NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 03:57 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Useless Minotaur! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
In Death-Bowl VI should (mutations) be modle represented? (please only vote if you plan on attending next years Death-Bowl VI
Yes for all teams of any race.
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but just for Chaos teams only.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Yes it would be nice, but not manditory. (just prefered)
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
No, mutations do not have to be represented visibly on the modles.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Death-Bowl VI "The Year of CHAOS!" 2008  PostPosted: Nov 18, 2007 - 10:22 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I know it is a whole year away, but I want to get the ball rolling on my Chaos team..... Are thier any final rules for the modified Chaos team ruleset?

I for one am not going to post my vote untill I see the Chaos team rule set for next years Death-Bowl.

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Death-Bowl VI "The Year of CHAOS!" 2008  PostPosted: Nov 19, 2007 - 06:27 AM

Canada
I voted for the mandatory on all races. If it were regular Blood Bowl, then I may have voted more on the side of leniancy, but given that this is a crazy four-way game of Deathbowl with a timer, you have a hard enough time figuring out what you have to do, without trying to remember which of the four identical chaos warriors is the one with claw and which one has the tentacles.

If you are not going to model it on the miniature, then you should at least have it indicated in some way (e.g. painted on the base: "claw")

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Death-Bowl VI "The Year of CHAOS!" 2008  PostPosted: Nov 19, 2007 - 06:44 AM

Canada
Well said Spazzfist.....especially since there is no other up-grades during the tourney. So it is very easy to model all mutations on the team, once you have finalized your team selection.

skummyOffline
Post subject: RE: Death-Bowl VI "The Year of CHAOS!" 2008  PostPosted: Nov 19, 2007 - 01:56 PM

Not every coach paints and sculpts their own models, though. This might discourage a coach from making the trip - lord knows it's hard enough to try and rally people to go in my league.

And hiya, Rod - hope things are going well for you up north!

-Oscar Wilde

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Death-Bowl VI "The Year of CHAOS!" 2008  PostPosted: Nov 20, 2007 - 10:21 AM

Canada
I voted "Yes it would be nice, but not manditory. (just prefered)". I had to give it quite a bit of thought. My initial thought was "yes for Chaos only", as it is the year of Chaos. But then I thought of the impact that it could have. I barely have the time to paint, let alone model. And I'd much rather play the game than model and paint myself. If I was considering bringing Chaos, I probably would not end-up bringing them because of my lack of skill/time/interest in modeling.

At the same time, I could be in favor of having to identify a player's mutations on its base as Spazz suggested, and that for all races that have mutations. Hhmmm. On the other hand, is it more difficult to remember an Extra Arms, Big Hand beastman compared to a Sure Hands, Dodge beastman? Why would mutations have to be identified, but not skills, if the reason is only to be able to remember what abilities a player has?

Cramy

angryrobOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Dude its Chaos. You don't pick the team if you don't want to do the modelling.Thats half the fun of Chaos.
Blood Bowl it's more than just a game it's a hobby!

Pepe_le_ponyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2007 - 05:56 PM

Canada
I agree with Cramy as I intend to bring my Chaos team next year but if mutation modeling is mandatory I will most certainly change my mind and bring a "normal" team.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2007 - 06:48 AM

Canada
      Quote:

I agree with Cramy as I intend to bring my Chaos team next year but if mutation modeling is mandatory I will most certainly change my mind and bring a "normal" team.

LOL....in Blood Bowl there are no "normal" teams.

angryrobOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2007 - 04:24 PM

Run this one by Jones, if chaos Mutation modelling is not mandatory i'm not coming.
You lazy gits have 11 months how hard can it be to glue a claw on a Chaos Warrior
I would like to think that part of the reasoning for making Year of Chaos was to bring some interesting models to the game for a team that gets very little tourney action.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2007 - 09:57 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      angryrob wrote:
Run this one by Jones, if chaos Mutation modelling is not mandatory i'm not coming.
You lazy gits have 11 months how hard can it be to glue a claw on a Chaos Warrior
I would like to think that part of the reasoning for making Year of Chaos was to bring some interesting models to the game for a team that gets very little tourney action.

Well said!!!

Case & Point to me posting this almost a year in advance.

I know I will be bringing Chaos next year & all the mutations will be shown in full details.

I would like to know the final rulings on the rules for team creation. I have my team so far on paper, but want confermation on final rules before I commit to modling/converting.....

FEAR SAINT LUCIFER'S RAMS!!!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2007 - 08:53 AM

Canada
Its an interesting question. My "preference" is for the mutations to have to be modelled which is how I voted but its not just down to preference. We need to be fair, or at least appear so Wink

I understand Skummy, Cramy, and Pepes point about discouraging coaches from bringing chaos if they have to model as well as paint.
And you don't have to represent block on a player (I would love a system where we indicate player skill improvements on the base for all players but thats another topic).

It feels a bit harsh to prevent people from playing using chaos if they only have a vanilla painted team.

This is especially true here in Ottawa where about 6/7 players used teams painted/modeled by Glenn and Alex Garrett at Deathbowl.

I think maybe we should reward players who model in some way rather than penalise those that don't.....

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2007 - 11:21 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Its an interesting question. My "preference" is for the mutations to have to be modelled which is how I voted but its not just down to preference. We need to be fair, or at least appear so Wink

I understand Skummy, Cramy, and Pepes point about discouraging coaches from bringing chaos if they have to model as well as paint.
And you don't have to represent block on a player (I would love a system where we indicate player skill improvements on the base for all players but thats another topic).

It feels a bit harsh to prevent people from playing using chaos if they only have a vanilla painted team.

This is especially true here in Ottawa where about 6/7 players used teams painted/modeled by Glenn and Alex Garrett at Deathbowl.

I think maybe we should reward players who model in some way rather than penalise those that don't.....

the only problem that arises, is in a a game with 3 opponents & a 3 minute & 30 second timer, alot of time could be wasted on..... "oh I thought he had tenticals.... that one had claw I thought it was 3 & 6 that had claw not 5 & 6..... ect ect.... (what if all 3 of yer opponents are chaos & all 3 have mutations with no visible conversions???)

Rod

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2007 - 11:52 AM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

think maybe we should reward players who model in some way rather than penalise those that don't.....

the only problem that arises, is in a a game with 3 opponents & a 3 minute & 30 second timer, alot of time could be wasted on..... "oh I thought he had tenticals.... that one had claw I thought it was 3 & 6 that had claw not 5 & 6..... ect ect.... (what if all 3 of yer opponents are chaos & all 3 have mutations with no visible conversions???)

Rod

Yeah. Maybe we could impose a limited conversions requirement.

I had a chat with Glenn a little while ago and we think modeling foul appearance is a bit of a big ask. But maybe people should have to model things like Claw, Tentacles, Prehensile Tail and very long legs.......

Impact do a pair of nice conversion sprues for chaos mutations

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=sprues

these include 2heads, claw/big hand, and very long legs

and a tentacled warrior
http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=sudden_profile&id=SI_TWAR

We actually have some of these as prizes for the CCKO 08

And impact just decreased their Canadian dollar prices too Smile
jtb

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Canada
Disturbing Presence is another one that could be interesting to model. The guy with Foul Appearence is the one vomitting, while the one with Disturbing Presence is the one with rotten teeth. Or is is the opposite? Smile

Personally, I would be all for getting people to model the mutations, but I'm worried that by doing this some coaches will not bring Chaos to the Tourney.

Having said that, I'm not going to bring Chaos anyways, so it's a moot point for me. I just built a Khemri team and will start painting it soon. Want to finish that before starting something else.

Cramy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2007 - 08:06 AM

Canada
Yeah, no modeling of disturbing presence. I think its thinks like a cloud of flies and a zone of cold or cloud of soporific musk, or other such fun stuff.

Maybe we will come up with a list of conversions that need to be represented this weekend. I think it will probably be not that many.

I had a look at the impact conversion bits last night and they are metal and good for very long legs, 2head and claw. I really like the beastman 2 heads, very nice.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic