NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 29, 2024 - 01:34 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I got my eye on you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Jul 29, 2008 - 03:04 PM

Canada
This is the latest of my endeavours, working tirelessly towards my goal of having one of each of the BB teams - in plastic! the team also won me the "Davinci Award" from the Lakeside Cup which is the best painted award with consideration for creativity, theme and conversions.

This team is a "chaos dwarf" team, but is Cthulhu based, but all the positionals are pretty clear and easy to understand once you know which is which.

On the lighter side, here is an old cartoon which shows a kiddy version of the Cthulhu Mythos: http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=950452

Here is a group shot of the team:

These are the cultists which represent the hobgoblins:

These are the fishmen (deep one hybrids) that represent the chaos dwarves:

This is one of the Cthulhu Spawn which acts as a bull centaur (the wings explain the extra movement):

This is the back of the spawn:

This is the other spawn:

He asked me to take a shot of his "good side"

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Jul 29, 2008 - 06:18 PM

Canada
Deserved winners, who got my vote(s)

fun to play against if they weren't so pesky!

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Jul 29, 2008 - 06:51 PM

Vancouver, BC
First: it is Da Vinci

Second: It is a very well done team having seen them in person. I really love the eyes.

jigplumsOffline
Post subject: RE: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Aug 27, 2009 - 02:55 AM

look cool but why chaos dwarf? other teams would seem to make more sense

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Aug 27, 2009 - 07:00 AM

Canada
Because I want to do one of each team in plastic. But I do not want to be limited to having a team being exactly representational of that particular race. (For example my undead team is a battered and bandaged orc team - but all the positions are clearly represented)

Eric.R. and I were coming back from a tourney and talking about how cool it would be to make a Cthuluhu based team, and from that thought about what team could fit the bill in terms of representation of the Cthulhu mythos through the different positions available to the team. We thought that the Chaos Dwarves would do nicely with hobgoblin cultists and deep one blockers. The Bull Centaurs were a mystersy at that time (to be figured out as I made the team).

Sure, there could have been other choices, Vampires for example would have been well suited. But as for "making more sense"...... I fail to see your point.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

wikiroOffline
Post subject: RE: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Mar 14, 2011 - 10:47 PM

I would like to thank you for posting the Ghost Buster Episode. Its been....to long. I need to get it on DVD.

wikiroOffline
Post subject: RE: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2011 - 03:25 PM

Lol sorry just got distracted...those models are pretty cool. I like z fishies and the cultists are funny as hell.
I want to make a ghost buster team and challenge you. Vankmin will have sure hands haha

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: The Innsmouth Invaders  PostPosted: Mar 27, 2011 - 06:57 AM

Portugal
      Spazzfist wrote:

Eric.R. and I were coming back from a tourney and talking about how cool it would be to make a Cthuluhu based team, and from that thought about what team could fit the bill in terms of representation of the Cthulhu mythos through the different positions available to the team. We thought that the Chaos Dwarves would do nicely with hobgoblin cultists and deep one blockers. The Bull Centaurs were a mystersy at that time (to be figured out as I made the team).

Sure, there could have been other choices, Vampires for example would have been well suited. But as for "making more sense"...... I fail to see your point.

Couldn't agree more.
There are of course some minis that everyone would relate right away to a certain team (Cthuluhu as vampire is a very good example IMO), and there's nothing wrong with it as some just fit like gloves.

On the other hand if you can pick those minis and fit them into a completely different idea (read 'different' as unexpected) and as long as you can clearly tell them apart (for game sake), then its just great!

Very cool team you've got there Spazz, congrats!

PS: Would loooooove to see pics of those undead orcs... Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic