NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 01:14 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Tournament Director in ratings fix scandal! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ashnyrOffline
Post subject: New member/player starting with Goblins  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 - 09:16 AM

Hey folks,

First of all, this is my first post, so hello to all!

I'm just getting started in Blood Bowl, my pitch is nearing completion, and I have my first player nearly painted, a troll for my goblin team. I'll post some pics when they're finished.

From what I've been reading, it seems that goblins can be a little more challenging to coach than some of the other teams for a beginner. I'd REALLY like to start with goblins so I figure I'll just go with it and take my lumps while I get used to the game.

Would anyone be able to provide any words of wisdom for a rookie goblin coach?

Cheers,
Ash

Reply with quote Back to top
TinfishOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 - 04:46 PM

Scotland
Probably not the ideal beginners team. Take plenty of secret weapons, your players will die, you will probably loose a lot, but have fun and savour the games where they run rampant and win 3-0.

For more advice - TalkFantasyFootball.org or bbtactics.com may be the best places.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 - 07:51 PM

United States of America
1: Stunty teams have no interest in statics so ignore what everyone says about dice rolling
2: Huge Risk Huge Reward, the Goblins strive on this 3 dice against on his big guy, massive play to score from across the field in one turn
3: Don't get attached to your players
4: Expect your players to die
5: Don't be afraid to burn a liability player
6: Treat every turn as if the Troll(s) have rolled Really Stupid
7: Dodge out of every tackle Zone you can unless you need a guy to close a path or take a guys blitzer out of blitzing.
8: Dodge
9: Did I say Dodge
10: It is okay to suicide blitz a cage with dice against in the odd chance you make his guy drop the ball
11: Diving Catch is your friend
12: Get one guy with Sneaky Git
13: FOUL!
14: Dodge
15: FOUL! Again (If he has a player down you should almost always foul him.
16: Don't put a secret weapon in on his turn unless: it is late in the game, he is slow (MV 6 or less)
17: Try not to put 2 SW on the field at the same time
18: Pogo is a regular player he should be near the top of your roster (try to skill him up)
19: Did I mention FOULING! (If your league frowns on that tell them to dice off as they have the ability to destroy your team, yet you cannot foul? It is a small strength your team has and still does not get close to balancing things out)
20: Don't be afraid of the -1 to throw, put that puppy in the air.

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 - 08:36 PM

Port Hope Ontario
The opposing player has the ball and you've got a goblin by the troll??

GOBBO BOMB!!!

burgun824Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 - 07:21 AM

United States of America
Advice: Change your mind...start with Orcs.

If you don't like that advice, well...daloonieshaman pretty much covered it. But I will add this, you probably won't win much (if at all) starting with gobbos as your first team. Playing with or against stunty teams brings a very different dynamic to the game.

All of that being said, just remember the most important rule of Blood Bowl is to have fun. If you can keep that mind set it can even be fun to lose with gobbos. I still giggle everytime the Troll(s) gets a little too hungry.

PS~If you can get it...I like to take Dirty Player on a first skill Gobbo that rolls doubles, then if the little bugger lives long enough to get skill #2...Sneaky Git! Then you'll have yourself one dangerous little gobbo loose on the pitch. Unfortunately, he'll probably become a juicy little target for your opponent and not live very long after that...but you'll have loads of fun with him while he's standing and will probably make your opponent curse under his/her breath a few times.

ashnyrOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys!

burgun824 wrote:
Advice: Change your mind...start with Orcs.

I think I may go this route while I'm learning seeing as I have lots of spare orcs about... That way I can still have gobbos and trolls, but I'll just have to wait on all those hilarious SW that drew me to the goblins in the first place.

Cheers!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic