NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 29, 2024 - 03:34 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bribe the ref today! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JakoOffline
Post subject: A Year of Frugal Gaming - Batch Painting  PostPosted: May 31, 2009 - 02:27 AM

Hello all,

This week on my gaming blog A Year of Frugal Gaming I think about batch painting my Blood Bowl team and whether painting fast (rather than spending ages on each figure) is such a bad thing really. Check it out here:
A Year of Frugal Gaming - Batch Painting

Cheers

Dave

Reply with quote Back to top
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: A Year of Frugal Gaming - Batch Painting  PostPosted: May 31, 2009 - 06:12 AM

Portugal
I kinda agree with your point, depending on the objective of the painter.
There's a 'basic' table top quality I try to give each of my minis (so they look good in the table like from 1 meter away or so).
Rank'n file troops all deserve at least that.
Then if they are somehow special characters, or extensive convertions, or I realy like the mini, they get extra atention.
Still, I do realise that all the time spent from this point on, wont ever be noticed by 80% of the people that sees them, and they will look exactly the same on the table.
Oh, and they 'chip' just the same if they are hit with a loose dice, or fall on the table (god forbid 'floor'), it just hurts a hell of a lot more!
Smile

JakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2009 - 01:12 PM

I agree, I'd only use basic painting techniques on the basic troops. Special characters require special attention!

squigskinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Having just returned to BB and mini painting in general, I've found that batch painting and spending ~1hr on a mini yields me nearly the same results as spending 4+ hrs Smile Thanks for the blog.

I'll spend time practicing the finer points of painting once I get this team on the board.

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2009 - 05:10 AM

Portugal
And squigskin, dont forget to post some pics of the team!

Looking at other ppl new teams or colour schemes is a great way to boost ourselves into finishing painting the team in the shelf...
Oh, and welcome back to the game!

Cheers
A.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic