NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 08:39 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2007 - 12:32 PM

Canada
Congrats Eric. Looking forward to seeing the results.

How many people participated at the tourney? Any more details would be nice.

Marc-André

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2007 - 07:14 PM

Canada
There were eight people at the tourney: Me, Clan-Skaven, Talons, Eric, the organizers (Chairface and Shadowseer) and then a couple of noobs. Given the number of people we went with a round robin style as oppose to a swiss.

Teams were as follows:
Eric - Amazons
Me - Nurgle's Rotters
CS - Orcs
Talons - Pro Elves
Chairface - Ogres
Shadowseer - Lizardmen (monkies)
The Noobs played lizardmen and humans.

I started off against Dave's ogres. First turn, there's a bad kick which landed on a snotling right behind an ogre - ba-boom one turn touchdown and nothing I can do about it. Then in my retaliation, despite numerous blocks on the snotties, all I could roll were triple pushes. Second half was a bit better and I managed to score and tie the game (1-1).

Second game was against Eric's 'zons who were coming off an upset of Rod's orcs. He got the first turn and his first play was a 1d block against one of my rotters, knocks him down and casualties him out of the game. Again, I was getting tons of pushes and at the end of the first half I had three casualties (against me! - including my rotter with leader!) to his none. Luckily the second half was more within the law of averages and I started to fight back and eventually won it 1-0.

Third game was against the other Eric, who was playing humans. A bitter brawl all game, but I managed to come out with a victory (2-0).

Then came the draft, I got mighty blow for a warrior, claw (warrior) tentacle (warrior) and extra arms (rotter) - (For starters I had leader on a rotter and block on my beast of Nurgle)

The next game was the Dungeonbowl, first touchdown wins. I was playing Dan's team of evil monkeys (lizardmen stats), and as we started pulling players into the dungeon, he committed a lot of players on one side. Luckily my pestigor found the ball on my first attempt, and then managed to teleport on to his weaker flank where I had two chaos warriors to hold off his defenders. My beast of Nurgle ran with a babysitter from one side of the dunegon to the other, while the pestigor fought against a stupid skink who would not stay down. Eventually, I triumphed and scored.

Second last game was against the other noob Brad, and his lizardmen. My claw was unstoppable in this game only failing to penetrate armour after successfully penetrating armour about ten times (no exaggeration)! Needless to say, I won that one too (2-0)

Final game was a lot of pressure - Talons. Lose to this guy, and never hear the end of it. Beat this guy, and never hear the end of how I cheated. Also, it had big implications for the final standings. Let me say though, that I think any team with seven armour was seriously hosed on this table because of the +1 to all armour rolls when knocked down. He put up a great fight, and I only managed to score in the final turn of the first half (I was really nervous to start the second half without scoring, as I know how fast elves can score). However, by the end of the second half I think he only had four players left and I made it 2-0.

A lot of fun, love the draft, and Dungeonbowl was a crazy game, but a lot of fun! Would definitely do it again, and look forward to seeing more of you mutts out there!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 12:19 PM

Canada
Sounds like if it was fun. This "mutt" will try to make it to the next tourney ... Laughing

Marc-Andre

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2007 - 09:11 PM

Canada
Hey Dan, Dave! Any chance of you guys getting those results entered this weekend? Wink

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 04:37 PM

Canada
Dan/Dave

Were you guys aware that Stiches has a clothing line called "Bongo Wear"? Dunno man, sounds like a sponsorship opportunity to me! Smile

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 07:58 PM

The results have been posted...( finally) Sorry for the wait guys and thank you for your patience. I have entered the results under simple results as I did not know that there was an advance mode. So only the wins and losses have been posted and as there were 2 non NAF participants those games did not get posted. Please let me know if there are any errors.

I hope you all had fun and we will endeavour to make the next Bongo Bowl better than the first one. See you all at the next tourney.

shadowseer2005

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 08:27 PM

Canada
So Brad and Eric were not converted to the church of NAF? Dammit I thought you and Dave were going to take care of that! did you guys run out of those cheap Mexican drugs that Eric gave you?

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 09:26 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Shadowseer2005 wrote:
The results have been posted...( finally) Sorry for the wait guys and thank you for your patience. I have entered the results under simple results as I did not know that there was an advance mode. So only the wins and losses have been posted and as there were 2 non NAF participants those games did not get posted. Please let me know if there are any errors.

I hope you all had fun and we will endeavour to make the next Bongo Bowl better than the first one. See you all at the next tourney.

shadowseer2005

round two you have eric r defeating spazz (i think thats an error , his only win should be me)

rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

ChairfaceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 08:38 AM

Canada

Hmmm. I thought brad was going to sign up for sure. Sorry guys

ChairfaceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 08:44 AM

Canada

Um, I'm now the highest ranking Ogre player in Canada and 13th in the world. That is so wrong.... Twisted Evil

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 08:53 AM

Canada
Rod is right (did I really just say that???) I beat Eric in round 2. Score was 1-0 for me.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 10:41 AM

Vancouver, BC
Brad should be signed up.

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 02:29 PM

Spazzfist wrote:
Rod is right (did I really just say that???) I beat Eric in round 2. Score was 1-0 for me.

I just added the correct outcome but does anyone know how do I remove the incorrect match that I first reported?

shadowseer2005

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 10:36 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
Brad should be signed up.

To elaborate on Eric's detailed statement, I heard from Rob that Brad had given his money to Eric to give to Ben so that he could be signed up for NAF. Therefore, Brad's should be signed up, not just 'cause Eric says so, but because he has paid for it.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2007 - 11:03 AM

Canada
      Shadowseer2005 wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

I just added the correct outcome but does anyone know how do I remove the incorrect match that I first reported?

shadowseer2005

you need ask someone with god like powers teehee.
Maybe Ben, although you may need to ask the new tournie director, I would PM ben personally.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic