NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 07:18 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
NAF President in expenses scandal! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: Round 1 Results and Match Reports  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2009 - 07:28 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Well I've just finished by 1st round game against Gaixo's chaos. With lizzies I felt confident I could control the match as he had fewer skills than me and nothing to take down the skinks.

The game started badly with Gaixo getting a perfect D with me receiving, but my strength helped and I managed to recover, pop a hole in the line and run through. The ball carrier was sacked but a nice bounce straight into a waiting skink arms meant an easy 1-0 lead.

Then I got perfect D on my defence and there was a bit of standing off. Then I made a mistake clicking an unwanted dodge with a saurus and fell over... not to be outdone Gaixo misclicked and moved the ball carrier next to two Saurus. The ball popped loose and was eventually scooped up by a waiting skink and ran downfield for 2-0. The only cas a dead beastman.

Second half was less eventful kick off (quick snap?) and the Chaos cage wiggled from one side, across the pitch without any forward progress, although a skink was also killed. The three skinks ganged up on the ball carrier and popped it loose. A scurry upfield looked promising but a pair of warriors chased and cas'd the skink. A pair of skinks chased and managed to get the ball - but the chasing warriors got the ball again so the half ended scoreless but with another dead beastman.

I think there were 5 cas all up (2 BH skinks, dead skink, two dead beasts). Looks like we are into journeyman country!

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Round 1 Results and Match Reports  PostPosted: Jul 18, 2009 - 05:40 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Only 2 games played so far, and only one of the four involved has contacted me. This is very disappointing.

I'm going to cut off the Round at 1200 (noon) 18 July GMT. The coach who has contacted me will get a 1-0 win and the other game will be a 0-0 draw unless I hear from you.

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2009 - 11:57 PM

Port Hope Ontario
I sent you a message earlier tonight. Gaussgoat and I are having trouble being online at the same time.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2009 - 07:12 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I think this might be a problem with a NAF league - I think it will be an issue with me too since my main time available is around noon GMT during the week. Timezone leagues are obviously a lot easier for just this reason.

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2009 - 08:58 AM

Port Hope Ontario
Oddly enough, he and I are in the same timezone. Partially its my fault as I work straight evenings and am mainly free during the day or on Friday and Saturday.

FranticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2009 - 09:39 AM

Sweden
Timezones? There are no timezones in bloodbowl, endzones mayby but no timezones. Rolling Eyes

Well I dont care if I just get a couple of huors of sleep because I have to play in the middle of the night. I can sleep when I die. Smile

In the second season pherhaps we could make two leagues that split the earth in half. Or we just have to be honest and dont applie for the league if you know the time could be a problem.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 20, 2009 - 05:14 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Okay round 1 is cut off. Since that was so hard I'm going to give 2 weeks for round 2 - so finishing 3rd Aug 1200 GMT ish.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic