NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 11:37 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Elfheim Eagles in doping scandal. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spunkyOffline
Post subject: Dark Elf Assasin rules!!  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2007 - 09:17 AM

I played as Dark Elf in my first tournament as I fancied a challenge. I didn't do too badlly (W2, L2, D2). I had 3 blitzers, 1 witch elf, 1 runner, 1 assasin and 6 line elves, 2rr.

During the games I blodged 2 blitzers and my witch elf. My 3rd blitzer I gave catch and to my runner I gave NOS. It worked really well with Dump off, it got me out of tight spaces a few time too.

The assasin (named 'Kutchu Upgud) was awesome Twisted Evil . Against wood elves (i played 3 WE teams) I put him in the wide zone and chased around catchers and wardancers all game. He was great and I recommend them in any Dark elf line up as people tend to focus on him rather than the game Twisted Evil .

Spunky

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Dark Elf Assasin rules!!  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2007 - 11:52 AM

Canada
I had seen dark elves played recently for the first time in a tourney, and I would agree with Spunky that the assassin was a real pain for most teams to deal with. Would certainly reccommend it for any aspiring DE coaches out there.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject: RE: Dark Elf Assasin rules!!  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Lightly armored teams maybe - I loved seeing an assassin against my Orcs, Dwarves, or Chaos. Just another casualty to mark up. Very Happy

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Dark Elf Assasin rules!!  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2007 - 03:47 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Spazzfist wrote:
I had seen dark elves played recently for the first time in a tourney, and I would agree with Spunky that the assassin was a real pain for most teams to deal with. Would certainly reccommend it for any aspiring DE coaches out there.
You'd think so. Then the !@#$U#@$ player Badly Hurt 3 of my Ogres in one game while the best I could do against him was a Stunned result for running up to them. He didn't need to hunt the Snots ... the Ogres were doing the Halfling thing for him.

Galak

CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Dark Elf Assasin rules!!  PostPosted: Jul 01, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Canada
      DarkDancer17 wrote:
Lightly armored teams maybe - I loved seeing an assassin against my Orcs, Dwarves, or Chaos. Just another casualty to mark up. Very Happy

You are right, he is not as efficient against those teams, but he is still helpful. Against those teams, the shadowing skill is more useful than stab. I try to set the Assassin up in a weaker spot of my defence, where he cannot be blitzed, then stall the cage advance. Once time is running out, keep him in that position such that when the opposing ball carrier has to run for the EZ, he has to go through the strong defence, or go try to dodge around the Assassin. Works pretty good.

But against those teams, the Assassin has to try to stay out of opponent TZs for the most part.

On offence, he is a week lineman. But the Assassin often causes the opponent to change their game plan to some extent, which is always good.

Marc-Andre

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Dark Elf Assasin rules!!  PostPosted: Jul 05, 2007 - 01:59 PM

United States of America
The problem is, if the stab is unsuccessful, he's going to get pounded. AV7 does not hold up well after multiple turns of getting blocked by someone much better at blocking than he is.

That said, I love using an assassin!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic