NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 04:24 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Human team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2009 - 11:48 AM

Canada
Hey guys!

Since teams with regenrating players that have acces to an apo can use it on them, what's the sequence?

Let's say a vampire gets killed, does the coach wait for the regen roll before using apo or does he have to decide right after injury (like he would have to do on any other "regular" player) to use it or not, and then gets a second chance with the regen roll?

Thanks!

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2009 - 12:24 PM

Off the top of my head, and without consulting the rulebook, I believe you have to decide to use the Apothecary as soon as the injury occurs, i.e. before using Regen.

Cheers

smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2009 - 01:03 PM

SBG, I've checked the rulebook, it says (Apothecary, p.17 in LRB6):

"...immediately after the player suffers the Casualty, you can use the Apothecary..."

Hope this helps.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2009 - 02:02 PM

Sweden
If you check out Regenation -> If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after the roll on the Casualty table and after any
Apothecary roll if allowed

... You have to use the apothecary first.

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2009 - 03:24 PM

Canada
Sorry guys. It's the kind of things you don't see anymore since it's been in the book forever... I guess. Should have read more carefully.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2009 - 04:17 PM

Sweden
No problem... Smile

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2009 - 03:57 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
IIRC that line got added in LRB5 so its not been there that long.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2009 - 12:14 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Doubleskulls wrote:
IIRC that line got added in LRB5 so its not been there that long.
Yes was added in LRB 5.0 as the Apothecary was added to the Vampire team to help it out and because how the Apothecary worked was changed.

Galak

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2009 - 04:21 AM

Undisclosed
I thought that the Apoth on the VC team was just for the thralls. Am I remembering that wrong?

NAF Member #5236
---

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2009 - 05:08 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
IIRC that used to be the case, but is no longer so. However you have to use the apoth prior to the regen roll.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2009 - 06:25 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Ian has it. In 4.0 Vampires could not use Apothecary. 5.0 changed that.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 - 09:57 AM

United States of America
I was just reading the Apothecary rules. Please correct me if I am wrong. It says: During a match, an Apothecary may attempt to cure a player who has suffered a Casualty or been KO'd. An Apothecary can be used only once per match. If the player was KO'd leave him on the pitch Stunned, or if he was not on the pitch, put him in the Reserve box. Otherwise immediately after the player suffers the Casualty,.....

Now that tells me you can use the Apothecary on KO'd players later on in the game if you want. Now true it does say if a player receives a Casualty a player must immediately after use the Apothecary if they want to use the Apothecary. But it does not say that about the KO'd player. So in other words when I am trying to get a KO'd player back after a drive and I fail. I can just at that time go ahead and use the Apothecary and put him in the Reserve box.

In the same way on Regeneration. A player could wait until he sets up for the next drive to roll the Regen.
The rule states.
If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after the roll on the Casualty table and after any Apothecary roll, if allowed.

It does not say Immediately as the Apothecary rule does. It also does not say before you do any thing else. So you could wait until you say set up for the next drive to roll for the player in the Red box to transfer to the Reserve box if you are successful. Now true you can only do it once for each time a player suffered a Casualty but that does comply with the wording of the rules.

Last edited by quietdominator on Nov 15, 2012 - 12:28 PM; edited 1 time in total

OventaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Undisclosed
I See your Point for the ko, and although it is not 100% bullet proof stated for rule twisters in the rules ( at least for my interpreting) it is surely meant that way (for my interpreting)
So in the tourneys I participated me, my opponents and the orga agreed that also for ko you have to decide right there and not later in the ko box.

Though for the regen roll, well it is a don't care right? No impact when you do the roll? Or am I missing something?

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Apothecary then Regeneration: possible?  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 - 12:25 PM

United States of America
      Oventa wrote:
I See your Point for the ko, and although it is not 100% bullet proof stated for rule twisters in the rules ( at least for my interpreting) it is surely meant that way (for my interpreting)
So in the tourneys I participated me, my opponents and the orga agreed that also for ko you have to decide right there and not later in the ko box.

Though for the regen roll, well it is a don't care right? No impact when you do the roll? Or am I missing something?

1. I am not twisting the rules. I am simply interpreting them exactly as written.
2. No, you are correct no impact when you do the roll.

StimmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 - 03:08 PM

Germany
I would have assumed that the "if he was not on the pitch" refers to KOs caused by crowd pushes.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic