NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 11:58 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fan Factor of 1. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2008 - 04:13 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
FUMBBL is the biggest online BB centre- games are played in real time using a program called Java Blood Bowl and typically take just over an hour. However it is a very large community and like all large community there are some people there you may not get on with. There is an academy and help for newbies. FUMBBL is still LRB4 so uses an old version of the game (which is quite different in several important respects).

MBBL is a play by email game - so you play your turn then email it your opponent and so on until the game is done. That lack of interactivity means games generally take several days and there are a few compromises (e.g. you don't have much control over sidestep) with the rules too.

Now with goblins under LRB5... always start with both trolls. Then choose 2 or 3 of the rostered secret weapons. My personal preference at this point in time is the pogo and fanatic. That is because neither the 'saw or bombadier skill up easily so can be freebooted and be nearly as good. There are also decent stars available for both. 3 rerolls still leaves enough for an apothecary and 11 normal goblins giving 15 players in total.

The apoth should generally be saved until late in the game (T12 or later). Otherwise a troll will be killed and fail your regen roll.

Goblins best chance of winning, like many teams, is by establishing a significant numerical superiority. Secret weapons and fouling are the best ways to do this, and sometimes the trolls will chip in. Also cheekily exploiting any mishap on the part of your opponent - e.g. failed pick ups - often helps.

Reply with quote Back to top
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2008 - 11:15 AM

Portugal
Hi!
As said before, 2 trolls are a must in a gobbo team IMO.
Not only they can punch your opponents out of your way, but they allow you to use the TTM skill, a "card up your sleeve" you should never underestimate (specialy if you play against gobbos).
On the secret weapon issue, (as in all other things concerning gobbos as far as WFB goes) its a lot about luck, so for the sake of fun, I would advise you to convert them all.
They all have their uses, they all work and are fun to use, and they also fail, turn on you, and make you want to play another team. Dont! Gobbos are fun, as long as you dont take them too seriously.

On the other hand, an Orc team is a completly different team, (it is one of the teams I would elect as perfect for starters, along with humans), a lot more reliable, with a natural tendency for bashing the opposition, but still with plenty pontencial for scoring and winning games.

My advice, try a couple of games with proxys and decide later!

studderingdaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2008 - 04:05 PM

eastern PA

ive fully decided to go with orcs first, but i picked up a box of warhammer orcs AND a box of warhammer goblins, as well as 2 trolls. my end goal is to make a large OnG team that can be branched off into a fully functioning golbin team once i get the rules down. so orcs to learn, gobbos later when i have the rules down. i also have a few spare black orcs to use as well.

any tips when it comes to modeling them? should the blockers and blitzers and such be modeled in an certain way, or is it just a free for all?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2008 - 04:26 PM

Canada
If you are going to make it "free for all" mak sure that you have something that makes it clear to your opponent which is which to avoid confusion. Genrally throwers have the ball, so that is a good place to start. For my blitzers I gave the all the "iron gobs" so that they can be distinguished that way, and the linemen are plain. The Black Orcs are the metal ones, i oppted to go with these because (a) I love the models and (b) I really wanted to see the size difference,.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

thechosengobboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2008 - 04:56 PM

Warrington, England
Failing that, you could paint the base rings in different colours.

There are 'official' colours (in that they USED to be official, and are instantly recognised by some older players). If I remember this rightly, the colours are as follows:

Green for blockers
Red for blitzers
White for throwers
Grey for linemen
Yellow for catchers (which would be the gobbos on your orc team)

Wou can skip for the likes of trolls and gobbos if you want though (especially if you want to make an all gobbo team, as base ringing can looks silly), mainly as any opponent whi can't tell the diference between a goblin and an orc (who isn't a beginner) needs their head examined Laughing

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic