NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 10:32 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Vote Varag for Warboss. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chad_UpdikeOffline
Post subject: Nurgle Skill Progression and Tactics  PostPosted: Nov 04, 2007 - 04:11 PM

Hello all!

I am new to the forums but have been a BB player for 5+ years now. Me and another guy are being co-commishes of the league. He is more the figured head and has final say on things but over-all its both or our's league. Not that any of that really matters.

My question is what skill progressions do I take for Nurgle. It is the first time I will be playing them. I didn't feel under the LBR4 rules they had any sort of shot at being good but now it seems that they have a chance. Below is skill progression I have done for the different positions. If you all would give me some feed back that would be great. The below list is based on the idea of not rolling doubles, 10's,11's, or 12's. If any of you have suggestions on the doubles, 10's,11's, or 12's rolls let me know. Oh and any tactics you want to post as well would be greatly appreciated.

Rotter-----------------------------------Block, Disturbing Presence/Claw

Pestigor---------------------------------Block, Foul Apperance/Big Hand, Tentacles

Nurgle Warrior-------------------------Block, Stand Firm, Grab

Beast of Nurgle-----------------------Juggernaut, Claw, Stand Firm

Thanks!

Reply with quote Back to top
CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Nurgle Skill Progression and Tactics  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Canada
Haven't played them, but I have a few comments.

1) Pestigor: Don't give them Tentacles. Tentacles works well on a ST5+ player, but not on a ST3 player. It would be useless on a Pestigor. You may want a Pestigor with Sure Hands to avoid losing the ball to strip ballers, but you can wait and see if any of your opponents take the Strip Ball skill.

2) Beast Of Nurgle. No Juggernaut. You don't want to blitz with this guy. You want to move him to a place where he makes the best use of his tentacles. You want to avoid those Really Stupid rolls. Stand Firm is a good choice though, as your opponent can push you away.. Guard would also be a good choice. I would take Claw later, if he ever develops enough to get 3-4 skills.

Nurgle coaches should pop in and give you more detailed advice.

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Nurgle Skill Progression and Tactics  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2007 - 06:58 AM

Canada
I cannot get onto TBB from work, but have already put a lengthy reply in there - if anyone wants to copy and paste it.....

Cramy wrote:
Tentacles works well on a ST5+ player, but not on a ST3 player. It would be useless on a Pestigor.

Agree that tentacles on the pestigor is a bad idea, but not so sure that tentacles is only for S5+. I think tentacles on a warrior is a decent choice, especially if you are in a league of a lot of elves and skaven. Having a set of tentacles that will not go stupid at the most crucial times is a real bonus. Couple the tentacles with tackle and then.... well, you remember that don't you Cramy? Wink

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Nurgle Skill Progression and Tactics  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Canada
Yes, I do remember Smile. It works well against ST2 players. Not too great on ST3 players though. But I think that there are better skills for the Nurgle Warriors, even though you are right, Tentacles is not completely wasted on a ST4 player. I'd take Prehensile Tail before Tentacles for example.

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Nurgle Skill Progression and Tactics  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2007 - 03:14 PM

Canada
      Big Mouth Know-It-All from Talk BloodBowl wrote:

I see that you want to take Big Hand, but you need to keep in mind that extra arms is a WAY better skill than it was under LRB4 as it now allows you the +1 to catch, intercept AND pick up the ball! Definitely one of the first skills that you want to be picking up for the team (for a ball carrier).

I would not be so quick to give tentacles to a pestigor, as they are only S4, but have used it to great effect on a Nurgle Warrior with Tackle. My first choice, however, might be Warriors with Block and Claw - but this depends on the other teams in the league - in a team of elves and skaven you would defintely take the former.

For the Beast of Nurgle, I would reccomend Break Tackle as a skill worthy of consideration, as the Beast is often a player that you want to be putting the squeeze on any catcher-types that make it through your front line. On the defense, I always leave my Beast deep with a babysitter, and then wait for the push to come through and then the beast moves to put his tentacles on whomever he can. For this reason the Break Tackle would be good, as if the player puts a TZ on the Beast to try to prevent him from moving, dodging with an AG5 would be no problem!

On offense, leave the warriors back, not on the line, and use them to make a cage their S4, and foul appearance make a good cage, and once you start to skill, up then they can be a real problem to get through!

For the rotters on the line, you may want to consider Wrestle then, as this can bring your opponent down with you when he attacks. Against slower opponents, (dwarves khemri) this can give you the edge you need.

The other rotters can be flexible depending on how you want to use them - one with kick, a few with wrestle, blockers, claw boys, maybe one or two with the extra arms. This is where your individual style will be shown.

Hope this helps.

Figured this might be good as a refernce for here as well.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic