NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 09:09 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Spike Magazine Approved! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FranticOffline
Post subject: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2008 - 02:14 PM

Sweden
Never Played them so what do you think about this start ups?

5 Blockers 350k
2 Runners 160K
2 Blitzers 160K
2 Troll Slayers 180k
FF: FREE
RR: 3 @ 120K
Total: 970K (30K left)

Or

5 Blockers 350k
2 Runners 160K
2 Blitzers 160K
1 Troll Slayer 90K
1 Death Roller (thihi) Twisted Evil *hehehe*
FF: FREE
RR: 2 @ 80K
Total: 1000K

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2008 - 03:39 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
The first one is better. Death roller gets sent off, meaning you have to start with him in the first drive and never get to field him again in the match. DR is an interesting 12th or 13th player for the team. Generally reports seem to be pretty mixed. I think best described as a high-risk high-reward piece, which given the rest of the team are low-risk low-reward means they can be difficult to integrate properly.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2008 - 06:50 PM

Sweden
Ok, thx.

First one it is.

What about change one trollslayer for an RR and a blocker? Butt RR isn´t that imoprtant with the dwarfs, after all its "cageing time".

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2008 - 07:37 AM

Canada
3 RR is enough for Dwarves. So keep the Troll Slayer IMO.

Cramy

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2008 - 09:42 AM

Sweden
Ok, thx.

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2008 - 02:16 PM

Canada
Hey! Don't forget the RR's are now 50 K !!!! So you'll need to drop ont of the position players to start with three. I'd be tempted to drop one runner or one Slayer.

Fred

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2008 - 03:10 PM

Sweden
Is that now? arent that on tryout for LRB 6.0?

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2008 - 03:43 PM

Canada
Well, if you play under LRB 5b, they are. And that DR would have Loner.

Fred

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2008 - 04:19 PM

Sweden
Ok, we are playing LRB 5.0 with some house rules. Thx.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 - 05:22 PM

Sweden
Ok, the first match is now in the history books. Razz

I won over Chaos Dwarfs with 3-1. (1-0 cas) no one got a new skill, but when they do what do pic?

I was thinking of:

Runners, Kick off return, Dump Off, Nerves Of Steel (On D = Dodge)
Troll Slayers: Mighty blow, Piling on, Tackle (On D = Jump Up)
Blitzers: Tackle, pro, Mighty blow. (On D = Dodge, Diving Tackle, Dodge)
Blockers: Guard, Mighty blow, stand firm (On D = Diving tackle)

Or? Give me sugestions.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 - 11:39 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Runner normally get Block first skill to help them survive should they get hit. KoR is a good second choice. I'd only consider dump off if you get some catch or +AG players to get the ball.
Troll Slayers - MB first is good. Stand firm is very useful too - to stop you being crowd surfed.
Blitzers - guard is good for a first skill as they are more mobile than blockers.

FranticOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2008 - 01:12 AM

Sweden
      Doubleskulls wrote:
Runner normally get Block first skill to help them survive should they get hit. KoR is a good second choice. I'd only consider dump off if you get some catch or +AG players to get the ball.
Troll Slayers - MB first is good. Stand firm is very useful too - to stop you being crowd surfed.
Blitzers - guard is good for a first skill as they are more mobile than blockers.

Runners: Block. *CHECK*
Stand firm on TS, great. I´ll keep that in mind.
Blitzers: Guard *CHECK*

Thanks! And Mary X-Mas.

BTW I have a rule Q for you Mr. Doubleskulls.

Play with the ide that the Deathroller got 76 starplayer points (thats 4 skills as we all know) and you do not roll a single double or a roll that increase any characteristics. Then you have no choice. Youre Deathroller rather you want it or not got the following skills. Grab, Guard, Piling On and Multible Block. What happens if he got his fifth skill and again roll a normal skill. Now theres no skill left to pick. Can he choose whatever skill he wants or is he stuck with "only" 4? Plz dont say that he have to go with the strong arm skill since he has "no hands". Wink

Cheers!

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2008 - 04:50 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
You've got the following skill options... so you've got the TS option too. If you ever get to 176 then you have to take strong arm - you've less than a 1/4 chance of not getting a double or 10 by the 6th skill.

Grab
Guard
Multiple Block
Piling On
Thick Skull
Strong Arm

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Help with a dwarf start rooster.....  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2008 - 06:54 AM

Sweden
Ah, forgott the thick skull. The only dwarf that dont have it from scratch. Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic