NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:12 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dodge this! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 09:31 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Thankyou Eric for a great tourney!!!!

Sure there was only 8 people there, but I'll take an 8 man tourney with 7 other awsome people anyday!

Thanks to all my opponents.

Game one Chris P. (Chaos Dwarves) Fun game, sorry bout calling you on a cocked die... (but if ya use the dice tower it happens much less.... Wink ) Win 3-1

Game two, Thomas (Chaos Dwarves) Fun game, but the Blizzard (then changing to Blizzard & my Rat Ogre going wild on most of my 1st half Blitzes, in combination with his CD's grinding my rats to a bloody Pulp, made for a poor outing by me. Thanks Thomas for making the trip to the great white North! Lost 2-0

Game three, Peter M. (Dark Elves) Despite my stalling out most of the 2nd half to secure the 2-1 win . Peter was in (as always great spirits). Very fun game & dang those Witch Elves are annoying.... Laughing Win 2-1

Game four Glenn J. (Norse) ummmm one of the funnest games I ever had in getting my A$$ handed to me! Laughing in end two Rats left on pitch. this game was Karma kicking me in the twig & berries for game 3, (lost to the 2nd half stall ball game Crying or Very sad Laughing ) Lost 2-1

Game five , Adam J. (Skaven) Most intense game I had by far! a combined 5 TD's scored! In the end I lost 3-2 despite a last turn chance to tie it up! Lost 3-2

Game six , Laraunt D. (Skaven) Poor guy, worst luck I have seen anyone get in a very long time...... Not much more I can say, he did however take the loss very well. Don't worry buddy, next time I'm sure you will kick my but. Wink
Won 5-0

Congrats on all the Winners!

See you all next month at the Challenge of Q'ermitt!

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 01:14 PM

Canada
Sounds like if you guys had a blast. Too bad that I couldn't make it.

See you guys at the Challenge of Q'ermitt.

Cramy

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 05:50 PM

Canada
First off want to say Thank you to Eric for hosting the tournament had a great time. Awards were cool even though I got screwed out of 2 of them by my brother in the last game...the greedy bastard LOL! As far as the turn out, remember it's the quality not always the quantity that really matters and makes the tourney what it is.

Thank you to my opponents for a lot of fun and excitement it was quite the rollercoaster of a tourney for me. I either dominated or got killed it was crazy. The only game that was close was against Rod which was quite the intense battle right down to the 8th turn of the second half...just remember to avoid those thrown rocks next time Rod LOL Razz

@Thomas: Thanks for making the trip you seemed to fit right in with the rest of us. Was good times even though you crippled my team to the point that you scored the winning td when I had no players left on the pitch. Quite the turn-around after I casualtied a bull centaur and hobgoblin on my first 2 blocks of the tourney, well done and congrats on the trophies.

Another big thanks to Spazz and Monica for letting us stay at there place for the weekend makes tourney life a whole lot easier when you have a place to stay, much appreciated. Take care all and hope to play you again soon.

Adam

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 08:23 PM

Vancouver, BC
Thanx for all for the praise . . . I will not let it go to my head Razz

Here are my photos from the tourney (including some from the night before). Enjoy.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 08:34 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for this great Week End ! sorry for the very last minute decision, it's great that you made me a place anyway (so thanks to eric for the tourney, and spazz for a suite in the chateau)!
Next time i'll only come for the zombie-killing part Wink (not talking about you rod, but the PS2 game).

Hope to see you soon.

Laurent (aka le gros noob français).

PS: the good point with small tourney is that the air available is sufficient so you don't need a lung replacement because of prolonged exposure to eric's and rod's farts...

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Vancouver, BC
Great that you could come out, and loved the French curses. Being the only one able to understand 75% of what came out of your mouth even made it funnier.

Sorry for the noxious gas, but that was the most junk food I had eaten at once in a long time. But the reactions were priceless Laughing

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 09:20 PM

Vancouver, BC
Here are the final standings:

The first column is the Swiss score (1 - Win, ½ - Tie, 0 - Loss). The second is the first tie break (Median-Buchholz AKA Harkness). The third is the second tie break (Buchholz AKA Solkoff). The forth is the third tie break (Progress AKA Cumulative). Explanations can be found here.

And here is the cross-table to see the opponents of the participants and the result:

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 08:54 AM

Canada
      Quote:

The first column is the Swiss score (1 - Win, ½ - Tie, 0 - Loss). The second is the first tie break (Median-Buchholz AKA Harkness). The third is the second tie break (Buchholz AKA Solkoff). The forth is the third tie break (Progress AKA Cumulative). Explanations can be found here.

Loving it!

absolutely going to get involved with these tiebreakers for the OGBL tournaments.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 08:56 AM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for this great Week End ! sorry for the very last minute decision, it's great that you made me a place anyway (so thanks to eric for the tourney, and spazz for a suite in the chateau)!
Next time i'll only come for the zombie-killing part Wink (not talking about you rod, but the PS2 game).

Hope to see you soon.

Laurent (aka le gros noob français).

PS: the good point with small tourney is that the air available is sufficient so you don't need a lung replacement because of prolonged exposure to eric's and rod's farts...

It is a shame I could not make it. The air sounds delightful.

Alas my job hunt did not give me the time Sad

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 09:23 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Alas my job hunt did not give me the time Sad

What about the Q'ermitt? You going to make it to that one?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2009 - 04:57 PM

Vancouver, BC
Gents,

Terrible news . . . I lost all the sheets with the game results . . . .

My bad . . .

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2009 - 05:00 PM

Vancouver, BC
Just kidding,

I am missing Glenn's however. Though I can get the results from his opponent's sheets. But I do need his NAF ID so I can input the results.

Thanx.

PS. I was hoping to get them in tonight, but depending on how fast I get a response it may be till sometime next week when I get a new computer. I am planning on formatting my laptop before handing it to Dan so he can communicate with the out side world.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2009 - 05:55 PM

Vancouver, BC
OK, I got Glenn's NAF name and I started to input the results, but after a couple of errors, either on my [network] end or NAF's that caused lost and scrambled data I am giving up for the night. So later on next week I will have the results finalized. For the rating wh○res among us . . . chill out I will get it done.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2009 - 09:25 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
OK, I got Glenn's NAF name and I started to input the results, but after a couple of errors, either on my [network] end or NAF's that caused lost and scrambled data I am giving up for the night. So later on next week I will have the results finalized. For the rating wh○res among us . . . chill out I will get it done.

Ok we all know this is directed at me......

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

DarkOrk20Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 27, 2009 - 06:52 PM

United States of America
Its ok Rod, I was just getting to get on him about this. I was hoping to know what the end result was for me before my tourney. I have patience, just very little. I will give you some more time Eric. I will be checking again in an hour. (Just kidding)

Hey, about those french curses... What did he say at our game? You can respond here. It will be just between the two of us.

I miss you guys already. Rod, I am considering coming up for the one in Niagra Falls.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic