NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 01:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dwarf Cheerleaders, why bother? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What rules do you use?
Fumble on a 1!
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
LRB rulez!
80%
 80%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 76

slupOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2004 - 11:45 AM
Big Mek

Undisclosed
      Zombie wrote:
Well, show me an instance where a professional quarterback ever fumbled a long throw with no pressure whatsoever and i'll be impressed. If this happens more than once every million throws, i'd be surprised. Fumbling with pressure, now that's common.

is the post i answered.
Nothing about a non-quarterback in this.
      Zombie wrote:
Then we're back to my argument that non-quarterbacks should only fumble at a 1 in the same circumstance.

You certainly maid it clear that this is your oppinion, but it wasn't your argument.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2004 - 12:15 PM

It was one of my arguments. There's more than one here.

Do you watch Canadian football? In that, passes are much more common than in American football, due mostly to the 3 downs instead of 4 but because of other rule differences as well. Rushing yards are usually only 10-30% of a team's offensive yards in this game. So we get to see lots of passing attempts, and even a few by non-quarterbacks (about once a game on average). I've rarely, if ever, seen anyone, quarterback or not, fumble a ball as he was throwing it when the ball was not wet and no pressure was applied to him.

slupOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2004 - 12:44 PM
Big Mek

Undisclosed
      Zombie wrote:
Do you watch Canadian football?

I am sorry to say no.
Most TV-networks over here does not know if there exist other kinds of sport than soccer.
And the few NLF games that made it here were transmitted live meaning from 10 pm sunday to 1 am monday (Superbowl from midnight to 4 am monday).
My opinion is that passing game should belong to those teams which can field a thrower, not those with a lucky AG5 player, hence the difference in fumbling rates.
On the other hand if you got AG5 you know for sure that your pass never will be inaccurate.
You either fumble the ball or make the pass which gives you way more ball control than a normal thrower.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
BenArdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2004 - 01:59 PM

Zombie wrote:
Maybe we should add in our house rules that under "pouring rain", there's a -1 to fumbles. Other than that, i really can't think of another situation where you're likely to fumble without an opponent near you. But if you could name more, i'd like to hear them.

How about putting your foot into a divot on the uneven turf? most bloodbowl stadia aren't going to be in the best possible repair and the pitches would be of a similar state, and such an incident would lead to more fumbles as you would have your concentration distracted. Or the fact that the ball may vary in shape from the perfect egg-shaped ball used in real football.

Zombie wrote:
I've been known to surrender when presented with an irrefutable argument!

I won't pretend that my arguement is irrefutable, it is merely my own opinion.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic