NAF Logo
leftstar May 05, 2024 - 04:31 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Zara thinks you're cute. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
eroc78Offline
Post subject: Players Numbers  PostPosted: May 10, 2007 - 01:21 PM

I wonder what you guys use to number players? What I mean is lets say you have a full 16 person and you Elf blizter gets killed. Then you buy a linemen to replace him b/c you lack the gold to buy the blitzer back.

So with out tearing off a sticker or repainting the figs number (which I know would be a pain) what do you suggest?

I was thinking about using a magnet system of some sort but not sure how to implement. Right now I just paint the numbers on my players bases.

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Players Numbers  PostPosted: May 10, 2007 - 01:47 PM

Canada
For a long time I was trapped int he mental box of thinking that I had to number my players #1-16. What an amazing thing the power of suggestion can be!

But more recently I have started numbering my players whatever number (e.g. 65) and then on the left side of the number on the roster sheet I write their player number. That way I can put the players wherever I want on the roster sheet and do not have to worry about repainting numbers or anything like that. This is especially helpful for my new Nurgle team which has rotters for different races, so when I kill a player on another team, I can substitute the player with the appropriate rotter and instead of having to repaint the number on the base I just write his number on the side of the roster sheet.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

eroc78Offline
Post subject: RE: Players Numbers  PostPosted: May 11, 2007 - 07:27 AM

Thanks Spazz, I guess I was over thinking how to do this. I will do what you suggested.

ravynOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2007 - 09:15 PM

Undisclosed
Actually what we do in our league here is to put a letter before a number to show the player number. IE my first thrower is T1, Then my Beserkers are B1 and B2, My runners are C1 and C2 ( the minis are catchers and I numbered them before i thought about it), etc.. I just bought a new Thrower monday and he is #14 on the roster but the number on his base it T2. it's a lot easier to figure out that way
Vern

DraakusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2007 - 08:29 PM

Australia
When I paint my minis I number my linemen from 16 down and my positionals from 1 up.
So if I have a situation where a positional dies and I replace him with a linemen, it is a simple case of cut and paste to re-arrange the roster.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic