NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 02:41 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You don't know Borak! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JCXPOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2008 - 09:16 PM

NEPA
      Pug wrote:
Mine are metals, good mini.

Average guys, so average play.

Make them bashy or dodgey. You can go anyway you like. Good starter team. I always tell new comers to start with them as they then appreciate the difference in the other teams from the average.

IMO if you want to specialize as "bashy" or "dodgey" then humans are not your team. Most teams have a natural slant towards a particular style of play, and if you want to specialize towards one style than you should find a team better suited for it than the humies.

Humans don't specialize their team, they specialize their positions. By doing this, they keep their flexibility. WhiteTiger's team is a great example. It is going into the finals, and it sounds like a well rounded team. Making sure that the blitzers stay violent and the catchers get developed has probably let them be a nightmare matchup to almost any playstyle they face in their league.

If you keep your options open, one always seems to be available. Lean your team too far to one side or another and you lose the greatest strength that humans have--their averageness.

Reply with quote Back to top
omegonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2011 - 03:39 AM

Denmark

JCXP wrote:

IMO if you want to specialize as "bashy" or "dodgey" then humans are not your team. Most teams have a natural slant towards a particular style of play, and if you want to specialize towards one style than you should find a team better suited for it than the humies.

Humans don't specialize their team, they specialize their positions. By doing this, they keep their flexibility. WhiteTiger's team is a great example. It is going into the finals, and it sounds like a well rounded team. Making sure that the blitzers stay violent and the catchers get developed has probably let them be a nightmare matchup to almost any playstyle they face in their league.

If you keep your options open, one always seems to be available. Lean your team too far to one side or another and you lose the greatest strength that humans have--their averageness.

I agree 100%. Just started my first Human Team, and i'm really liking thier versatility. As long as you keep them devoloped in both bashing and ballhandling, then you'll have an awsome team. I've had 3 games with my Humies ad so far i have a 100% win streak. I'm sure that it won't hold but i'm feeling confident Smile

Exploit your opponents weakness, and you'll be ontop of the game.

PS: Ofcouse i play with the metal miniatures Wink

DrunkZombieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2011 - 01:22 PM

United States of America
I always thought the humans got shafted with the ST 2 AG 3 catchers. Seriously, elven catchers are ST 3 AG 4... I like the versatility of humans, but I think they would be a more competitive team if their catchers were ST 3. Of course their price would go up some, but it seems like a pretty big weakness on a team that is supposed to be average.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2011 - 09:04 PM

United States of America
Human catchers are right where they should be not good not bad and backed up by 4 blitzers

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2011 - 06:32 PM

Canada
I agree with DrunkZombie here: I don't understand why the catchers are St2.

That being said, what is your main strategy offensively? Give the ball to a catcher and cage around him with a few blitzers, keeping a sweeping one to open a road through defence or just score as fast as you can and play defense?

Fred

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 - 12:47 AM

United States of America
You have several
Blitzer/catcher pairs split the D thrower moves up pass td

Blitzer with the ball cadged by 2 blitzers 2 line with the catchers on the outer circle

Thrower with the ball cadged by blitzers catchers supported by line get an opening throw td

LordManHammerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2012 - 01:35 AM

Pull back your screen, blitz his safety, run as many pieces up creating a screen to his endzone and HMP the ball up there - TD Very Happy

Or screen the ball on a blitzer/thrower and surprise your opponent with your speed as your screen has moved up halfway his pitch...

To me the humans aren't a good starting team however, not if you are playing coaches that know what you are doing. The humans play well on forcing the opposing team into doing plays they dont favor, and by being able to shift their tactics mid-game. This is something that requires some idea of your own and your opponents str. and weaknesses. I do believe however, that with experience humans become potent... And I play with the plastic ones Wink

red_starriseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Klamath Falls, OR, USA
I know this is a tiny bit necro but I wanted to insert my .02 on humans.

I've played Humans since I started this game in 3rd Ed and tbh I love them. They can hit hard when you need them to but can really pour on the speed when needed as well. IMHO what really makes humans shine is the blodging catcher and accurate thrower supported by guarding/tackling blitzers.

Put block on the lineman ASAP and of course one of them with kick and you've got a decent team that can slug it out on the line on defense or cage it up and grind forward on offense.

As for minis... the spiky humans put out by GW about 5th Ed I think, are by and large my favorites. They seem to be pretty close to true scale vs heroic and really have a good feel that just seems to capture the blood bowl feel perfectly.

That being said, with some work, the plastic humans from the 3rd ed box game are actually pretty decent figs, they just need to be freed from their monopose nature.

It's just a shame GW stopped making the metals, took me quite a bit of effort to acquire the full team.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic