NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 07:53 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wot no players? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkson
Post subject: From Fanatic Online #95  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2007 - 02:05 PM

Undisclosed
      Andy Hall wrote:
As you???ll have read on this website, or even experienced for yourself if you travelled over, the NAF Blood Bowl World Cup was held here at Warhammer World and was a great success with the French taking possession of the World Cup. Such a large event did not go unnoticed here at GWHQ and Blood Bowl boards are already been broken out and teams dusted off, ready for a fresh season. It was a great event and well done to all those who took part and organized it.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 10, 2007 - 01:44 PM

Undisclosed
Also:
      Quote:
Jervis talks about the Blood Bowl World Cup

Jervis wrote:
I was recently lucky enough to be invited along to the first Blood Bowl World Cup. Those of you that were also there will know just how awesome an event it was. As for those of you that didn't make it, well, I think Shakespeare put it pretty well in Henry V: "And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here"

Seriously, though, Jim Lanier and Dave Downes and the rest of the NAF team deserve unstinting praise for organising such a wonderful event. From the start they thought big, and were determined that the World Cup would be a truly global celebration of the Blood Bowl hobby. They succeeded beyond all expectations, gathering coaches from all corners of the world to take part in three glorious days of furious Blood Bowl action.

However, I'm sure that all of the members of the NAF organising team would agree that the World Cup would have been nothing without the wonderful attitude and spirit of all of the coaches that took part. From their arrival on Thursday evening for pre-registration, through to the awards ceremony on Sunday evening, the coaches took part in the World Cup with infectious enthusiasm and passion. This was especially true of Team Les Azes, from Toulouse, France, the well deserved winners of the team trophy, who played throughout the three days with exemplary skill and sportsmanship against extremely tough opposition. Well done to them, and all of the other trophy winners.

The tournament was so big that it really impressed many staff how work here at HQ and had never seen so many gamers in one place!

With the bar set so high by the first World Cup it is difficult to imagine that the next one can be any better ??? but if I know the NAF they will already be thinking about how to achieve this seemingly impossible feat. I, for one, can't wait to see if they succeed!

Jervis Johnson
November 2007

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic