NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 09:08 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Mamma Mia... Luca Toni! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AK_DaveOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: How do you make High Elves Work?  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2009 - 07:27 PM

Anchorage, Alaska
I'm with Ian on this. The HE Catcher is the breadwinner of the team. Blitzers and Linos make holes. A Thrower helps get the ball in the right hands. The HE game is a fast score throwing game. Get Accurate on a Thrower and he's amazing. If he also has AG5 and/or Strong Arm then you're golden.

The DO/NOS combo on a Catcher is pretty sweet, but honestly you need to develop more than one guy like this for it to be fully effective. Making it an extremely expensive (TV and Doubles) trick to develop. Dark Elves and Pro Elves are better suited to this combo, and in fact it is the only thing that I think DE Runners have going for them.

In general, I'd encourage your Doubles rolls to be filled with Strength skills, but NOS or DO are viable alternatives if you're fortunate to have your team's Guard needs taken care of.

Reply with quote Back to top
smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: How do you make High Elves Work?  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2009 - 10:20 PM

I endorse what Doubleskulls and AK Dave have said.

The Catchers are the engine room of the HE team. And they are excellent value. Get 4 of them ASAP. My preferred development route would be Dodge, Wrestle.

Hope this helps.

mysticforceOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: How do you make High Elves Work?  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2009 - 10:21 AM

United States of America
There are very few playes with M8 and S3 out there so anything that can catch them will normally need an assist to get two dice making them very survivable even with AV7 dodge is the first skill I give them as it helps with blocks and mobility

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic