NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 02:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle is a Blackshirt rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rando
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dagger Bowl II - February 21, 2009  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 07:25 AM

Canada
Count me in Mark.

Oh, and when he wasn't jonesing on the goal line Glen was telling me about these dice which were made with his likeness? Is there a supply of these around? Thanks.

See you then!
Ryan

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dagger Bowl II - February 21, 2009  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 08:29 AM

Canada
      Rando wrote:
Count me in Mark.

Oh, and when he wasn't jonesing on the goal line Glen was telling me about these dice which were made with his likeness? Is there a supply of these around? Thanks.

See you then!
Ryan

good to see you want to stick around Smile

I have some of the Jones dice. We are planning on selling them on ebay to raise some cash. but we will just sell direct as well. $5 a pair. we have white with black jones and black with red jones (both have the jones instead of the #1).

see you in 9 days.

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dagger Bowl II - February 21, 20  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 03:01 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
Ok. The President does make a point of trawling throught the threads as best he can and clearly something is amiss in Canada.

Joe/Eric..... I need to get you guys some dice and we can do that by email and getting it moving within days.

For those who have a complaint, the fault is mine. I have to acknowledge and accept that as President its my job to make sure I have the right people in the right place at the right time. I am sure we can work through it and sort it out.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dagger Bowl II - February 21, 2009  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 04:45 PM

Canada
      Rando wrote:
Count me in Mark.

See you then!
Ryan

Sweet Ryan, hopefully we can play again, and this time I wont be as helpful in my own demise. ;p

See you next weekend.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dagger Bowl II - February 21  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 04:53 PM

Canada
      Lycos wrote:
Ok. The President does make a point of trawling throught the threads as best he can and clearly something is amiss in Canada.

Joe/Eric..... I need to get you guys some dice and we can do that by email and getting it moving within days.

For those who have a complaint, the fault is mine. I have to acknowledge and accept that as President its my job to make sure I have the right people in the right place at the right time. I am sure we can work through it and sort it out.

I don't think anyone would question the job you have been doing Lycos. I personally thought you responded extremely quickly when I had my issue with membership renewal.

I think the problem more lies with the fact that Ben is (by choice or not) no longer able to fulfill his role, but everyone has been holding their breath thinking Ben will reappear and take back the role that was his, so we keep trying to keep him in the loop which slows things down since he obviously no longer has any incentive to maintain his role at the moment.

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dagger Bowl II - Februar  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 05:37 PM

Canada
Mark if you play will you be bringing the dwarves. If so we can see if we can play a game without to many riots....

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 01:07 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well is the tourney on a Saturday or a Sunday?

I work afternoons so if on a Saturday, I'd not be able to leave the Falls until Friday night around midnight. Sunday would suit me better, but I'm sure its not Sunday. So unless someone is willing to pick me up Friday night at midnightish, I'll not be able to attend.

Shame , as last year was a blast, Mark you put on a great tourney last year, very well organised!

I'll miss the FIFA action, (my goalie watching the ball roll past him for the score, or me giving Joe a Penalty Shot only to save it , but then fouling him in the same play to give him a 2nd chance)

If I can not make it, I'll challenge the champion of this year with my Skaven from last year! If I do make it I'll look forward to repeating my Victory as the Dagger Bowl Champ, as I did in the 1st. Dagger Bowl!

Anyone attending from Southern ON that does not mind travling in the midnight hours? (will pay your gas there & back)....

...... please let me know.

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 06:32 AM

Canada
Hey Clan-Skaven, if I lived out there I would gladly do it but unfortunately I live at your destination. Hope somebody else is willing and able to make the trip down with you as it would be cool to have a few of you at this tourney as well.

If not hope to see you at the Canadian Open in March, take it easy

Adam

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 03:49 PM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
Well is the tourney on a Saturday or a Sunday?

I work afternoons so if on a Saturday, I'd not be able to leave the Falls until Friday night around midnight. Sunday would suit me better, but I'm sure its not Sunday. So unless someone is willing to pick me up Friday night at midnightish, I'll not be able to attend.

Shame , as last year was a blast, Mark you put on a great tourney last year, very well organised!

I'll miss the FIFA action, (my goalie watching the ball roll past him for the score, or me giving Joe a Penalty Shot only to save it , but then fouling him in the same play to give him a 2nd chance)

If I can not make it, I'll challenge the champion of this year with my Skaven from last year! If I do make it I'll look forward to repeating my Victory as the Dagger Bowl Champ, as I did in the 1st. Dagger Bowl!

Anyone attending from Southern ON that does not mind travling in the midnight hours? (will pay your gas there & back)....

...... please let me know.

Rod

Sorry Clan_Skaven, the tourneys on Saturday. Sunday would be to difficult. Too bad you couldn't make it, guess we will have to have a match with the interim champion to decide the overall champion.

Thanks man, I had never run one before and I had fun, I can see why people don't mind watching their own tourneys. I always thought it would be boring, but it wasn't.

The FIFA matches were hilarious, both on Friday night and Saturday. Although I think the Friday one we could have skipped. 5am is a little late when people were showing up at my house at 9am. I still don't remember the first part of the day.

L3athalKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Canada
Hey guys, Leathan here just saying my dad and i will be coming. Look forward to playing with you guys again.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 08:44 PM

Canada
good to hear Lea

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hey all,

Some good and bad news here. Good news first, I saw the Neuro-Surgeon today and I do not require surgery on my back. Thank god.

Bad news, my rehabilitation will most likely take more than 6 months so I am out of commission for out of town tournaments as It's even harder for me to get around right now than it was at the CCKO.

With any luck I'll be able to start travelling by July or September for the Lakeside or Niagaroth but even these is still slim.

Best of luck to all of you coaches going to the Dagger and SweetBun.

Dan

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 11:38 PM

Canada
Hey Leithan, see you guys next week.

Dan, don't worry about missing tourneys. Just get better. Risking further damage to your back is not worth it, just concentrate on the rehab and we will see you at a tourney later this year. Good luck.

Hey, if you need practice, there is always Fumbbl to fill the void short term.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2009 - 05:45 AM

Canada
Hey Leathan glad to hear you and your dad will be coming, hope we get a chance to play again. The 1-0 defeat didn't sit to well with me last time...hope to get some revenge for that!!! Taxal and Pat are coming as well so that should make for 4 to 5 people from out of town, plus the locals should make for a decent turnout Mark, with only six last year we had a good time so should make it even better this time around.

Rod, hope you were able to find a ride man, although I think Eric would be the only one likely to be able to pull that off with the driving....and he seems to be rather busy lately.

Dan, really glad to hear you don't need surgery man. I know how bad back issues can get, threw mine out when I was 19 and there isn't a day that goes by that it doesn't affect me in some way. Good luck with your rehab, it seems lengthy now but with surgery may have been a couple years to recover fully. Hope to see you later in the year unless you can make it to Canadian Open or Quermitt, in which case I will see you then. Take it easy and best of luck with everything.

Adam

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2009 - 07:00 PM

Canada
Hey Clan-Skaven, I just thought of a possible solution for you to attend if you still wanted to..If you could get a bus down to Ottawa and back (don't have any idea how steep the cost is both ways though). Even if you wanted to take the bus one way I would be willing to take you back and drive home afterward seeing as the tourney is only one day. I would just bring the wife along for the ride and take a break once we get down to Niagara before coming back. If you really want to attend that could be an option for you. I don't know if your buddy Brian is still around, that you came to Bongo with last year either. Only people I could think of that would be driving from down there would be Eric, Talons, or Brian. Otherwise, let me know what you want to do bro. talk to you later,

Adam

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic