NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 11:56 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Hip! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vinz_DOffline
Post subject: TV 110 Nurgle's Rotters  PostPosted: Apr 10, 2007 - 04:56 AM

Netherlands
Recently struck by Nurgle's Rot and as such, I've been looking into creating a roster for tournaments. Now, after thinking about this for a few days, I have come up with the following roster:
- 1x beast of nurgle
- 2x nurgle warriors
- 4x pestigor
- 5x rotter
- 3x re-roll
- 1x cheerleader

Now the one point that might bring some problems is the skill choice...

Rotters - Normal: Sure Hands (1x), Block, Disturbing Presence / Double: ?
Pestigors - Normal: Block, Strip Ball, Disturbing Presence / Double: ?
Nurgle Warriors - Normal: Block / Double: Dodge
Beast of Nurgle - Normal: Juggernaut / Double: Block

Any pieces of advice on this one?

Greetz

NAF member #6587 or 'that guy who always play Goblins...'

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: TV 110 Nurgle  PostPosted: Apr 10, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Canada
I would drop pestigors to go for more warriors - you really need the strength to hold you together, and I cannot count the number of times that the foul appearance has stopped a block, or the disturbing presence has upset a passing play.

Also, one skill that is an absolute must for this team now is the extra arms. Not only does it give you +1 to intercept and catch the ball, but now it gives you +1 to pick it up! A must ball handling skill for the team.

For other skills, I would highly reccomend block for the warriors, tackle is a good second, but so are tentacles and claws. I managed to upset a lot of plays at my last tourneys with my warrior with tentacles.

For a doubles consider leader - it is always nice to have another reroll!

The beast is really great to have, although it can be terribly unreliable. But again the foul appearance and the disturbing presence are wonderful, and the tentacles and ST5 are a reall dampener on the spirits of any gutter runners who get through your lines! If you can get him block early, then do so, but if not, then I would lean more towards break tackle than juggernaut. I find it more helpful to get the beast (and it's tentacle) onto people than making blitzes with it. Be sure not to get him stuck on the line, leave him in the deeper defense with a babysitter and then pounce on any gutter runners or elf catcher who run through.

Hope that this helps!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Last edited by Spazzfist on Apr 10, 2007 - 01:44 PM; edited 1 time in total

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2007 - 10:26 AM

Canada
Stupid warrior with Tentacles Smile I had a Gutter Runner in this guy's tentacles ... Not convinced that it is that effective on ST3 players though.

I agree with Spazz for the use of the Beast. Do not blitz with him. Leave him out of TZs, and try to get him in contact with a high-value player. The worst thing that can happen is that the Beast gets stuck on the line with a Skeleton as a baby-sitter. That's where break tackle comes-in. Juggernaut is not a skill for a Beast.

For the doubles on the Warrior, do not pick dodge. Even if you roll a doubles, it does not mean that you have to use it. Like BoBs and other players, the normal skills picks are much better than the doubles, even more so with the Warriors as they have access to mutations. Waste the doubles, and pick a normal skill.

If you give Sure Hands to a Rotter, I'm assuming that you want him to be your ball carrier? IMO, with their MA of 5, they are too slow. I would use a Pestigor as a ball carrier. Unless you have lots of strip ball in your league, I would not pick sure hands. I would pick Extra Arms instead. With a few Pestigors with Extra Arms, you can have two players who can pick-up the ball reliably, and you can even (if you really want to) have what resembles a decent passing game. But don't rely on it too much, as this is not the strength of Nurgle.

Another note wrt development. Pick a theme for your team. I have seen a few Chaos/Nurgle coaches that pick lots of different skills on different players that don't necessarily complement each-other. Based on the composition of your league, you can tailor your Nurgle team to be pretty good a certain things.

If there is lots of passing in the league, then Extra Arms, Pass Block, maybe even Catch (not sure on that one), coupled with the Disturbing Presence already on the Warriors and Beast, can neutralize the passing plays.

If there is lots of bash, then Block, Mighty Blow, and Claws can destroy even the nastiest Orc team.

Good luck.

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2007 - 01:48 PM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
Stupid warrior with Tentacles Smile I had a Gutter Runner in this guy's tentacles ... Not convinced that it is that effective on ST3 players though.

It can be very effective! I played elves after that game with you and although they did manage to break away a few times, there were a number of times that they were held fast! Having a 2+ dodge means nothing when you are wrapped in a tentacle! Too often AG4 players can dodge away easily. At least this gives you another chance at stopping them. I think for this particular warrior the tentacle/tackle combo is really nice! If they do get away, then make sure that they do not get a free reroll if they fail!

Other than that I think Cramy has it spot-on (mostly because he agreed with everything else I said! Razz)

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Vinz_DOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2007 - 02:37 PM

Netherlands
Thanks for the advice all... I guess it's back to the drawing board with this one for the moment. Razz

Greetz

NAF member #6587 or 'that guy who always play Goblins...'

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic