NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 11:45 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Astro-granite helps break strong bones 12 ways. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: Reguest for Submissions - NAF World Cup prize team  PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 05:23 AM

Undisclosed
Request for Submissions - NAF World Cup Prize Miniatures

The NAF will be casting a limited edition 12 figure Blood Bowl team to be given away DURING EACH DAY of the inaugural NAF World Cup. To accomplish this, the NAF staff is inviting anyone interested to submit sketches, drawings or pictures from which sculpted greens may be cast. The guidelines are as follows:

(1) anyone may submit as many drawings or sketches as they wish;

(2) for each drawing selected, the artist or designer will receive one (1) finished team as a thank you gift;

(3) Initially the plan is that there will be a total of five positions which comprise the team: 2 Blitzers, 2 Blocker/Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Catchers, and 4 linemen. While this alignment has a natural bias towards the Human race, should there be exciting and compelling submissions for another race, this may change. In other words, if you???ve been dreaming of the most incredible looking dwarf team of all time, go for it.

(4) a maximum of three hundred (300) of the complete team will be produced as per-day gifts for those coaches/teams attending the 2007 World Cup;

(5) all submissions will be posted to the NAF website to invite commentary and suggestion from the membership and a straw poll will be taken. The final determination of which concepts will be sculpted and cast will be made by the NAF staff;

(6) all submissions should be in a common graphic format (JPG, BMP, etc etc) at the lowest possible resolution which still displays the art well, and sent via email to:
nuffle@bloodbowl.net
with the subject ???NAF mini drawing??? clearly indicated in the subject or topic line;

(7) the deadline for submission will be 5PM EST, February 20th, 2007, with the selections being announced during the first week of March.

A separate topic will be posted on the NAF forum with all submissions given a number and made viewable. We encourage positive commentary about the ideas submitted but please, no flaming or lobbying.

Any questions should be directed to Jim Lanier, NAF Treasurer via email:
jlanier@tampabay.rr.com

Last edited by Old_Man_Monkey on Aug 04, 2007 - 01:53 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject: RE: Reguest for Submissions - NAF World Cup prize team  PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 07:51 AM

United States of America
Very cool Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

JABOOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2007 - 01:11 AM

What about this? Can we see the sketches yet? Thanks!! Very Happy

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: Reguest for Submissions - NAF World Cup prize team  PostPosted: Mar 14, 2007 - 11:07 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
(7) the deadline for submission will be 5PM EST, February 20th, 2007, with the selections being announced during the first week of March.

Galak

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Reguest for Submissions - NAF World Cup prize team  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2007 - 08:53 AM

Undisclosed
As Galak so kindly noted above, the deadline for this contest has expired with no submissions. We will pursue other ways of providing giveaways at the World Cup. I know, for instance, there is a green' NAF fanatic' sculpture already made, done by Phil Bowen, which would easily be put into production. Perhaps Tees and other giveaways will be better prizes....

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Reguest for Submissions - NAF World Cup prize te  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2007 - 10:12 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
As Galak so kindly noted above, the deadline for this contest has expired with no submissions. We will pursue other ways of providing giveaways at the World Cup. I know, for instance, there is a green' NAF fanatic' sculpture already made, done by Phil Bowen, which would easily be put into production. Perhaps Tees and other giveaways will be better prizes....

Jim ... I would like to suggest that you did the contest in a way that stacked the deck against getting any submissions to be honest my friend.

Most folks are not artists so instead of asking for drawings ... you most likely should have asked for concepts (I only mention this for next time). Most folks that are artists normally get paid for their work ... I know Impact! pays 50 Euros per a sketch for our concept art.

Galak

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Reguest for Submissions - NAF World Cup priz  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2007 - 11:20 AM

Canada
I found this thread too late - would it still be possible to submit any ideas?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

JABOOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2007 - 08:34 AM

Sorry, but i understand that no one submitted any drawing. I submitted four drawings of players on february 20th to this mail direction, and the pictures were sent-. And i posted this pictures at bloodbowlforo.org from spain,the same day. If the problem are the desingns, i can desing all the team (if you like my pictures).

You can see my pictures at

http://www.bloodbowlforo.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4437&start=75

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 09:08 AM

I've not had the time to do any had plenty of ideas

i'd like to say no to a tshirt though, i've got so many and don't wear most of them!

Jon

Glorian_UnderhillOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 04:28 PM

Well is send you not sketches but real pictures, maybe they where so bad that you didn't bother to answer to them at all. Very Happy

Too late of course and a little bit self centered. Rolling Eyes

But as I got the idea that some of the sketches are used, so I only have one positional.
And I second Grumm please no shirts. Please.....

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2007 - 03:14 AM

Undisclosed
Sorry JABO, didn't get the email as far as I can tell... I will check with Woody to see if he can see them. In the meantime, please re-send to my email address below....

Both Impact Miniatures and Shadowforge have been extremely helpful in wanting to get this done, so let's do this:

(1) we will accept ANY kind of themed drawing or (what's the word Galak used...) CONCEPT for the next ten days
(2) send them directly to me, Jim Lanier, at: jlanier@tampabay.rr.com
(3) I'll post them and the membership can comment and vote after March 30th.

Any questions, please PM or email me. And thanks for the interest, even if a bit late.... Very Happy

OMM

ps and thanks for the advisory on the Tees as prizes....

pps what else would you like to see? As a prize I mean....

ppps Grum, we couldn't find a Tee in your size anyway.... Smile

antipixiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2007 - 05:30 AM

Bedford, UK
Old Man Monkey - Just a quick check; did you get my meager offering?

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2007 - 11:33 AM

i'd rather it cost less than get given something to collect dust 0_o

can't think of anything that springs to mind, having minis is rather subjective, specially if you don't like them

good minis i will tend to buy anyway (assuming they are available for purchase) ugly ltd edition stuff is nasty

if you are going that route you could maybe offer them like the games day minis, run a batch and sell them to the people there

any excess flog off after

this saves people putting money towards something they neither want or like, i spend enough on tournies as it is!

as for the extension to the submission of sketches, i still can't make that as I have my uni interview on the 2nd so need to spend time on art for that

gl everyone else though, look forward to seeing the submissions

Jon

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2007 - 05:07 AM

Undisclosed
@antipixi - got yout drawings, yes, along with some photos from Glorian Underhill; will be posting these in the next day or so...

UPDATE: I have sent the pics I've received along to Woody to see if he can get them organized into a separate thread and poll. If not, I will put them onto one of my websites and number each one so everyone can start looking, commenting and voting. So if there are any more submissions, please please please get them to me in the next coupld of days. Email : jlanier@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited by Old_Man_Monkey on Mar 27, 2007 - 02:52 AM; edited 1 time in total

ThomsyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 27, 2007 - 02:46 AM

australia
I have trouble drawing my name so I can't send you any pictures but had an idea.
How about making the team the bad bay hackers from the books.
Mgrash off the cover of bloodbowl and the other players like on the cover of dead ball or death match.That would make it a pretty special prize.(to me anyway)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic