NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 04:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Spike Magazine Approved! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Comrade HondoOffline
Post subject: The Bar Brawl (Tourney)- Wilkes-Barre, PA-Jan 13-14  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 08:22 AM

Prepare yourselves for what might well be the most exciting Blood Bowl tourney to be held on the weekend of Jan 13th!!!!

**EDIT-We are now NAF approved!!**

The North End Blood Bowl league will be hosting this tourney at a no longer operational bar in Wilkes-Barre, PA--only a short drive from scenic Scranton PA and the Nanticoke tire fire!

Our website is up and is taking applications:

http://clannuclear.com/blog/index.php

A full copy of the rules, agenda and location information can be viewed there.

This will be an LRB 5.0 Tourney

We are waiting on NAF approval.

A Pro-Painted team will be part of the prizes--with a second pro-painted team to be offered once we get 16 sign ups.

Tourney cost: 30$---price includes lunch for both days,a custom beer mug as a participation gift, and liquid refreshments to be consumed during the tourney. Of course beer will be included-this is a bar brawl afterall. Underagers are welcome but will not be allowed to imbibe alcohol-I will be checking IDs.

Highlights of the ruleset:

TV 100
Inducements may be purchased save Cards and Star Players
Kick-off table: Blitz, Perfect Defense, GtR toned down
3 normal skills selected before Game 1
1 stack/double/10 (AV+ or MA+) skill for non Big Guy at end of day 1

No Championship game
No OT
All Casualties suffered (blocking, fouling, failed actions, crowd) count toward beat-down bonus and tie breaks.

Here are some pics of the teams up as prizes:

Halfling Team

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=halflingteam1kh5.jpg

Amazon Team

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amazonteam2hi0.jpg

Any questions/concerns please email me at nonrefundband@yahoo.com

**A special thank you to Jeremy(bampf) and the rest of the guys at The Adventurer's Guild for helping me get the ball rolling on this with great advice and The Mafia Massacre rule set which I blatantly ripped off!!**

-Brandon McCabe
a.k.a. Comrade Hondo

Last edited by Comrade Hondo on Oct 23, 2006 - 08:32 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
zbyshkoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 05:50 PM

dorset

"a no longer operational bar in Wilkes-Barre"?

interesting! i grew up in W-B and there's more operational bars than i can count on my abacus.

my team is not made of GW figure - Shadowforge Nuns, actually - is that acceptable? i field them as a Human team.

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 - 07:20 AM

Undisclosed

Heheh I hope Hondo does not get mad that I answer this... HELL YES you can use the Nuns...

Heh Hondo is it kewl if zbyshko fields the nuns :>

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Comrade HondoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 - 07:56 AM

zbyshko,

Sure the nuns are ok!--It might give me flashbacks to my Catholic school upbringing*shivers* but they work for me. The bar is Bobby's Place in Norht End wilkes-Barre--across the street from the Slovak Club if that helps. The place is no longer functioning as a bar but most of the "bar stuff" is still there and makes a great location for get togethers.

Zinak!!!---How dare you!!!! I am the MASTER of all things Nun related and for you to speak on my behalf for such matters hurts my soul!! hehe--I guess I'm gonna have to go have a good cry now or something:)

-Brandon McCabe
a.k.a. Comrade Hondo

jaylazerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 - 10:04 AM

Hey Guys,

I am most likely going to make this tournament. Should be tons of fun.

I had a few questions though.

Is there anyway we could start earlier on Sunday? Your schedule says 11 AM to 7 PM. It would be nice to get home as early as possible. Some of the coaches in my league have kids and the like.

Comrade HondoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 - 01:24 PM

Howdy,

I don't see a problem with starting a bit earlier--perhaps around 10am. I just mentioned until 7pm to be safe--it shouldn't run that late plus from what I've seen the time alotted for lunch never gets fully used up. I also threw in much more time for awards/closing. A liberal estimate of getting done if we start at 10am would be 4:30-5:00(probably sooner depending on the speed of the games). I think 10 would be reasonable-just in case we have people driving both days-want to give them time to get here:)

Let me know if this works for you-then I'll make the needed adjustments. The tourney is still a ways off and a time change for Sun wouldn't hurt anyone.

Brandon McCabe
a.k.a Comrade Hondo

jaylazerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2006 - 06:27 AM

10 to 5 would be just fine for me.

I'm not one of the guys that has kids but that should be enough time to get them home before the kids go to bed.

I've got at least one of other guy coming with me, probably two.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2006 - 10:28 AM

United States of America
      jaylazer wrote:

I'm not one of the guys that has kids but that should be enough time to get them home before the kids go to bed.

the Champ has spoken!

wish I could make it but I'll probably be underwater.....

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2006 - 02:44 PM

Expect a nice size contigent from the Harrisburg Mafia. I d assume at least 3-4 and maybe as many as 6-10.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2006 - 06:03 AM

Undisclosed
      gken1 wrote:
      jaylazer wrote:

the Champ has spoken!

wish I could make it but I'll probably be underwater.....

Funny, but that just sounded like

"Blub Blub Blub"...either you're underwater already, or you fear The Champ. Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2006 - 06:04 AM

Undisclosed
      bampf wrote:
...as many as 6-10.

SuM...this means you pal!
DITTO for SteelThunder!

NAF Member #5236
---

zbyshkoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2006 - 12:20 AM

dorset

how many folks from Wilkes-Barre are expected? never even knew there was other BB players besides the few in our leagues. how long have you all been doing this? admittedly it's my fault for dropping out of the gaming scene the last few years.

i may have to do a little schedule juggling - damn! going to miss a double-time sunday at work! when did monetary greed exceed my gaming greed? is this the sign i'm aging poorly?

Comrade HondoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2006 - 03:05 PM

Well so far I have 6 signed on. I'm going to advertise up in Scranton at The Unknown(if they'll let me) for some fresh blood-and might even host a few training/warm up sessions.

We aren't part of any official gaming "scene" per se-we're just a group of friends who get together for some Blood Bowl once in a while(we had a league maybe a year ago). I dragged them all into the game and "forced" them to buy their teams:) Actually part of my reasoning for hosting this is to try and get new players in the area interested/network with existing players to try and get a league going with a good amount of players. If you still have contact with a few friends in NEPA who still play try to get them to come out--and afterwards if yer up for it we might get something going league wise.

With a little effort we might get something good Blood Bowl wise up and running in our section of the state. Harrisburg already has their crew-I would like to build something that emulates that nest of Blood Bowl fanatacism.

-A quick question- Does anyone know how I would go about getting this post stickied? It would be nice to get it on top for word spreading purposes.

Comrade HondoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2006 - 03:07 PM

bampf wrote:
Expect a nice size contigent from the Harrisburg Mafia. I d assume at least 3-4 and maybe as many as 6-10.

I hope to see as many of you as possible!!! Just shoot me an email when ya'll are ready to sign on. The beer will flow like wine!-whatever that means.

zbyshkoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2006 - 11:20 AM

dorset

it's great to have such a long lead-time before the tournament! my friend and i are trying to jockey work schedules to get the weekend off. he works retail, so that's a rough thing to do.

now we need to get time for a few practice games. the Sisters are very out of shape!!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic