NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 10:09 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dark Elf assassins are rather nasty rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FranticOffline
Post subject: Vampires - League - Startup and Skill Selection  PostPosted: May 06, 2010 - 04:04 AM

Sweden
We are going to play a league over the summer (30+ games) with a playoff at the end of it, and since I "lost" a sidebet, one of my opponents got to choose what team I had to play in this league. He was kind enough to let me take on the Vampires.

So what start up do you prefer?

4 Vapires 440k
7 Thralls 280k
4 RR´s 280k
TotaL: 1000k

Or

3 Vampires 330K
8 Thralls 320k
5 RR`s 350K
Total: 970k with 30k left for FF or in the bank.

Since we are going to play a lot of games and everyone is going to the playoff. I have my time to get my team where I want it in skills, as long as they stay alive that is Wink.

I was thinking a skill selection for players something like this:

Vampires: I have a feeling that the Pro skill will come handy to save me from a couple of “Off for a bite” when I already used my rr for other things.

I hope I roll a double for one of the vampires in the beginning then I probably give him Accurate and make him a thrower with strong arm followed up with Kick off return or Sure hands.

Another one will get Wrestle, Leap and Strip Ball.

And for the other ones Block, Dodge, and after that I go with the skills that serves me the best against the other teams in the league. (At the moment I only know two of them, Nurgle and Chaos Pact.

Thoughts about that?

Thralls: Wrestle as regular and what do I pick on a double. If they get bitten there is an injury roll for them, so shuld I go with Think skull? Or do I go with Guard?

Thanks!

Reply with quote Back to top
DWBaileyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2010 - 01:10 PM

Hey Frantic,

I just made it to the championship game of my league's last season with vampires. (Much to my surprise) As far as team selection goes, I think either of those builds could work. Our league started at 110k so I was able to start with 4 vamps, 4 rr, and 8 thralls to start but I think either of yours could work. I took a slightly different path with my skills though which was driven by my philosophy towards the team. Thralls are food not friends. I treated them as such all season. I did not even consider taking Pro and can count on one hand the number of blood lusts I rerolled all season long. It definitely took a little work and usually a minute or more had clicked off of the timer before I moved anyone because I had to carefully plan out my positioning so that I would have thralls where I needed them in case I needed to feed. By the end of the season I had 10 thralls and 5 vamps (a thrower who had rolled doubles who only played on offense and 4 blodgers who had various skills depending on their role on the team) ST 4 AG4 Blodgers with Hypnotic Gaze are evil and gave my opponents fits!! Smart opponents began targeting thralls which is why I had to replace at least 6 over the course of the season due to death or injury but the apoth wasn't allowed to go near them (except the ST 4 Blocking thrall late in the season) because they were cheap and expendable. Don't get me wrong, there were times I was very stressed over that bloodlust roll because my food had been knocked out and I was all alone, but I can also count on three fingers the number of times a vamp went into the crown to eat and 2 of those were on double 1 dodges where there was food waiting they didn't make it to. As far as thralls, wrestle was great because you can still feed on a prone thrall and on doubles I automatically chose guard which I think is way more valuable then the thick skull theory. Guard is ideal because if you position them next to your target they are there to assist and there to snack on if required. I know there are those who swear by the thickskull & pro combination to mitigate the blood lust, but I say deal with the blood lust and make your ST4 AG4 players a force to be reckoned with on the pitch, even if occasionally it is their teammates doing the reckoning.

Just my two cents...Good luck with your team!!

Davis

FranticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2010 - 02:53 AM

Sweden
Thanks for the advice, I´ll will remember that when I´m going to play the vamps.

As it is now, my friend let me pic another team after some whining from my side.

starblaydeOffline
Post subject: Re: Vampires - League - Startup and Skill Selection  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2010 - 09:45 AM

Frantic wrote:
Another one will get Wrestle, Leap and Strip Ball.

Leap? With Hypnotic Gaze already as a great cagebreaker? I can understand why you've gone for that, tbh, but it'd be mostly for leaping away, rather than leaping in, halving its effectiveness. Frenzy might be more appropriate for getting in there and clearing house.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic