NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 12:31 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Triple Skulls. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MenionLeahOffline
Post subject: Skaven Advancement? Semi Vet Squad...  PostPosted: May 06, 2003 - 01:59 PM

I'm in a St. Louis league, and I'm fielding a Skaven team. I already have a one turn scorer (GR +1M, Sprint, Block) and my team consists of one thrower (with Hail Mary), 4 gutters, and 10 linerats (no skills): light and fast. My question is, I have quite a few guys with upcoming skills, mostly linerats and my thrower...since I use my gutters for most of the finesse stuff (throwing, carrying the ball, etc.) my thrower seems to be just another linerat.

What is the first skill I should take with all these players? I'm leaning towards Block, but I'm not sure. And why should I take a pass skill like accurate with my thrower when he hardly ever throws?

Thoughts?

Reply with quote Back to top
BloodGoreOffline
Post subject: Skills  PostPosted: May 06, 2003 - 02:04 PM

One can never go wrong giing block to any player. I have seen more uses for this skill in more games than i can count. Of course I am a block convert as a good first skill with a non double roll. Surprised

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2003 - 02:08 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
block is good. Kick, dirty player are very nice choices as well. Kick the ball far back and get as many GR's as possible out there.
Sure feet for the one turner (duh)
Sure hands on other scoring players

jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2003 - 02:11 PM

Claw if you got doubles.

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2003 - 02:16 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
or guard, leader

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2003 - 02:54 PM

Or Big Hand, on a Thrower. Block is a must on the linerats, but you really do need to pick up those two Storm Vermin as soon as you can. They're indespensible once they pick up guard.

-Oscar Wilde

BenArdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 06:33 AM

Don't underestimate the throwers, sure hands and the pass skill to start, then give him accurate and strong arm if you throw a double, maybe even +1 AG if you get lucky, but a reroll on a failed pass without having to sacrifice a team reroll is never a bad thing. Also, for yuor one turner...diving catch, increase his range even further, plus this is indespensible with hail mary.

Other than that, the linerats really need block first off, unles you roll a double, kick and leader are also very useful along with tackle. Storm vermin would be a useful addition to your side, plus maybe a Rat Ogre for sweeping up at the back.

obviously sure feet would be another good addition to your 1 turner and for the other GR's any mutation is good (i.e. extra arms, two heads, spikes) or skills like Jump up and sidestep, and sure hands.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2003 - 04:07 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Kick is a really useful skill for skaven because with the GR's you can put a lot of pressure on the ball even when its very deep. It also means you have a way to stop the cage forming.

Accurate on the thrower is important because it makes him less likely to fumble as well as increasing the chances of being accurate. A long passing game is a good thing to have. Doubles I'd be torn between Big Hand (which works very well if you don't let TZ effect HMP) and strong arm.

You may want to consider a dirty player too - very much in the fluff of the team.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic