NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 11:41 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Who remembers Dirty Player? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jelmerOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2007 - 05:46 AM

Netherlands
Team Madhobbit has allready organised itself... 6 of us will be present in Nottingham! We are about to book our flight...

Reply with quote Back to top
antipixiOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 15, 2007 - 11:44 AM

Bedford, UK
I'd really like to come and join in along with at least one of my friends. However, as teachers we can't take the Friday off (especially since it's the last day before the half term holiday). So I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to arrive on the Friday evening and just play in the team event over the weekend? (And what would happen about skills?)

2. Do the points gained on the Friday carry over into the team event?

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 15, 2007 - 12:00 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
Good questions.....I will make sure Deathwing (organiser) see's this. I too am unlikely to get that Friday off so I have the same ones!!

TopperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 22, 2007 - 07:17 PM

Denmark

When will we be able to purchase tickets?
I have at least one team, and might get up to three teams over denmark.
But I´d hate to start booking flights before I know for sure we can play.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
HangusOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 23, 2007 - 07:20 AM

Undisclosed

Don't know about dates of sales Topper, but positive the dates will not change so there is no harm in booking flights now as they are a bit cheaper. But i would hold off on booking hotels as i think OMM is trying to find an offical hotel which may even be cheaper.

TopperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 23, 2007 - 11:48 AM

Denmark

Well my fear is that we don´t get tickets to the main event, and then it´d suck to have booked flights Smile

HangusOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 24, 2007 - 05:20 AM

Undisclosed

I am sure you will be fine if you let the organisers know Wink

besides the madhobbit lot have already booked flight as have a couple of the Aussies.

longfangOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 24, 2007 - 05:32 AM

Topper, you will have no problem getting tickets as this tourmenent will be able to host well over two hundred coaches. As far as I know tickets will go on sale as soon as the final price is confirmed, which is waiting for catering cost. I'd say get your teams organised and assure your fellow Danes that if they come they will be in.

TopperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2007 - 04:26 PM

Denmark

Oki then.
I´ll start looking for flight plans then Smile

HangusOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Team and individual sections  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2007 - 10:26 PM

Undisclosed

Excellent news Topper it'll be good to see you there

smeborgOffline
Post subject: A couple of questions  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2007 - 10:12 PM

Hi Woody-

Well done you and others getting the World Cup off the ground - good boys!

(1) How does registration/ticketing work. Please bear in mind that this is a big issue for those of us planning to come long distance (I'm in New Zealand). We have first to get a team together, make sure we can get off work etc., book flights, and don't want to find that the event is full up before we have got our act together.

(2) I share Bevan's concern at the hybrid Swiss system being used (3 rounds of individual Swiss plus 6 rounds of team Swiss). Never mind deliberate attempts to bend the system (I don't worry about that sort of thing) but the fact that the best individual coaches will (mainly) be in the top teams (and therefore playing each other) must skew the individual championship results quite severely (against those coaches). This can be easily seen after the event in a mismatch between individual standings and NAF rankings, for example. I put this question because I see a real risk of the individual championship being discredited.

All the best

Smeborg

antipixiOffline
Post subject: RE: A couple of questions  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2007 - 01:18 AM

Bedford, UK
Any news on my questions about those who can't make the Friday until the evening?

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: A couple of questions  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2007 - 06:40 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
Not that I am aware - or that has been published Antipixi.

Smeborg -- It would be great to see you here for the WC. I am not part of the organising committee on this, my NAF plate is full with other stuff.
HOWEVER, a NAF meeting agreed that 18 tickets would be held open for each country coming and therefore you will not have a problem. That is unless you leave it stupidly late. You need to bear in mind, this is not a GW ticket sale.... the NAF will decide how to allocate tickets so if you annouce 6 NZ players intend to come then they will be held back as long as feasible for you.

antipixiOffline
Post subject: RE: A couple of questions  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2007 - 01:06 AM

Bedford, UK
Cheers for the update Lycos. Even if it is a nil return Smile

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: A couple of questions  PostPosted: Mar 10, 2007 - 05:22 AM
President

England
Hi,
can we have an idiot's guide please? Assume I know nothing about the world cup or the Eurobowl, apart from what I've read on the announcement posting. Idiot's guide could include:
- how do you get a team together, and are there unlimited teams from each country?
- can you come for Fri evening onwards only (although this isn't official yet)

And anything else that might be helpful for any passing eejit Very Happy

Ta,
Mike

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic