NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:07 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pass action..pick up Nobbla... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FranticOffline
Post subject: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2009 - 11:05 PM

Sweden
At home we have always played that when a person uses the Diving tackle skill he gives a player -2 modfiy when a player tryes to dodge out of his tackle zone. And if the player fails but uses his dodge skill (or a rr) he still gets the -2 modify on the second dice throw.

Is that correct?

Because in the PC game you only get the -2 modify in the first diceroll.

Have we played it wrong all this time?

Reply with quote Back to top
RottweilerrmeOffline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2009 - 11:19 PM

My league only does it on the first not the second as he can't really dive at you twice.

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 - 12:52 AM
President

England
It is on both: http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23668&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=diving+tackle

He's not diving twice, in the same way as rerolling a block is not blocking twice, and using the pass skill is not passing twice. All modifiers on the first apply on the second.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 - 02:18 AM

Sweden
Yeah that was what I thought, Its a reroll of the dice, not a new action roll.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 - 03:36 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
The game works fine, its just the way it displays the numbers that is wrong. It shows the modified number not the original one.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 - 04:59 PM

Sweden
Hmm I don´t think so, in the last game I´ll played it stood (6) do you want to use diving tackle? How could it be a 6 when Diving tackle give the -2 penalty?

Or do I misunderstand you?

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 - 06:12 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I don't know about that. If you look at the log file it shows everything correctly though, in the game the display of the same information is misleading.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 - 11:20 PM

Sweden
I´ll take everything back, Played a game against my self in the single player (One-off match) and it was as you told me. In the log file the dodge roll for my human catcher was never higher then 4.

Thx!

SetomidorOffline
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2009 - 11:37 AM

Umeå, Sweden
What I'm a bit unsure about is the timing of Diving Tackle, should you use it before or after the opponent makes the roll?

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2009 - 11:44 AM

Undisclosed
After.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2009 - 12:27 PM

Canada
      Setomidor wrote:
What I'm a bit unsure about is the timing of Diving Tackle, should you use it before or after the opponent makes the roll?

Yeah, you use it after, just as you would skills like Dirty Player, Mighty Blow, Break Tackle, etc. You don't use it until you know you have to.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SetomidorOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2009 - 02:36 PM

Umeå, Sweden
Thanks guys!

I'm a bit suprised that Break Tackle is included in that list, it is much more intuitive (but worse!) to declare that Break Tackle is used before rolling the dice..

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Diving Tackle - Is it Me or is it the game? (PC)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2009 - 07:21 PM

Canada
I suppose you could claim it, but then if you roll the '6' then say that you just used your regular Agility instead.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic