NAF Logo
leftstar May 19, 2024 - 09:39 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Undead team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PubBowlerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2009 - 04:55 AM

Glasgow UK
It seems like every April this thread is resurrected.

It's the zombie jesus of BB!

Reply with quote Back to top
jimmylOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2009 - 10:08 PM

WOW!
just realised how good multiple block is with stab!

whats the next skill for the assassin AK Dave?
i guess block is obvious but i can see pro being really useful for the not so essential stabs
"i dont want to/cant burn a team reroll but on 4+ i can have another stab" why not?

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2009 - 06:53 PM

Canada
      jimmyl wrote:
WOW!
just realised how good multiple block is with stab!

whats the next skill for the assassin AK Dave?
i guess block is obvious but i can see pro being really useful for the not so essential stabs
"i dont want to/cant burn a team reroll but on 4+ i can have another stab" why not?

Sorry, but a stab is an armor roll, and you can't reroll armor rolls, ever. So Pro is not really a good option here.

I would go with Dodge and Side Step as the next skills for a Multiple Block assassin. Dodge is good to reposition yourself and provides some protection. Less useful if there's lots of Tackle in your league. Side Step really is amazing here though. He gets blocked, and repositions himself for an even better double stab. Dodge should help him stay standing for that next block.

I'd probably start with Side Step first.

I find that block has defensive use, but often not that much offensive use on an Assassin. Block is still good, but after Side Step and Dodge.

Cramy

jigplumsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 05, 2009 - 02:20 PM

i always like to start with 1 witch, so i can get block asap and they are really the stars of de. Next i will add blitzers as they are realiable and solid. I started with an assassin and runner in my current team, but we have the free fan factor 5 rule in place which is great for elves

smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 07, 2009 - 01:04 AM

My plan for Assassins (I won't be trying it out until next year) is: Sidestep, Jump Up (Multi-Block on doubles).

Sidestep/Jump Up would allow you to reposition for a next turn stab, even if knocked down, as well as discouraging follow-ups in certain situations.

The Assassins are always going to be targets, I think one shouldn't pretend otherwise. My strategy is to maximise their stabbing ability first (making them into even bigger targets), then develop their defensive capability (Block, Dodge). Skilling them up will be the challenge, I suspect. That's why I would like to start with a pair of them.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic