NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 04:57 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Dark Elf team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HelvetionOffline
Post subject: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 - 07:28 AM

Not sure if it's come up before, apologies if it has.

I was recently playing a game, when I rolled a blitz. My opponent told me that he had been informed that you resolve the blitz before the ball lands, meaning I was unable to pick the ball up and pass it. I thought I should be able to, as the blitz decription said it was a free turn.

Which is correct?

Reply with quote Back to top
FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 - 08:51 AM

Sweden
Youre friend is correct! The ball lands after you have made youre blitz.

Last edited by Frantic on Jun 06, 2009 - 01:16 PM; edited 2 times in total

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 - 11:45 AM

Port Hope Ontario
But you can certainly put yourself in the position to pick up the ball when it lands to get possession of it to start off the game.

GesmachieneOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2009 - 12:37 AM

Apocrypha wrote:
But you can certainly put yourself in the position to pick up the ball when it lands to get possession of it to start off the game.

Actually, you can put yourself in position to catch the ball when the kick-off lands. As this is like catching an inaccurate pass/bouncing ball, catching is more difficult than just picking it up.

thechosengobboOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2009 - 03:07 AM

Warrington, England
      BramSerbruyns wrote:
As this is like catching an inaccurate pass/bouncing ball, catching is more difficult than just picking it up.

Oh yes. But worth it for the look on your opponents face when you have been able to build a cage partway up the pitch, and your centre player catches the ball Laughing

In countless games I've only been able to pull that off once...

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2009 - 09:50 AM

Port Hope Ontario
      BramSerbruyns wrote:
      Apocrypha wrote:

Actually, you can put yourself in position to catch the ball when the kick-off lands. As this is like catching an inaccurate pass/bouncing ball, catching is more difficult than just picking it up.

That is generlly what I meant, but thank you for clarifying that.

Trust me, its a big surprise when you roll a blitz, break through their scrimmage line, get your full movement into their zone than catch the ball. I did it to a Dark Elf player once with my Norse team. He nearly cried when I walked in for the touchdown on my turn.

Fanglord13Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Jun 14, 2009 - 11:39 PM

Australia

I got a blitz result where I was able to KO his thrower (who was under the ball), follow up and catch it with my bull centaur!! Look on his face was priceless lol

Cheers
Rob

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Aug 19, 2009 - 12:49 PM

Canada
I had a silly game against Chaos with WE where I had four blitzes in the game and got into his half, formed a cage and caught the ball deep in half. Although once I didn't catch it, but it was still in a bunch of my TZ once it came to rest. My opponent was laughing hysterically by the end since there was nothing he could do. I think I won 6-0 or something like that.

eriochromeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blitz result on kick off table  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2009 - 02:20 PM

Outside Ann Arbor MI

I recently had a blitz where I go all set up with a gutter runner waiting for the ball to come down only to miss the catch and since the catch part was not part of the blitz action I could not use a reroll it.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic