NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 05:47 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Max Kneecap Mittleman found dead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JoeKanoOffline
Post subject: Blocktoberfest Results!!!24/25 Oct 2009  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2009 - 05:57 AM

Melb Au
Well what a weekend of Bloodbowl. The first ever Blocktoberfest has been run and won.

Congratulations to:

1st Beefy
2nd Kshafper
Sportsmanship Diesel
Painting Elan
Most Tds Annachie
Most Cas BBDave
Next winner was
4th Twak
And door prize was
Boromir_of_Gondor

Overall results were:
1.Beefygoodness
2.ksharper
3.Elan
4.Twak
5.D_arquebus
6.Diesel (S2C)
7.BBDave
8.Annachie
9.Team Dave ( Two players Aspie and Minion of Doom shared an entry as they could only do a day each )
10.DazedMW
11.GladiatorLuke
12.Bormir_of_Gondor
13.Tim_D
14.Myki#1

The two days saw 6 gruelling games for most of our coaches with the whole event undecided right up to the very last game.

Day 1 ended with no one having won all three games and the top four on 2 wins and a Draw leaving game 4 in the morning being a very important one for those coaches looking for the title of Blocktoberfest Champion.

BBDaves Vampires were the shock performers pulling out a blinder of game four against a human team, with 4 of his 6 casualties coming from aggreived thralls annoyed that here were humans who didnt get regularly snacked on. This 6 in a game set him up to take most cas very nicely.

Annachie took most touchdowns with twelve however made the small tactical error of putting most of those in only two games. You gotta spread more evenly to take the whole show.

Diesel in the running right up to the last round showed you can be a nice guy and still win games and slam people into the pitch.

Elans very pretty CDs which had been sadly hidden away from the light for several years showed that quality brushwork and shading could still show through taking the painting out.
I was most pleased that all the major winners didn't double up in categories so everyone who won the first 6 prizes were really the winners of those prizes.

Sponsors
Id like to thank the following who either supplied support, prizes, or reduced costs for us.

Good Games Melbourne [http://www.goodgames.com.au/index.php] who hosted in a good venue we had lots of space and helping out with Tournament Champion and runner up plaques.

Rolljordan Miniatures [http://www.rolljordan.com/public/store/] for donating figures and giving reduced prices on other allowing us to supply a decent prize pool

The NAF [http://www.thenaf.net/] for prize support and coming through with dice for people who wanted to either sign up or resign with NAF. Im pleased to report that all matches for the weekend were with NAF Members so all counted. Woohoo.

Beefygoodness of Ausbowl fame who generously donated a GW Khemri team for our prize pool. He also managed to still play despite yet again getting food poisoning the night before the event. A true proponent of “The game must go on”, Im just glad there were opportunities for you to nap between rounds Beefy. Next tournament your only esating bland and safe foods for at least 48 hours before a tournament start!

Melbourne Blood Bowl League [http://www.mbbl.com.au/] Commissioners JoeKano and Ksharper for providing the admin support, bankrolling the startup costs and donating some of the prizes

All in All it seemed to me our players had a real good hard comp, ( Yes Elan I fixed the draw so you got to play every hard player nyah nyah ) and the only jarring note was the very loud girl who was obviously pleased at getting 2nd in the Pokemon comp also running at the venue Smile In all fairness we were all loudly discussing our plays etc in our breaks so I wont begrudge her that. My hearing will eventually recover.

Blocktober will be back next year for sure, and will likely be again the weekend before Cup Weekend so Cox Plate? So start marking your calendars and planning how to come and working up wife credits cause we want to make this bigger and better every year.

I now invite any attendees to make comments etc , any suggestions, what didnt you like what you did, what would you like to see? Do you really want most cas scoring player or touchdowniest player or encouragement awards etc, venue, roomy enough, was it ok sharing with the pokemon guys, were breaks long enough or too long did you feel rushed or not rushed enough.

Ultimately for you guys who came its your comp. Did you enjoy it enough to come next year, is there something you'd like to see, was it value for money, too cheap too expensive.

To those who didn't come but want to next year what stopped you this year?

Regards the rule-set etc. It will be progression cause I think there's plenty of resurrection tournaments to wet your appetites but did you want special cards to be added no star players etc.

I wont promise ill change a thing but ill consider it.

Once again thank-you umpires thank-you towel-boys and thank-you coaches.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
JoeKanoOffline
Post subject: RE: Blocktoberfest Results!!!24/25 Oct 2009  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2009 - 05:58 AM

Melb Au
Babs I emailed you signups and could you send me acpount info for the payments....

JoeKanoOffline
Post subject: RE: Blocktoberfest Results!!!24/25 Oct 2009  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2009 - 05:04 AM

Melb Au
All Coaches were NAF and so all games were countted and results file now loaded thank Baba and Doubleskulls for your respective assists.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic