NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 09:12 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I'm so good I lick my own arm rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 09:09 AM

Canada
Nice offer Adam!

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Had/having a mental week finishing a paper and trying to plan my job search.
Looking forward to unwinding with some stress free activities, oh wait Sad

Laughing

see you tomorrow!

JTB

Reply with quote Back to top
CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 10:20 AM

Canada
Can't wait for tomorrow either. I really wish I could jump in a time machine and wake-up tomorrow morning.

Taxal, I'm expecting us to play each-other at some point. Gonna cut myself some trees to make wood to cook those plumpy 'Flings over. Smoked 'Flings. Hmmmm.

Cramy

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 03:09 PM

Canada
Also can't wait for tomorrow, should be awesome. Hey Joe, as far as stress free activities I don't know but fun nonetheless.
Is there any gaming activities going on Saturday night after the tourney still?

Clan Skaven, offer still stands if you do want to attend and can at least get down here? I don't mind at all, just need to know your plans.

Take it easy all and see you tomorrow.

Adam

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 06:22 AM

Canada
The time has arrived, people will be here shortly. Just prepping the software to speed up the process.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 06:23 AM

Canada
Hope you guys have a great time! Just wish I could be there....

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 09:03 PM

Canada
Is it over yet? We wants results!

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 10:25 PM

Canada
Hey Spazz, it is over. As always was good but stressful times in Bloodbowl lore. As it turns out there are probably some unexpected results. Don't know the exact order but can give you a general idea....

1st Place- Mike Olsen (Slann) also won Most TD's and Least TD's Allowed
2nd Place- Colin K (Chaos Dwarf) also won Most Cas, and Least Cas Against
3rd Place- Joe Byers (Human) Not sure but I think this is correct placing
4th Place- Leathan K (Norse)
5th Place- Marc-Andre (Goblins)
6th-7th - Patrick G (Dwarf)/Adam J (Skaven) not sure of order
8th-10th- Mark D (Norse)/Dan C (Halfling)/Ryan (Underworld) not sure of order

Tournament was really cool as it came down to the last game to determine an outright winner, many people could have placed top 3 depending on the last game.

Thank you to Mark and his wife had an awesome time and hope to see some of you out for Canadian Open/Quermitt soon,

Take Care,

Adam

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2009 - 06:55 AM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:

1st Place- Mike Olsen (Slann) also won Most TD's and Least TD's Allowed

That is frikkin' hilarious! From the Spoon boy last month to the tourney winner the next! Using the same team no less! And if I recall didn't he score like '0' TDs at the CCKO?

Well done to him! Very Happy

Not only that but Colin finally beat Leathan in the standings! What a crazy tourney!

Woe to anyone who placed lower than Dan's halflings!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2009 - 08:57 AM

Canada
Embarassed

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2009 - 09:39 AM

Canada
Thanks to all for coming out and making Daggerbowl II a success (atleast in my opinion). Jrock56 listed the standings correctly, and a huge congrats goes out to Eggball for the surprise turn-around from whipping boy to tournament champion with the same team. Also for the final win against rug-thug to ensure his own championship and knock rug-thug from the podium, all in one game. Congrats to Colin for being the most violent and durable team in the tourney, especially for the 8 CAS thrashing he inflicted on Taxals poor halflings in the second game. ;P

All in all, the final round of games were the clear TSN turning-point for alot of coaches, some good and some bad. Which resulted in a large amount of movement in the final standings.

And a HUGE congrats to Taxal's halfling team, "Mighty Sweetbuns" for scoring a running, passing and tossing-halfling TD in the final game to solidify their name in the halls of Halfling history as one of the greatest games by a Halfling team. Unfortunately, it came at the cost of Rando's Underworld "Detrivitore Lions", who discovered how much Skaven and Golbins do not like playing each other, and how hard it is to create offence when none of your team wants to play together. I lost count of how many Animosity rolls he failed in a row, and that was the high point of his game. Who knows, maybe next tourney Rando will win it all with the same team, and this will be a new trend. Only time will tell.

Anyways, hope to see everyone sonn, and get ready for Daggerbowl III, May 2, 2009.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2009 - 12:15 PM

Canada
Thanks go to Mark and his wife for leting us play a Blood Bowl tournament in their house. Also thank you to my four opponents for once again making it fun and enjoyable to play this great game.
Will say that I am quite happy to say that I made Joe earn that win over me and making him think during the game and not making it easy on him. Actually if it was not for one failed Fling toss I think that it would have been a 2-1 win for me. DAMN DICE!!!!!!!

See you all soon
Taxal

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2009 - 08:33 AM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Thanks go to Mark and his wife for leting us play a Blood Bowl tournament in their house. Also thank you to my four opponents for once again making it fun and enjoyable to play this great game.
Will say that I am quite happy to say that I made Joe earn that win over me and making him think during the game and not making it easy on him. Actually if it was not for one failed Fling toss I think that it would have been a 2-1 win for me. DAMN DICE!!!!!!!

See you all soon
Taxal

I agree with all these comments!

I have never been so scared playing against halflings.
I just couldn't see the forrest for the trees in the middle of the field Laughing

I had 4 great games, all of them were close run affairs. With storylines enough for 2 games each. Particularly the crazy game against the Slann, and the Collin's Chaos Dwarves, damn that riot!

I must also mention myu final opponent, Pat, he had the worst twothree turns of luck I have seen. What had been a really close first half with me barely stopping his dwarf's scoring. Turned into a cake walk as his dwarves fell in the snow, got stunned enmass by a pitch invasion and then proceeded to knock themselves down blocking, allowing me to bag two TDs in the space of 4 turns. I feel for you buddy!

Cheers guys, until next time!

JTB

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic