NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 07:33 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Tournament Director in ratings fix scandal! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrunkZombieOffline
Post subject: Inducement to win coin flip  PostPosted: Apr 24, 2009 - 11:03 AM

United States of America
While I was playing a game in my league the other day, I thought of a possible new inducement to add to my league's house rules. I brought it before the rest of the league to discuss, but I wanted your opinions as well.

The idea is for an inducement to let you win the coin flip. Either add a new one or modify the "Bribe" inducement to let a bribe be used for this. Roll 1d6, 2-6 you win the flip, on a 1 the annoyed ref has your opponent win the flip.

Is this too powerful? Is 100,000 inducement gold to much or too little? Comments or suggestions are welcome.

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Inducement to win coin flip  PostPosted: Apr 24, 2009 - 06:02 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Its a good idea - the card Team Anthem already does this as well as give +2 Fame for kick off table rolls.

It was called palmed coin in LRB4 and was a handicap result

I was mulling over the idea of extra bribe effects... e.g. a 4+ bribe for 50k, a 100k bribe to allow you to field an extra player (maybe who gains secret weapon as a consequence) etc - however the more I thought about it the more I thought those sorts of effects are better handled in the cards where the randomness goes a long way to compensate for any balance issues.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic