NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:53 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Talk Blood Bowl is down. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Canada
I found this league a few weeks ago.

http://mmbbl.blogspot.com/
Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
FeralOffline
Post subject: BB in NB?  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2008 - 09:16 AM

Montreal

Wow! I never thought they'd be BB in NB! Nice to know. I thought that the Maritimes where pretty out of the radar concerning BB. At least Tournament wize.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: BB in NB?  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2008 - 09:49 AM

Vancouver, BC
---Updated to this point---

CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2008 - 07:23 PM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
Hey Marc-Andre,

What is this league you speak of? Why have I never heard of it until now...We want to get a league going actively again but weren't sure about numbers yet. Let me know man,

Adam

That's a league that me and some friends started in 2000 or so. We've been playing almost non-stop since then. Scheduled games, with the same 5 coaches.

It's not really open to new coaches, but I still wanted to mention it here. It's like an old-boys club, where new members are screened based on things that are completely un-related to bloodbowl. Razz

And yes, we need the OGBL to get revived, and the best way to do that I think is to have some form of schedule. I worked a web site with standings and stuff to complement the blog that Joe setup a while back, but never really finished it (mainly because Joe and Mark never sent me their rosters so that I could turn it on). Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Cramy

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2008 - 08:35 PM

Canada
That's cool Marc-Andre, I was just wondering as I had never heard anything going on. Guess the rest of those guys you play with aren't into the tourney scene?

We should definitely get something going on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. We used to get together every Saturday and play one or two games but that schedule doesn't work for everyone now. Should set up a schedule where you have designated opponents and you have X amount of time to play that opponent in that week or 2 week period. Everyone has a set amount of games to play depending on the number of coaches in the league. Once everyone has played there games, have playoff seeding or a round robin, to determine semi-finals, & championship games. Would be easy to set up and keep organized, take it easy,

Adam

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 04, 2008 - 06:08 PM

Canada
Francis came-out to play a few tournaments in the past, and he still wants to play the Ottawa tournaments, but he's been having logistics issues with other activities for the last while.

Cramy

PANZERBUNNYOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Canadian Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 12:19 AM

Toronto

Well this is my 1st post in the NAF.

I got tired of trolling the net looking for anything blood bowl related going on in the toronto area sooo here I am.

Played the game since I was 8...(27 now) ..1st/2nd/3rd ed. Looking forward to the 360 game, but still want some board action.

Where are you guys meeting this saturday?

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 06:28 AM

Canada
Welcome. I hope to see you around at tourneys. I'll let the Toronto area guys talk about local leagues for you.

And don't pay attention to all the bragging and stuff going on in the forums. We're all good folks, and like to banter (as you will surely see). Smile

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Canadian Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 07:14 AM

Canada
      PANZERBUNNY wrote:
Well this is my 1st post in the NAF.

I got tired of trolling the net looking for anything blood bowl related going on in the toronto area sooo here I am.

Played the game since I was 8...(27 now) ..1st/2nd/3rd ed. Looking forward to the 360 game, but still want some board action.

Where are you guys meeting this saturday?

PM sent

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

PANZERBUNNYOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 11:52 AM

Toronto

I always enjoy a good amount of fun trash talk and banter with my games. It keeps the mood light and funny. As it should be.

Same with forums Wink

Seems tbbf is dead. Sad because I recall a few of the names from flames of war tourneys and casual games that are on that list.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 12:47 PM

Canada
I like to be optimistic and think that the TBBF is just in a coma! Very Happy Someday it will wake up again and relive the glory of it's youth.

But until then the BOMBBL is where it's at!

PANZERBUNNYOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 03:00 PM

Toronto

Something that sparked the blood bowl tick again for me was the chaos pact and underworld teams.
Will BOMBBL be allowing these teams? Seems they are totally endorsed by the rules committe so I dont see why not even if they aren't OFFICIAL official. From what I've read they aren't official because GW cant support them with minis yet. We shouldn't let GW ruin our fun Wink

If I manage to come out this saturday I'd bring an underworld team. I have 2nd ed skaven being shipped to me so I'd probably have to sub in something else as proxy until I get them in my hands.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 03:22 PM

Canada
I think we can make an allowance of having those three teams in there. I mean, we'd better seeing asI will probably be starting off with my chaos pact and introducing a Slann team sometime in the new year! Razz

As for skaven, I have a team that I can lend you Saturday if you need - just don't throw them across the room in frustration when you get spanked by me! Twisted Evil

PANZERBUNNYOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Toronto

If you want to spank me you'll have to get in line behind my GF. She usually has dibs on that sort of thing.*makes appropriate whip sound*And ya I'll only need 5 skaven or so skaven, so thats cool.I also managed to get my hands on some 2nd ed chaos dwarves and 2  2nd ed ogres.Glad to see their is still a healthy circulation of old minis online. I never really like the newer ones...

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 04:33 PM

Vancouver, BC
Boo!!! I do not endorse the 3 new teams regardless what the BBRC says!!! Down with Slann, Chaos pact and Underworld . . . they are a detriment to game!!!! And I refuse to play in a league that allows them!!!!

Wink Sorry, I had a 'Zombie' momment there . . . I am cool with allowing those teams as long as we all know that they are allowed.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic