NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 03:46 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Undead team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WadediditOffline
Post subject: MY CHAOS TEAM  PostPosted: May 25, 2003 - 10:56 PM

Australia

Just finished my Chaos team (The Chaos Bombers), wondered what everyone else thinks of them.

Wade
Cool

Reply with quote Back to top
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2003 - 02:25 AM

Cool, but I'd do something about the bases!

Martijn

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
WadediditOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2003 - 04:16 PM

Australia

What colour, I have some static grass but I have never tried to use it before.

Wade
Cool

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2003 - 02:23 AM
Da Warboss

England
I'd glue sand onto the bases using PVA glue, the paint it black using thinned chaos black. When it's dry, drybrush it scorched brown, then bestial brown, then bleached bone.

When that is all dry, glue small patches of static grass onto the bases using superglue - the trick with static grass is not to overdo it - less is more!

NAF #60

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2003 - 02:51 AM

Or you could try soaking static grass in watered down brown ink for a few days to create static grass that looks chaotically reddish-brown, on a greyish black sand base?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2003 - 04:12 AM
Da Warboss

England
does that work? I tried drybrushing the static grass with those colours for my undead, but it just looked stupid.

squiggoth mate, you are an encyclopedia of painting tips

NAF #60

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2003 - 04:39 AM

Yes, it works but it requires lots of patience (when I tried to paint a whole bag of static grass in one go it took almost two weeks to dry Very Happy)

What I did is, take a large bucket (one that is okay to get dirty), fill it with about a liter of water and half a pot of Brown Ink and toss a bag of grass in it. Stir it (the grass tends to form small lumps which you'll have to seperate to get the ink on every strand of grass) a few times and then drain away the water (and dodge your wife's vile attacks as you unwillingly paint the sink brown...)
And then spread it out on an old cloth and leave it to dry for a loooong time. Oh, don't put it in front of a window. I made that mistake. There's still static grass all over my bedroom...
After it's fully dry you use it just like "unpainted" grass (though it tends to be a bit less static).
I didn't use the Games Workshop static grass (that's too radioactive green) but I used grass from some cheap railwaymodelling brand (which is very static and more natural looking-green).
I'll post a pic of the result:

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2003 - 11:43 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
Put it int he oven. Works with sand. Don't make it too hot or I guess you'll have a static grass pie. Just let it dry in the warm air..

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 30, 2003 - 03:30 AM
Da Warboss

England
so the oven turns it brown, or just dries it out?

I'm already in trouble with the wife for using industrial strength paint stripper and melting some of the nice tupperware (plastic dishes) we got as a wedding gift. I'll be in even more trouble when she realises how many I've reduced to slag - she thinks it's just one!

NAF #60

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 30, 2003 - 03:32 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
      Indigo wrote:
I'm already in trouble with the wife for using industrial strength paint stripper and melting some of the nice tupperware (plastic dishes) we got as a wedding gift. I'll be in even more trouble when she realises how many I've reduced to slag - she thinks it's just one!

I'm sorry but .. Laughing Laughing Laughing Tupperware is indestructable yes ??

I meant for drying, should work .. I guess

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 30, 2003 - 08:10 AM

United States
you may want to stick to glass mason jars (what jams and jellies come in) for your stripping purposes. They don't melt as easily!

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 - 02:03 AM

Dave wrote:
Put it int he oven. Works with sand. Don't make it too hot or I guess you'll have a static grass pie. Just let it dry in the warm air..

Static grass is glass fibre so it shouldn't melt in an oven I guess. On the other hand, it tends to clog when wet and a large ball of static grass just doesn't dry that quick...?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic