NAF Logo
leftstar May 05, 2024 - 06:05 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle hates you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BarnaclesOffline
Post subject: Using alternative figures  PostPosted: Aug 05, 2007 - 02:55 PM

England
Does anyone know whether it is generally accepted to use alternative (i.e. non-representative) figures for a particular team roster in tournaments, or whether it is frowned upon? For example, Impact Minaiatures do some alternative lines of figures: Desert Dogs, Ancient Egyptians, Deadlings, etc which could be used under Blood Bowl rules. I was thinking of using Desert Dogs figures, but under the 'Amazon' roster - but only if its not going to cause an issue.

Reply with quote Back to top
nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject: RE: Using alternative figures  PostPosted: Aug 05, 2007 - 03:09 PM
Mekboy

It really depends upon the tournament. I know that the Majors (Chaos Cup, Spike, Blood Bowl, etc.) do not allow any figures other than GW based (more than 50% of the figure is from GW) and possibly scratch built figures to compete. That said, there are a great many tournaments which do allow any figures of any origin to be used.

So I guess, just check the tournament rules before you pack the Impact! figs.

My Tournament Record

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: RE: Using alternative figures  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2007 - 06:13 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

The only tournament I have ever seen care about who made the miniatures were the official GW Majors. Outside of that I have not seen tournament (unless run by a GW store) that enforced the team to be GW figures. But as said before ... check with the tournament is your best bet.

PilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 07:04 AM

Groningen, Netherlands
Well, what they said basically, in the Netherlands some of the tournaments even give away Impact figures as prizes. If GW models are not actively enforced I think you should be fine, but of course it's better to check to be sure Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic