NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:07 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
12 men on the pitch? You've just been Egged! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JeffBOffline
Post subject: Tournament strategy: 1M + Star Players, 4 rounds + final  PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 08:20 AM

I've been looking for some help with an upcoming tournament. Never played tournament before. The rules are the same as this year's Blood Bowl (1M gp, can use star players at full cost, etc. - see http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas/Tourney%20Rules.pdf).

I'm thinking either Orcs (with Varag) or Amazons, since those are my two painted teams. Nothing like limiting yourself. I might be able to borrow a Dwarf team if they work better. Here's what I'm considering:

ORCS OF THE CARIBBEAN
1 Varag (160K)
3 Blitzers (240K)
2 BOB (160K)
1 Throwers (70K)
2 Lineorc (100K)
2 Goblin (80K)
3 Rerolls (180K)
1 FF (10K)

I'm not sure what skill I give to what player after each round. Block for the two BOBs, DP for a Goblin...?

I'm also unsure how well an orc team will work given that first tiebreaker is TDs. Any thoughts?

I could go Amazons or play my painted 'zon team as humans.

Any and all input (particularly from anyone who saw what worked at BB2003) appreciated.

Reply with quote Back to top
MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 10:36 AM

England
The Orc list looks fine to me. Might like to think about a rookie ogre though.

If you mean Dirty Player for the Goblin, then bad news. He can't have it unless he rolls doubles. If it's the same as the BB then only skills you could take on a standard non-doubles roll may be taken.

Try accurate for the thrower and catch for the goblins, but block for the BOBs is always a good start.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 10:50 AM
Da Warboss

England
I am always tempted to include an Ogre so you can use TTM in a tight spot. Dropping a blitzer and a goblin would give you enough to afford one, but take you down to 10 players. Alternatively, losing a blitzer and a re-roll would keep you at 11, giving some extra FF. Remember you have Varag's re-roll to keep you going.

NAF #60

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 10:58 AM

Varag's leader reroll does have a lot of synergy with a rookie Ogre. It's going to be tough to work in, though.

-Oscar Wilde

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 11:06 AM
Da Warboss

England
There were teams at the BB that had varag, morg and I think one of the secret weapon gobbos at the expense of regular linemen

personally I'd rather have some strength in depth rather than rely on a superb 1st line. then again I lose lots of players Rolling Eyes

NAF #60

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2003 - 03:29 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
At The Blood Bowl I took Varag, Ogre, 3 Blitzers, 2 Goblins, 4 Line orcs, 1 Thrower, 2 TRR, 1 FF.

It worked quite well as I was top placed Orcs Very Happy

What it didn't handle were Undead teams with 2 Piling On mummies and Luthor or Human teams with Griff and/or Luthor.

To help against those I'd recommend you take Strip Ball on a blitzer asap and probably Piling On on the Ogre (I'd taken Block).

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic