NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 11:15 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Griff fancies Zara! Heard it from Varag..... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tereschOffline
Post subject: Reduced to two players  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 05:25 AM

Hi.

What happens if my opponent is unable to get three players to the line of scrimmage after a touchdown? (i.e. his team is reduced to 2 on-pitch players)

Does he have to concede? Or is the game simply over?

If the first is the case, it would be a bit harsh on the player, who lost so badly to lose the MVP and his money as well.

If the second is the case, I see the possible chance for abuse, as you could grab a lead and then reduce your team by fouling until you reach 2 players (unlikely but it could be done).

take care
Manuel

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 05:31 AM

you play on like normal, same as if your opponent doesn't have any players, just makes it easier to score for you ;]

Jon

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 07:00 AM

LOL
Even I can win that way (oh wait, that's usually my game plan...) Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 09:25 AM

United States of America
Twisted Evil

I had the High Elf team in my league down to 3 in our match a few days back. Made my Chaos Dwarves actually look like an offensive team for a while.

~Rob

lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 15, 2003 - 06:04 PM

United States of America

If you're down to 2, and somehow you're winning or even, hope your fans can start up a good ol' fashioned riot. It worked for me once. Laughing

biggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 06:05 PM

Undisclosed
If a team cannot place three players on the line the team must forfeit. Besides even if they didn't they'd be guilty of an illegal procedure every kick off for an illegal set up.

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 12:53 AM

Undisclosed
And by illegal set-up all that means is it's an automatic touch back.

I have no problem allowing teams to start with less than 3 players on the pitch. If they've been scoring while you've been killing, that's your fault for forgetting the name of the game is TD's.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 07:21 AM

This was in the BBRC hotlist on galaks site

http://www.blood-bowl.net/BBRC_HotList.html

the offical answer is as follows:

Quote:

What happens if you can only field 1 or 2 players for a drive (ie less than the required 3 on the LOS) is it an automatic concession or does the game go on? What if a team has NO players in reserve to field? I've seen the scenario where Wood Elves are up by 2 TDs with 3 turns left in the 2nd half but the entire team is either KO'd or Injured ... what happens? We've played that the opposing team takes the field alone and continues playing, but is this correct? ... need some wording for guidance.

BBRC response: The game continues as long as the opposing coach does not conceed

Jon

BlanchPrezOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 08:46 AM

We use a house rule in my league that I took from Chet on the Blood Bowl fourms. If a team cannot field the required three players on the LOS, than that team may conceed the match without suffering any of the normal conceeding consiquences. Of course, he loses the match no matter what the score is, but he doesn't lose money or MVP.

Chris

spindexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 10:23 AM

In responce to the last post what if the players are just Ko and might come back after the next drive or half? Or is it all players are Badly hurt or worse?

BlanchPrezOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 10:35 AM

spindex wrote:
In responce to the last post what if the players are just Ko and might come back after the next drive or half? Or is it all players are Badly hurt or worse?

That's a good question. The rule came about when a player was reduced to 5 players due to injuries (no KO's), and wanted to know what happened if he conceeded due to lack of players. It sounded like a fair rule at the time (though we haven't actually used it as of yet). I would probably say it would have to be due to injuries, as opposed to KO's, because KO's still have a chance of coming back into the game.

Chris

spindexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 10:41 AM

I was wondering since I have played a game with my dark elves where I was up 4-1 at the start of the second half with 2 players on the field 6killed or hurt the 4 KOed and even without the playrs I needed I won the game 4-3 since the orc team was just not quick enough to score out on me. one drive I even had 1 players on the pitch!! I guess all Im saying is having all you player bashed up tough enough why make em lose more? Besides some teams might want to finish the match to get the 2+ TD for the fan factor roll not to mention those extra ssp.
just a thought.
spindex

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic