NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 07:24 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
No sir, this isn't my Death-Roller. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dlb1969Offline
Post subject: ogre team...  PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 09:01 AM

United States of America
      Milo wrote:
Here's the most recent playtest list I suggested:

Code:
Ogre Team List

Qty   Position      MA ST AG AV Skills                       Cost  Access
---   ------------  -- -- -- -- ---------------------------  ----  ------
0-4   Ogre Blitzer  5  5  2  9  Mighty Blow, Thick Skull,    120k   G, S
                                 Throw Team Mate, Bonehead
0-12  Ogre Blocker  4  5  1  9  Really Stupid, Thick Skull    90k    S
0-4   Goblin        6  2  3  7  Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff    40k    A

Re-rolls:  80k
Apothecary:  50k

I'll still need to propose this to the BBRC, and both this and the BBMag #6 team need more testing. Hopefully this is pretty close to what a final Ogre Team roster might look like.

I actually like it. It's much better than the one that is posted in the BBmag. That's just boring. This is much better. I think that maybe they should drop the blockers to 0-8 and make the team have to take 0-4 gobbos eventually. I'll have to do some play teating with this team and see what they play like. It looks good though.
Now all we have to do is get them to make a more interesting vamp team. I am working on house rule teams for my own league that incorporate the vampire counts theme with blood dragons, von carstein, etc. The vamps are less powerful in terms of stats, but that have skills to off set.

Reply with quote Back to top
dlb1969Offline
Post subject: OGRE TEAM TIME TABLE...  PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 09:28 AM

United States of America
So is there any time table for when the ogre team will be coming out for sale?

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 10:00 AM

should be out within the next month i would think

Jon

MiloOffline
Post subject: Re: ogre team...  PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 10:46 AM

Switzerland
      dlb1969 wrote:
Now all we have to do is get them to make a more interesting vamp team. I am working on house rule teams for my own league that incorporate the vampire counts theme with blood dragons, von carstein, etc. The vamps are less powerful in terms of stats, but that have skills to off set.

Sadly, Chet and I already worked up and proposed Vampire Count rules, but were soundly rejected by Jervis. I think I can get a copy of the rules, though, if you want it.

Milo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 10:56 AM

Toronto, ON
Well it will be interesting to see how this team develops in play testing. I have a funny feeling even this list has managed to out-cheese the Khemri team.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

dlb1969Offline
Post subject: Re: Milo and vamp counts team rules...  PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 01:41 PM

United States of America
      Milo wrote:
      dlb1969 wrote:

Sadly, Chet and I already worked up and proposed Vampire Count rules, but were soundly rejected by Jervis. I think I can get a copy of the rules, though, if you want it.

Milo

I would love to get those if you could email them to me at Jiriki13@yahoo.com. I posted the vamp count teams that I made up on another post in this section for house rules. Check it out and see how close or far I went from what you guys did.

dlb1969Offline
Post subject: OGRE TEAMS; ALL OF THEM...  PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 01:55 PM

United States of America
Either way you look at it, this team is way overpowered. With a possibility of 11 ogres on the field all with at least ST4+. That is just crazy. I think maybe 11 ogres is a bit much. Maybe they need to keep Milo's team, but only allow them 8 on field with 12 for a max roster. Something like this using Milo's roster.
0-8 ogre blockers
0-4 ogre blitzers
0-4 gobbos
Let them only field 8 and have 12 max roster spots open. That would leave them flexible for people who want more gobbos or more blockers. The question would be do you want more potential scorers on the field, gobbos and blitzers, or more ST5 players that can't handle the ball. I just think 11 on field is a little crazy when your talking about what could possibly be 11 ST5 players. Yea, they couldn't handle the ball very well; but would they have to. There probably wouldn't be too many opposing players left on the field to stop them in the second half. They could have the potential to be the toughest blocking team in the history of the game. Just some random thoughts about the subject.
I also think that ogre RRs should be at the very least 80k. They may practice more than normal ogres do, but they are still stupid/boneheaded.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 02:41 PM

Really stupid will have a nasty effect unless you support them. Its a lot better than the roster in bbmag6

Jon

dlb1969Offline
Post subject: Yea, but...  PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 08:11 AM

United States of America
      Grumbledook wrote:
Really stupid will have a nasty effect unless you support them. Its a lot better than the roster in bbmag6

What happens when the ogre team only has 3 of those really stupid players on the field. It's not that hard to make sure they are, at least, covered for the intial blocks with gobbos. Can a really stupid player support another really stupid player? If that was so then those three could be placed on the line all in line adjacent to eac other and have support that way.

Dave

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 08:27 AM

As I understand it, Really Stupid players can help each other out, even if they have already failed their own roll. You've also got Goblins on the roster who seem ready made to dodge out and help the big dummies.

-Oscar Wilde

MiloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 09:32 AM

Switzerland
      LRB2.0 wrote:
Because of this you must roll a D6 after declaring an action for the player, but before before taking the action. If there???s one or more players from the same team standing adjacent to the really stupid player???s square, and who aren???t also really stupid, then add +2 to the dice roll. On a roll of 1-3 they stand around trying to remember what it is they???re meant to be doing. The player can???t do anything for the turn, and the player???s team loses the declared action for that turn (so if a Really Stupid player declares a Blitz and rolls a 1, then the team cannot declare another Blitz that turn).

Note the "and who aren't also really stupid" clause. This prevents Really Stupid players from standing together and acting like Boneheads. This could be up for debate as to whether it should say "and who aren't also really stupid or boneheaded".

Milo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 09:42 AM

Embarassed Thanks Milo, I must have missed that somehow. I wonder how I'm going to break this to my league's Goblin player. Confused

-Oscar Wilde

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 12:19 PM

It will be interesting to see the playtest results from this team. Initially they look even scaries than the Khemri team but with Bonehead and Really Stupid they are a lot less reliable and even though these can be re-rolled it's going to drain the teams re-rolls.

Boom! He's on his back!

AristodeimosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 07:20 AM

Not making the Ogres "Big Guys" is a mistake. Not only are you snubbing your nose at Blood Bowl tradition, but you are increasing the value of the model without increasing it's price. This team should have to play without the benefit of team re-rolls to compensate for it's OVERWHELMING strength.

MiloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 07:50 AM

Switzerland
Aristodeimos -- Remember, this is just a playtest team. There's ample time to change that before the team becomes official. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it WON'T become official until some playtesting data confirms our theory that the rampant Really Stupid on this team will always be its downfall.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic