NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 12:21 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
What are the odds I'd roll another one? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Rookie Necro team (LRB6) - doubles question  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2009 - 06:49 AM

Canada
My necro team just finished their second game, and two players got skill ups. This is what the team looks like:

WW1 - (doubles)
WW2 -
Z1
Z2
Z3
Z4
Z5
G1 - (doubles)
Wi1
Wi2
FG1
FG2

2RR

The werewolf is sitting at 8 SPPs right now, and the ghoul at 11 (consideration for how far from skill 2).

I was thinking Mighty Blow for the wolf, and Block for the ghoul. I am very inexperienced with necro and would appreciate some thoughts.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 - 07:47 PM

I have more experience playing against Necros than with them. They seem a somewhat difficult side to develop. Some of the questions that need to be answered before coming up with a development strategy are:

- Who are the ball carriers? Is it the Ghouls, or is it the Wights (a perfectly viable strategy, IMO)? The main advantage of making the Wights into the Runners is that they (and their SPPs) survive.

- Who are the "sackers" (i.e. players designed to sack the opponent's ball carrier)? If the answer to this question is: the Ghouls, then Wrestle would be more appropriate than Block.

- Who do you plan to give Wrestle to (IMO a side without Wrestle is at a big disadvantage)?

- How many "slayers" do you ultimately need? IMO, four is enough (2 Golems, 2 Wights). That leaves you free to develop the Ghouls and Wights for other purposes (such as ball handling and sacking).

- Who do you plan to give Guard and Tackle to, and how soon? A Necro player in our league, after playtesting, believes that the Wights should take Tackle first, then Guard (not the other way around). And he believes the Golems should go Block, Mighty Blow, Guard.

Mighty Blow is the obvious doubles choice for Wolves. For Ghouls, I am not sure you need doubles at all. But if you plan to give Block to the Ghouls as their first normal skill, then Guard is an option on a doubles roll (with Sidestep later).

Hope this helps.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2009 - 04:39 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Mighty Blow for the WW. He'll get SPPs fast as a can opener

The Ghoul... either Guard - necros need blocking help IME. Accurate/Pass are also good for giving you a better passing threat.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2009 - 10:39 PM

United States of America
I recomend that you do not listen to Doubleskulls, he does live in Sydney after all

FranticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2009 - 11:22 PM

Sweden
      daloonieshaman wrote:
I recomend that you do not listen to Doubleskulls, he does live in Sydney after all

Hahahaha, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Alright then I say, Go with MB for the WW, and guard for the Ghoul, since he already have dodge and is one of youre AG3 players he´s more mobile then youre other players and will help youre other players easier.

- Swedish advice Rolling Eyes

PunkpogoerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 27, 2009 - 07:42 PM

United States of America
I play Necros and I would kill for that doubles on the WW. Definitely go with MB. As for the Ghoul I chose Block for the first skills on both of my Ghouls, after that I am turning them into a passer and a catcher. One has Sure Hands(because I ALWAYS seem to have trouble picking up the ball) and Accurate, the other has Catch and Side Step so far.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2009 - 07:28 AM

Canada
      Punkpogoer wrote:
I play Necros and I would kill for that doubles on the WW. Definitely go with MB. As for the Ghoul I chose Block for the first skills on both of my Ghouls, after that I am turning them into a passer and a catcher. One has Sure Hands(because I ALWAYS seem to have trouble picking up the ball) and Accurate, the other has Catch and Side Step so far.

Seems that ghouls in general must have trouble picking up the ball as I am in the same boat. ALWAYS!

I only have the one ghouls right now - plumped for a third RR as the money was there. The second ghoul is next on my want list.

I did go for the MB as suggested, but now he seems to roll 11 and 12 all the time for the armour and then really low for the injury... ah well.

The ghoul got block. With that scary norse team I wanted some protection for him. In the couple games I have played since I have not regretted it.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

slackermtgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2010 - 11:51 PM

I always go for Block and Dodge first on the WW's... the Strength skills do not seem worth bothering with that early. MB is only slightly good, but your wolfs will be walking targets, they need the most protection they can get.

As far as Ghouls, I don't even put them on my original roster because I feel they are glorified zombies, with out regeneration and lower Armor, with Wights and WW you have 4 guys that can carry the ball right off the bat.

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2010 - 03:25 AM

Portugal
      Spazzfist wrote:

I did go for the MB as suggested, but now he seems to roll 11 and 12 all the time for the armour and then really low for the injury... ah well.

Well, you can chose to add the MB to the injury so it might help there too.

LordManHammerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2012 - 02:15 AM

Congratz on your MB on the wolf, that is any Necromantic Coachs number 1 hope. I think it is a viable strategy to choose block on the ghoul, however my first Ghoul always recieves sure-hands, as those slippery balls always is sprayed with ghoul repellent. I can understand why you go for the 3rd RR it is very important for the team. Ill just share my usual start-up with the team:

2xFG
2xWights
1xWW
1xGhoul
5xZeds
3xRR
=1.000K

Cheerio,
Lord Manhammer

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic