NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 09:44 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's like chess only... different. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CirrustheBlueOffline
Post subject: Custom Dice - What's Not Acceptable?  PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 - 01:28 AM

So, I'm thinking of designing myself up some special custom Block Dice for a league I'm planning and I need to know what's not acceptable to put on the dice so that I don't get nailed by GW down the road. I know for a fact that they don't own the rights to the Chaos Star, so I was thinking about making a special set with some of that awesomeness going on. Then again, you can never be too sure of what or what isn't acceptable to put on something anymore when dealing in GW IP terms these days... Is there a place I can go to find out what is and isn't 'legally acceptable' to put on a set of custom dice? Their legal form is a little bit ambiguous when it comes to these sorts of things...

- CIrrus

Reply with quote Back to top
thechosengobboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 - 04:24 AM

Warrington, England
IIRC, you'll need to change each image by 10% before it's legal for you to use it.

CirrustheBlueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 - 06:00 PM

Sweet! Thanks for the info! Smile

- Cirrus

razialOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2011 - 02:11 AM

I believe... not 100% but you can make and recreate any GW stuff they are protecting their intellectual property... so therefor I could make the dice but could not sell them. I think I read the terms of Trademarks and such correctly.... but I would look a bit further into it. By their standards then I could say anything I have ever taken a picture of is my intellectual property which is pretty much what is stated on their site.... which is bullshit imo

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic