw a 2+ pass, catch on a 2+, move 8, hand off catch on a 2+ TOUCH DOWN!!!
On the 1st dodge, a STINKING ONE!! No rerolls!!!

Dirty Rags / Khermi / biff - 3-0
Win
Newer coach in our League, quiet kind of guy.
His dice rolls did him and and my dice were being kind to me, most of the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, Day2
The Ho Ho Hoes vs:

The Peoples Blood Bowl Team / Dwarfs / Comrade Hondo 2-0
Loss
Ouch on this one also...
Received 5 Cas in this one.
Hondo was a fun game, but taking a pounding by Dwarf Teams was a thing a lot of the Coaches had to endure.
My Dice Curse was in Full Bloom this game, Hondo was shocked to see the piles upon piles of 1s and double 1s I rolled in this game.

The Peoples Team / High Elfs / Bastius - 4-3
Loss
Bastius plays a style, that most of his plays needed a dice roll of 6 to pull plays out of his butt.
Luckiest player I seen in the Tournie and in most games.

The following happened 3 times
He sent a player or 2 down field, then would cage the ball behind the LoS.
I would blast a hole in the front line. Tear a hole in the cage and surround it, put a multiple TZs on his thrower.
His turn he would throw the ball 1st, (Scratching head), needing a 5-6 and the Lucky bugger would get it.
- One of them I had a catcher almost intercept the ball, I rolled 2 Dice needing a 5 or a 6. I rolled a 5 and a 6. (2 Dice cuz of the Reroll catch Skill) The High Elfs new Thrower has Safe throw, and he denied the interception, again a LUCKY BUGGER!!!

I hope he plays this way in a League match, his luck can't hold out that long... Heheheheheeee...

Oh yeah... He received 2 blitzes against me, 1st he had the ball in his hands and I got it back. 2nd one he got the ball and scored on me.

Overall, I had a great time. Wish we could hold more BB Tournies in Harrisburg.

(P.S. on a side note...
I have access to a free hall 'uge kitchen area, to cut down on some of the cost, remember that!)

Last edited by SuM on Sep 20, 2006 - 08:00 AM; edited 1 time in total

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2006 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
P.S. Skummy/Jay you can correct me on this if I am wrong...but wasn't it a Failed GFI roll that prevented it from being an All-Philly Final?

Joe...what do you think the word count would have been in the car if THAT had been allowed to happen?

The game turned on casualties in the 2nd half. The Orcs were reduced to a desperation play with a one die goblin blitz and then a 5+ pass play to the open Blitzer. Amazingly, this did work, but the blitzer tripped on his final GFI, and then the Undead started the long coast-to-coast reverse. The most shocking thing about the 2nd half was that the Undead didn't have to use a single reroll.

-Oscar Wilde

LycosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2006 - 03:48 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
      bampf wrote:
Pictures are up from the weekend--

http://www.bampf.com/mafiamassacre/pics

Seems my flash was working only intermittently so several are very dark. Sorry about that.

Good to see photo's. Any chance of names of who is who on say Pics 2,3,11,12?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic