NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:25 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Tooter Booter rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2006 - 09:06 AM

United States of America
ZOMG! Surprised

Wow Brian, that must have been a very difficult decision to make!

Like all the rest I want to say thank you, although I dont think I can say it anywhere nearly as eloquently as Jim did.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Reply with quote Back to top
Kolja_TBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2006 - 09:04 PM

Duuuude, that's some news! Too bad - even though I never managed to go to a DeathBowl, I always really wanted to and hoped to do it some day.

I understand that life can get quite busy, too busy to run a tourney. However, perhaps you can still simply play in a tourney once in a while? That would be fun.
Let someone else do the heavy lifting while you get to have the fun of just showing up on a weekend and playing. Wink

Kolja

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 11:49 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Any news on this ? I'm still interested if no others can buy the whole package from up there (Montreal/London) area. I'd rather buy it all than see it scattered to all corners.

please give us some updats.

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 15, 2006 - 09:45 AM

Canada
Ottawa are not going to be buying the Deathbowl due to current financial climate.....
If its still on the market in a few months then maybe we can.

Joe

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 - 09:42 AM

Well I'm putting out the final call to anyone who's interested in buying the tournament as a package. If not I'll be auctioning off the individual pieces over the next few weeks. Once again here's what you get with the package.

-Carnage Colloseum (The Death Bowl Stadium) & the transport dolly
-Phantom Field (The glass BB field) & the transport dolly
-the PVC legs for both stadiums
-Fuzzyfoot Field (This years Halfling field)
-4 Stools for the stadiums
-7 Death Bowl combo fields with Death Bowl on one side and 2 BB7's boards on the other.
-www.thedeathbowl.com (though it'll need to be transfered over to a new server or the buyer will have to take over the current account which runs about $250 per year)
-the death bowl web software though it is incomplete and will need a little TLC from a php savvy individual.
-All of the table trimmings (Table cloths, plastic table markers,etc)
-The Dark Angel Statue for the Admin table.
-The Wooden Spoon
-The Halfling legacy trophy
-My complete supply of 2004,2005 & 2006 tournament figs and I'll put you in contact with Indigo as we've already started working on the 2007 anniversary fig.
-The House Rulez Blimp which includes the aluminium carrying case, the balloon bladder and a pump to blow it up.
-I'll supply the buyer with the Death Bowl Orc poster art original digital copy in extreme high res.
-all the other assorted trophy bits and stuff I can't think of right now..

Drop me a pm by the end of the week if you're interested.

Brian

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 - 02:35 PM

Canada
It is a real shame that this tournament might be sold off as parts. I know Joe had me totally excited about buying the tournament, I was even going to help him buy it, but the funds just werent there to buy the whole thing in one shot. I only found out about this tournament being sold off afew weeks ago, or I would have saved up more money to buy it.

I thought the tournament moving to Ottawa would have been perfect. There is a large void that could be filled quite easily, and its pretty central in means of major cities in the region.

I have not talked to Joe since before Christmas, and did not realize he had backed out. Hopefully I will talk to him soon, and see if maybe we can take a second attempt @ buying the tournament.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 - 04:32 PM

If you guys still want to take a shot at it just let me know.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 - 11:35 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well as I told you on the phone Brian, I may be able to pay you the amount in full (just have to wait on a phone call) I may have all the $$$ to you very soon (that is if you do not mind it going to Niagara Falls ON)

Rod

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Canada
Unfortunately, Joe was the one speadheading this project. I know he was pretty serious, but I have idea of the finances. He is back in England for Christmas, and hopefully will come back soon. I will try and get a response to you soon.

If Rod has all the cash, then by all means sell it to him. I would rather see the tournament stay in one piece, even if it is not in Ottawa.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2007 - 09:45 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well my financial backer just needs to check a few things but has assured me he is almost 100% positive it is a go. As soon as I know more you will know more. I'm expecting a call with the final answer tonight.

Rod

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2007 - 10:22 AM

Canada
Cyberhare, can you give us to the weekend and I will have a final answer. Joe's initial finances didn't work out, but we seem to have a solution. Give us 48 hrs to see if we have the funds. Unless Clan-skaven really wants it right away, then by all means.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2007 - 10:35 AM

There is no immediate rush to make any decissions. I know you guys are working to make things happen and I can't ask for more than that.

I know Clan-Skanen wants the event and I know you guys in Ottawa would like to have it. I'm personally leaning towards Ottawa in personal preference but Niagara Falls would be a good home as well. Ottawa is just that much more central to everyone. Lets just let everyone make sure they know what they want to do and then move foreward from there.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2007 - 07:17 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well Brian I will respect your final decision (no matter what it is), & my financial backer gave me the green light. If you have a paypal account he can have you the $$$ right now, or he said he can fed-ex American Express Travlers Cheaques.

So the ball is in your hands Brian, I'm good to go down here ready & waiting.

Rod

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2007 - 09:03 PM

Canada
Well be it in Ottawa or the Falls, it is good to know that the Deathbowl is going to remain intact! But make no mistake Brian, you will be missed!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 11:22 AM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
Ottawa is just that much more central to everyone...

This one has been rattling in my head for a while, and have to ask: "central to whom?" I understand if you want to keep it close to you and the Montreal crowd Brian, but if you want to look at the big BB scene, and where it will be more centrally located, then the Falls is definitely the better choice.

Any tourney that I have seen advertised in the States is always in Boston, Washington, or somewhere that is an 8 hour drive+ for me - this is because they are all in the eastern states and further south of New York. If the Deathbowl were to go the the Falls, then not only would it have the Toronto crowd, but it would also get the people from New York and Michigan and other communities which have been, up until now, neglected in the tourney scene.

The Montreal contingent could always drive through the States for a quicker drive, which leaves Ottawa as the hardest done by in this scenario.

No offense to Ottawa, because those guys are great, and I know that they will do a great job with the Deathbowl (should they get it), but they already have two tourneys there (Carnage in the Capital and The Capital City Kickoff) so there area is being served. there is nothing in the Falls nor in the surrounding area. If the Deathbowl were to move to Niagara Falls, then I think that it would be serving the blood bowl community better in the whole, and inject some new blood into the tourney scene.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic