NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 19, 2024 - 05:37 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The few. The proud. The three on the line. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MorpheousOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Thanks Hudson, I appreciate that. Now if you will only admit that I was truly the better bloodbowl player, and that the Blitz, pitch invasion, the 4 double skull rolls in a row, and the crappy 1's were REALLY the only deciding factor in you prevailing in our game, life can continue as normal Smile Just kidding you won fair/square. Nuffle still sucks. And I do like writing the the skill down. Smile Viva La Flame On... Oh wait.. you were team Cornwall or Cromwell, or something.. anyways Cheers Laughing

-Schawn

Reply with quote Back to top
HudsonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2007 - 03:15 AM

Undisclosed

Well the pitch invasion was paid for, bribed the fans on the wy in. The blitz was because i'd offered my team lots of beer. Though your habbit of rolling double skulls and nothing but 1's and 2's did help. What was it, the 4th set of dice you used that finally worked?

Yep it was team Cornwall. Home of the british surfer, i wantted us to be team DUDE

CoffinDodgerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2007 - 10:38 AM

Scotland
      antipixi wrote:

I would like to point out that at least some of those listed as 'unknown' for the first round had declared their teams but for some reason or other the information had not reached OMM.

I'm one of those coaches whose choice was determined well before yet listed as an unknown. Having said that, two of my opponents were playing different races from what was listed... Skaven and Orcs somehow both turned into Wood Elves... Not that I minded - the games were still great!

On the whole, I think listing Coach and Team Name would have sufficed. Coaches could then look at the NAF rankings and make a guestimate on what races they might face e.g. it was fairly easy to see that my first opponent, Farina, is damn good with Skaven - maybe he'll be playing them... actually gave me a good game with WE which I was lucky enough to win. There'd be the odd hiccup - e.g. I'd not show up as anything other than a non-playing coach as this was my first tourney with a NAF sanction where I've been a NAF member (did the BloodBowl in 2004, but wasn't in NAF yet)

On the whole though - Damned Good Effort by all the organisers, the foreign teams coming over, everyone really! Next time, Team Scotland will rampage with 6 players and there'll be no stopping us! Twisted Evil lol
BFN

Paul

HangusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2007 - 11:01 AM

Undisclosed

Yes there will as Hoomin would be your 6th player Very Happy

I was one of the players with an 'unknown' team and ther reason for that......plain laziness. I forgot after a while but Lycos came around and was marking down teams as people played.

Skills could be sorted by having to register them with the scoresheet you hand in after the game. If people are choosing after seeing their opponant I am not worried by that as I could mess up plans for the tourney as he could pick tackle to take on WE and end up playing 5 Dwarf teams. Its also bad karma Wink

RyanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2007 - 11:18 AM

Canvey Island, Essex

Quote:
Hudson Wrote

Yep it was team Cornwall. Home of the british surfer, i wantted us to be team DUDE

If you had been called Team Dude then everyone would have woundered (Or at least I would have) Were Team Sweet was

RoddersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 27, 2007 - 02:31 AM

Undisclosed

I was also an unknown as i was undecided what to take until the thursday morining however after the 1st round there should be no unknowns.

people choosing after seeing their opponent just suck, The idea of handing your skill in with the score sheet is a good one

southern UK RTC

I voted

Marco_GianniOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: WC 2007 feedback  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2007 - 05:27 AM

Darkson wrote:
      Marco_Gianni wrote:
Another remark, the guys with an "unknown" race were very advantaged, at the first round and during all the competition. I've seen many people choosing their skill after knowing the race of their opponent... not fair.

If you saw this you should have pointed it out (and apologies if you did). I know for a fact it was announced that all skills should be chosen at the end of the previous game when everyone was together before round 1, and it was mentioned a couple of times down at the White Hart.

A quiet word to a ref who could have then had a quiet word with the coach would have gone a long way.

I did point it out... but I didn't care so much of that (focus on my matches). Anyway, the idea is not to blame anyone (certainly not the organization team !). I'm totally agree with those who say that the skill should be written down on the result sheet.

Sorry if my remark sounds to critical. That was only an amelioration opportunity Wink

Once again, congratz for your awesome job ! that was simply "pure happyness"

Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic