NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 02:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are overrated rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tomrosOffline
Post subject: Should my orc teams second purchase be a fourth reroll?  PostPosted: May 24, 2007 - 12:53 PM

Maryland U.S.A.
I am very new to Blood Bowl, I have played only two games, and am playing an orc team. After my first game I purchased an apocathery which seemed like a smart move to me, now I am wondering if I should save my money untill I get the 120000 required and purchase a fourth reroll. Would the reroll be the best thing or should I pursue a better plan of action.

My team is as follows:

Da Gang Green

Four Blitzers
Four Black Orc Blockers
One Thrower
Two Lineorcs
Three Rerolls
Zero Fan Factor
Apocathery

I play primarily vs amazons but as my regular opponent and I have decided to both run two teams for added variety I will probably have humans or skaven as regular opponents as well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated by a newbie trying his best. Smile
Thanks,
Tom

Reply with quote Back to top
HerkufelsOffline
Post subject: RE: Should my orc teams second purchase be a fourth reroll?  PostPosted: May 24, 2007 - 11:58 PM

Nürnberg
I may be a bit dense at the moment, but why do you pay 120k for a reroll, when they just cost 60k. At least when I last checked the LRB.
In my opinion, if you play league, buy some FF. Mo Money after the game.

Cheers,

Chris

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Should my orc teams second purchase be a fourth reroll?  PostPosted: May 25, 2007 - 01:59 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Rerolls cost double after intial team set up - so a 60k reroll costs 120k to buy but still only adds 60k to your team value (so your TV drops 60k). Its been that way since 3rd ed.

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject: RE: Should my orc teams second purchase be a fourth reroll?  PostPosted: May 25, 2007 - 06:21 AM

An extra reroll is never a bad thing. However, at this point, with your roster, I would get a troll. The troll is just such a nuisance for the other team to have to deal with. (Note: Some people don't like the troll. The trick to using the troll well is to try not to put it in a place where it is throwing the critical block/blitz. Generally, always have the troll be one of the last pieces you move each turn...)

Hope this helps.

tomrosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2007 - 06:39 AM

Maryland U.S.A.
Thanks for the tips. I posted this same question over at TBB and many people thought I should go for the troll. Since I have a, I am fairly sure this is the name, Ripper Bolgrot chomping at the bit to do some damage on the pitch I think he will have to be added before I purchase a fourth reroll.

As for the FF, Herkufels, It will only get me an extra 10000 after the game depending on if it modifies my FAME above my opponents. I prefer the idea of earning FF through wins as opposed to purchasing it right now. Maybe later on when I have more loose cash to spend I will buy some but not right now.

Thanks again for giving some advice to a pathetic newbie,
Tom

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2007 - 07:40 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
You can't buy FF after the team is created.

tomrosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2007 - 11:00 AM

Maryland U.S.A.
Doubleskulls thanks for pointing that out. After reading my rulebook another four or five times I will hopefully have everything down pat. Embarassed

I think its cooler to earn FF anyway. Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic