NAF Logo
leftstar May 21, 2024 - 03:50 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Human team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TravellerOffline
Post subject: question about GD lizzies...  PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 - 05:19 AM

Germany
just wanna ask here, as TBB is down again Sad , if somebody knew a bit of background of the rare Games Day Lizard team ? Which release year ? Who is the sculptor ? Some background ? I got some informations, but i´m not sure about them. I just cleaned and primed the minis and want to put them on my archive at my site. Anyone out there ,who knews something ? I wrot solegends, but until now i didnt get some answer.

Traveller

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 - 05:55 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Scupltor .... well to find that out you need to trace down the WFB Scupltor for the Lizardman army.

The GD Lizardman team was released in the year 2000 at Games Day US and was created by simply modeling arms that didn't have weapons for the most part and then using the WFB body with minor modifications (which is pretty much what they did to create the Amazon team as well).

Reports vary on the number of teams created as original GW claimed they made only 45 ... but since that time communication with other GW members has revealed that the number was more like 200 to 250.

When originally sold the team came with the Saurus, Skink, WFB Lizardman Shaman, and Kroxigor figs but the Kroxigor was sold missing a tail so you had to call GW and order a WFB Kroxigor tail to complete him.

Later AFTER Games Days, other companies and GW bundled the team with some WFB Lizardman Musicians to make extra money off the then very popular team (however in a true collector sense these should not be considered part of the team; any more so then the WFB figs GW-US is currently selling as BB assistant coaches).

Finally, when JJ decided to create Fanatic. GW-US and GW-UK got into an intellectual property argument over the design of the team, and JJ called the whole thing off and had Mark Bedford scuplt the current official BB Lizardman team.

That's the brain dump of what I know about the team.

Galak

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2003 - 02:55 PM

United States
Since we're on the topic of lizzies..
When the re-sculpt of the Lizardman team was released, wasn't there 2 new versions of the Kroxigor? Are they both still in production, or has it been limited to just one now? I can't seem to find but one in the online store (GWUS).

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2003 - 03:43 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
just two different heads that's all

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2003 - 03:13 AM

In my opinion, Fanatic's Lizzie team sucks big time. I'm gonna use the extremely hip new plastics for the Newt Orleans Kroakers Cool

The sculptor of the Lizzie BB team is Mark Bedford, by the way. The new plastics are from Colin Grayson (Saurus) and Mark Harrison (Skinks). And I believe Brian Nelson did the Saurus Oldblood and Juan Diaz did the Slann.

Martijn

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2003 - 06:58 PM

Hey why not do a Slann team based on the 2ed team??

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2003 - 07:06 AM

Football Frogs!
That'd be cool Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
TravellerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 07:41 AM

Germany
Hm, long time i look at this site. I always keep at TBB... as long it´s up !

So , thanks a lot, Galak, for the information about the GD Lizzies. As collector i like to have some background... Rolling Eyes

Traveller

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 10:45 AM
Da Warboss

England
I didn't realise GW-UK and GW-US would get in a ruck over IP - surely it either belongs to both of them or ultimately any parent company (i.e. the UK one?)

NAF #60

aerofoolOffline
Post subject: .....  PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 11:51 AM

United States
      Indigo wrote:
I didn't realise GW-UK and GW-US would get in a ruck over IP - surely it either belongs to both of them or ultimately any parent company (i.e. the UK one?)

I didn't even think it was possible, myself. I thought GW was GW regardless of where they're based.

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 12:27 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Indigo wrote:

They are two seperate companies that work together frequently. And yes they have IP issues with each other at times. The Lizardman team is a great example. There is no parent company.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic