NAF Logo
leftstar May 18, 2024 - 05:20 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Got Block? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: Stone Arena - Custom BB pitch  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2009 - 06:31 AM

Portugal
This is a pitch I've build a few years ago.
I've used 'extruded poliuretane' (construction thermal insulation boards) for the base of the pitch and for the dugouts, and the 'stone slabs' are from cardboard.

If thrown on the pitch, the dice bounce a little more than in cardboard pitches, but because of the wooden trey, it has the advantage of alowing to play in very small tables (50x50cm is more than enough).

Hope you like it!

The dugouts

The 'dice&score' boxes
The 'dice box' (with the scatter template 'carved' in the bottom) was ment to throw the dices in there instead of the pitch.
For the score we place a dice in each of those holes with the dots up to mark the result.

Cheers,
Axt.

Reply with quote Back to top
AbraxiSOffline
Post subject: RE: Stone Arena - Custom BB pitch  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2009 - 03:34 PM

Penafiel/Portugal
I like it...perfect for a Lizard Team home stadium.

Does that wooden box have a top? It would be a nice feature for storage and conservation purposes...

Cheers

Paulo

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Stone Arena - Custom BB pitch  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 - 04:01 AM

Portugal
At the time it was build it was ment to be for a Dwarf team but I guess you're right, it would fit Lizzies very nicely with a few golden idols or feathery stuff
As for the 'top', no it doesnt.
I've only thought of that after the stadium was build.
Glad you rememberd it, as I might get it done one of these days!
Cheers
A.

AbraxiSOffline
Post subject: RE: Stone Arena - Custom BB pitch  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 - 07:08 PM

Penafiel/Portugal
Yeah...I think it could be fit for Dwarfs,maybe with some columns and stuff(beer barrels,mugs,broken tables,axes,etc,etc Very Happy ),but,with that "grass" and all,i think it looks like an ancient stadium in the middle of a jungle...thats why,imo of course,i think it would fit the lizardman better...

Great work

Cheers

Paulo

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Mr_SmigsOffline
Post subject: RE: Stone Arena - Custom BB pitch  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2009 - 01:33 AM

Phoenix, AZ
do you have dice or something to represent the score?

all in all, very nice

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Stone Arena - Custom BB pitch  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2009 - 05:00 AM

Portugal
Well, I've been using generic dice to represent the score, but 'stone like' dice would fit a lot better.
Another easy upgrade to the list!

As for the 'decor' AbraxiS (beer barrels, etc...) you're absolutly right, and I'm usualy a lot more detailed in my games terrain, but at the time of build, as I've lacked the top to protect it I've tryed to keep it to a minimum to be easy to clean and avoid easy to break stuff.
Still if I end up doing the "top box" I'll give it another layer of detail for sure!

Thanks for your comments!
Cheers
A.

draigOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2009 - 09:47 AM

I really like this. Inspiring stuff. There isn't a huge amount of space on the pitch and in the dugouts etc so too many details would clutter things I think, but a few carefully chosen would spice it up. Great work though!

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2009 - 05:15 AM

Portugal
Thanks draig!
It was a lot of fun to build so I recommend it to everyone.
By the way, because of the "wooden tray", it allows games to played in quite small tables, which might be usefull if you dont want to take over the dinner table or play in the kitchen!

Cheers
A.

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2009 - 09:23 AM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Do you happen to have plans or a tutorial up for such a project? ;D

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2009 - 05:32 AM

Portugal
Not sure if I took pics at the WIP since it was quite a few years back, but It's quite easy to explain the "how to", so if you have any particular question I'll be happy to help out.

The base of the pitch, and the walls of the dugouts are from "extruded-polystyrene" (one of those blue insulation boards used on construction, that looks like this http://images01.olx.pt/ui/2/17/73/22161473_1.jpg ), then with a pen I draw a grid "copy+pasting" the measures from the field into the board (length and width of the pitch, sidelines, endzone...) to make sure it wouldnt stay too big or too small.
The stones in the pitch are from cereals cardboard cut to the measure of an actual square in the pitch (some rounded in the corners, or even 'cut-broken' for the looks Smile ).
The dugout walls were easy to sculpt with a blade (be carefull because blades also cut fingers, tables...), glued with white (for wood) glue.
Then it was just painting with acrylic paint and flocking here and there.
Oh, theres a couple of bits from some caos sprues too, but that you can costumize to your taste!

Cheers
A.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic