NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:16 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
My Rat Ogre is not a WIld Animal rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Niagaroth Brewery Bloodbowl Open  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 04:33 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
NIAGAROTH BREWERY BLOODBOWL OPEN

N.B.B.O. CUP
N.B.B.O. BOWL

September 15-16 2007
Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

Owner and self proclaimed Brew Master, Dark Elf Bloodprince Kciredor has in the past attempted to create fine Brews, Ales, & Stouts that would rival such brands as Bloodwiser & such Breweries as Bugmans Brewery. With little to no such luck in that attempt Bloodprince Kciredor looked to get his Brews to be sponsors for any of the Top Bloodbowl teams. The only problem was his Brews were not known outside the small city of Niagaroth Falls & no team like the Darkside Cowboys or the Reikland Reavers would dare have an unheard of sponsor on their uniform.

So it was back to the drawing board for Kciredor, and with no prospects to make his mark in the Brewers Guild as a true Brew Master, he turned his efforts to seeking out other flavors of the land, which lead him to War Boss Thog of the Orc Warband Razorback.

War Boss Thog and his Orcs after years of treaty with Bloodprince Kciredor and his Dark Elves against the invaders of the Oldworld . Heard of Kciredor???s dream to be the Brew Master & saw this as an Opportunity to be ???Da Ultamit Orc Brew Mazta??? ! So with the riches from the Dark Elves combined with the already qualified brewers from the Orcs came forth a joint endeavor between Niagaroth Brewery & Big Orc Brewery to produce Fine Ales & Brews to quench the thirsts of the lands (& fill the pockets of Kciredor with riches)

War Boss Thog had a recipe that he told Kciredor brought out the Whaaaaaagh!! In you, only the name was not all that appealing to Kciredor. ???War Boss Thog???s Scream Ale??? , Bloodprince Kciredor suggested that in keeping with War Boss Thog???s namesake & involving the theme of his Orc Warband???s love for riding wild boars into a frenzied battle, that the name be modified to ???Warthog Scream Ale??? the Ale that brings out the Whaaaagh in you. War Boss Thog agreed after some deliberation with the Bloodprince (to this day though Thog still thinks it is pronounced War-thog not Wart-hog). So with the 1st Top Brew produced under Big Orc Brewery & financially backed by Niagaroth Brewery it was time to market the product for Bloodbowl Sponsorship again, but alas the end result was the same.

Until one night while outside the Brewery in the Brewery courtyard, the Razorback Tribe???s Grenskins were fighting over who was going to keep the Goblin head that was being tossed around the courtyard by the barbaric Orcs. This gave Bloodprince Kciredor an idea, why not have War Boss Thog Organize his Boyz into that of a Bloodbowl team & call them the Warthogs (with Warthog Scream Ale as the team???s official sponsor) Once the idea was passed on to War Boss Thog it was only a matter of seconds before his Finest Orcs, Black Orcs & even a large dim witted Troll was assembled.
So thus was the start to the Warthogs legacy to bring fame & fortune to Kciredor & Thog. Only the best the Warthogs could muster out of four tournaments was three losing records & one tourney record of 3 Wins & 3 Loses (not exactly the kind of Success that was hoped for) With that lack of success the brew Warthog Scream Ale became almost unheard of again.

On almost certain bankruptcy to both Breweries War Boss Thog & Bloodprince Kciredor decided to give it one last chance at success in the Brewers Guild & the Bloodbowl Community. Since it seemed the only teams interested in wearing the brands of the two local Breweries as their sponsors were almost complete rookie squads of BloodBowl teams, it was decided that a Bloodbowl Tournament was to be held on the grounds of the joint Brewery in Niagaroth Falls, with the winner receiving a sponsorship deal from one of the local brands. So it was advertised that the 1st ever Niagaroth Brewery Bloodbowl Open would be held right on the grounds of the Brewery Courtyard (where the idea was formed from the tossing of the poor Goblin???s head). Only rookie Bloodbowl teams need apply. This would be a rookie Brewery looking for the best rookie team to wear their name.

All seemed to be looking bright for the unlikely Brew Masters (Kciredor & Thog) Until the day before the tournament start date the Brewers Guild decided that this would be an opportune time to host a Brewers Convention right on the very grounds of the Niagaroth Brewery Bloodbowl Open Tournament. With Beer tents all around & Beer Wenches handing out fine Ales to all Beer swilling masses from all the beer brands from Nagaroth to Lustria to the Chaos Wastes to the Empire & beyond.

To any other all the publicity would be great for the Bloodbowl Tournament & the Brewery alike, but with the combination of free Beer & Ales Bloodbowl players it was quite possible that the actual tournament became lost in the shuffle & all hopes of fame & fortune for War Boss Thog & Bloodprince Kciredor would be lost.

The Tournament Rules???

All Coaches must bring two rosters to the tournament (must be two different races)
Your starting roster will be a 1,050,000 (50,000 in sponsorship from the Brewers Guild)
Your 2nd roster will be a 1,000,000

All rules will consist of the LRB 5.0 rules.

Game Schedule

When each coach registers his/her two teams they will draw a token to see if their Staring roster plays in the odd number games (1,3,5) or the even number games (2,4,6)

(The reason that coaches have to bring two different teams is that with all the beer distraction no team can stay on the pitch or out of the beer tents for too long.) The starting roster has the extra 50,000 to build the team as a sponsorship deal from a local brewer or the Brewers Guild, while the 2nd teams start with no extra cash (due to the fact that they were not registered for the tournament & only picked up by the coach as a last minute substitute, when their 1st team was off missing in one of the various beer tents getting pissed!)

Skill Progression

Upon registration each coach will randomize one player from each team (one team at a time) & make an upgrade roll for him. Then do same for 2nd team. (Skill or Stat advancements must be made during registration so have a general idea of all the possible outcomes both your rosters can get) An example of the roll could be Player X???s 1st team (Human) player #5 Lineman gets 2+2=4 So he can take any double for a Human Lineman or a normal Human Lineman upgrade. Player X???s 2nd team (Orcs) player #3 Troll gets 5+6=11 So he can give his Troll +1 Agility or a normal Skill Roll for a Troll.
After round 1 is over upon handing in results each coach will make 3 skill rolls for his/her team that played in round 1 only (one at a time) to 3 random players (it is possible that a player could get more than one skill roll or stat upgrade)
The same goes for the teams that played in round 2.
The same goes for the teams that played in round 3.
The same goes for the teams that played in round 4.

So each team will get a total of 7 upgrade rolls after round 3 (for the Odd Teams) & after round 4 (for the Even Teams), where this can be spread out between 7 different players or all used up by one Uber All Star player or somewhere in-between, depending on the players on the roster being randomized.)
(The reason the upgrades are totally random is that either due to the fact that every player on any given team whether it is a lowly Rotter to an impressive Wardancer, wants to someday play in the Big Leagues & they will stop at nothing to get there, or it is due to the fact that some players are so smashed that they are unable to progress in their drunken state.)

Difference in Team Values

If a team with a team value of 105 (1st team) meets a team with a team value of 100 (2nd team) the lower valued team can take either a Bloodwieser Babe or a 50,000 inducement card (but not both) for this match only. If the card is chosen it is a random card from all 4 suits, the player can not chose what suit to pick from due to the fact that the head Coach is not at the game (for he is trying to round up his 1st team for the next game)

Changes to the Kick Off Table

4 = Oh I think I???m going to be sick. Both coaches roll a D3 (do not add any modifiers such as FAME, Coaches, or Cheerleaders) the lower roll is affected, both if a tie. The affected player (randomly chosen) has had just a wee bit too much to drink (if that is even possible for a BloodBowl Player) & he is in a constant state of vomiting. He is treated as having the No Hands Skill, Bone Head, & Foul Appearance for this Drive only.

10 = BLITZED! The Offence sort of start their drive off before the defense is ready. All normal rules to Blitz in the LRB 5.0 apply, except any player wishing to move, blitz or foul must pass a Bone Head Roll to do so. (If they fail the roll they are treated as being Bone Head until they successfully pass a Bone Head Roll on a future turn. (Once a player passes a Bone Head Roll this rule no longer applies. Any player still affected by this rule at the end of the current drive or half snaps out of it.) Players who already suffer from Bone Head, Really Stupid, or Wild Animal are not affected by this rule)

Tournament & the NAF

Rounds 1, 3, 5 will be the N.B.B.O. Cup for NAF Ranking Purposes
Rounds 2, 4, 6 will be the N.B.B.O. Bowl for NAF Ranking Purposes
The overall tournament winner will be the best combined record of all 6 games. (So it is possible let???s say Coach X wins the N.B.B.O. Cup, but does poorly in the N.B.B.O. Bowl, & Coach Y wins the N.B.B.O. Bowl, but does poorly in the N.B.B.O. Cup. But if lets say Coach Z does very well in both tourneys & has the best combined record then Coach Z would be the Tournament Champion (despite not winning either one of the smaller Tourneys).

More to be added later. (Any opinions would greatly be appriciated)

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
AristodeimosOffline
Post subject: RE: Niagaroth Brewery Bloodbowl Open  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 07:43 PM

This is definitely thinking "out of the box". Love the fluff. Count me in, Rod. Any excuse to get up to Niagara...err, Niagaroth Falls and beat up on friends. Any chance some of the Bloodweiser Babes will make a personal appearance?

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Niagaroth Brewery Bloodbowl Open  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 07:52 PM

Vancouver, BC
I am liking it. Especially "oH i AM going to be Sick". Good stuff . . .

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Niagaroth Brewery Bloodbowl Open  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 07:55 PM

Vancouver, BC
Just came to mind: Will the diffent type of Skills/Ability progressing be accounted for in the difference in TV? I assume so far it does not as it seems pretty cut and dry from your discription. But, just want to check.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Niagaroth Brewery Bloodbowl Open  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 08:08 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
Just came to mind: Will the diffent type of Skills/Ability progressing be accounted for in the difference in TV? I assume so far it does not as it seems pretty cut and dry from your discription. But, just want to check.

No TV will stay the same throughout the tourney no matter what upgrades you get (so either 105 or 100)

Rod

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2007 - 08:30 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Any chance on getting this topic 'sticky'd' ???

Thanks, Rod

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2007 - 09:16 PM

Canada
Sounds good Rod, always love a tourney with a little more than the regular vanilla - the fluff really helps too! Now all you need is some custom boards!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

TalonsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Rod

It sounds good....the fluff and all. As your odd man out.....I hope there is an odd number of people, so I can play in this tourney. If not, I will have a good time anyways. Talk to you later

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2007 - 03:19 PM

Canada
      Talons wrote:
Rod

It sounds good....the fluff and all. As your odd man out.....I hope there is an odd number of people, so I can play in this tourney. If not, I will have a good time anyways. Talk to you later

Rod

Why don't you just be your own odd man out? It's not that hard to organize and play at the same time, unless your as unorganized as Spazzfist is.

I can always help out with the tourney if you end up playing and need some help with running things.

Ben

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2007 - 03:25 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Ben wrote:
      Talons wrote:
Rod

Rod

Why don't you just be your own odd man out? It's not that hard to organize and play at the same time, unless your as unorganized as Spazzfist is.

I can always help out with the tourney if you end up playing and need some help with running things.

Ben

I could be my own odd man out, but I want to make sure my 1st tourney goes off without a hitch (don't wanna screw myfelf & get people not returning next year)

Rod

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2007 - 11:41 AM

Canada
Liking it Rod.

I think this sounds like it should be a bit of a different tournie altogether. Especially as it forces people to play 2 different races, I hate it when someone only ever plays one race, so boring Wink

I think its apparent from what you say above, but just to check, you can't buy any skills at the start right?
This is straight away a huge difference maker!

Love the fluff, you have to think that all this drinking will separate the dwarfs from the elves Wink

JTB

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2007 - 03:04 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
No skills bought....

When you register (both teams) they get one random player who gets one random roll.

After every round each team (that played in that round only) gets 3 more random player(s) random rolls.

So going into the 2 final rounds (round 5 for odd teams, round 6 for even teams) each team will have a total of 7 randomly rolled players with 7 randomly rolled upgrades. (it is possibly that a player may have multipal upgrades)

When rolling your 3 upgrades you randomise player first, then you randomise his upgrade roll , you do not make next roll untill that upgrade has been decided.

All upgrade rolls & choices will be infront of the tourney organiser.

Rod

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2007 - 08:01 PM

Canada
I really like it Rod. I like the rules, and the fluff. Nice way of making your tourney that much different from the others.

And we'll get to see Joe play with something other than Orcs Smile. I can hear the paint brushes working Wink. Unless he borrows one of Glenn's teams.

Just got back from a one week camping trip in Niagara last week. Man, what a nice region.

I'll do my best to make it to the tourney. I'll keep you updated on that as we get closer to the tourney date.

Marc-Andre

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Canada
Haha, yeah been thinking about the painting Smile

Good to know, so which teams come with all the skills i want then........

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2007 - 08:44 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Haha, yeah been thinking about the painting Smile

Good to know, so which teams come with all the skills i want then........

But you get lots of skills for the second and third game, although on random players. So with Orcs, you run the risk of having your line orcs getting all the skills, and the BoBs getting nothing. Even though Orcs start with lots of skills. While elves start with almost no skills in such a tournament, getting all your random skill on line elves ain't that bad.

Have to think about this some more.

Marc-Andre

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic