NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 08:39 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wez got ur coach. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
krulfangOffline
Post subject: Orcs at a res tourney  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2010 - 06:40 PM

So, 1000 TV tourney, resurrection style, plus some different skill packages. I chose package A (6 basic skills on 6 different players, no more than 2 of any position can get the same skill).

I am taking my Orcs. First up will be a mini-tourney, with matches against chaos, humans, and lizardmen, though I want to also use this mini-tourney as a way to practice for the next West Coast Quake.

I just got my actual minis, and am building my Orcs as we speak. Still need to get a Troll, but this is the list as it stands now:

Thrower + block
Black Orc + block
Black Orc + block
Black Orc + guard
Black Orc + guard
Blitzer
Blitzer
Blitzer
Blitzer
Lineman
Troll + Guard
2 rerolls
10k left over

I'm also considering either leader on the thrower or kick off return on him. Which do you guys think would be best for him?

Reply with quote Back to top
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Orcs at a res tourney  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2010 - 07:07 PM

United States of America
neither
Kick to either him or the lineman
(very rare skill at a tournament)

krulfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hmm... kick would be an interesting choice, and it would give me some control, maybe even going for an onside kick (Depending on how many casualties I've dished out so far, my opponent's team, etc). It would be an interesting way to get an edge, and is certainly something to consider. How would you recommend an Orc team take advantge of the kick skill?

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2010 - 06:31 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Drop the troll. You don't need the muscle against anyone really at TV1000, and he's unreliable and will cost games. The saved cash means you can buy a line orc and 3rd reroll.

Give the skill you gave the troll to a blitzer - tackle.

I'd keep block on the thrower or take Leader. Both are good choices. Block just edges it for me since with Av8 he'll be targeted, and it helps protect against war dancers too.

krulfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2010 - 02:11 PM

I originally had a second lineman and the extra reroll, but I let my brother who has been playing longer talk me out of it. The unreliablity doesn't sit well with me, so I think I will make the changes doubleskulls suggested. With the extra reroll I'd be getting, I'm not as concerned about getting leader on the thrower, and I think I'll stick with block. While kick could be useful... I'm now thinking I'd rather depend on my line then kicking to a weakness in the opponents (if that makes sense).

Oh, and also because doubleskulls literally wrote the articles that helped me decide I wanted to go Orcs (not to mention the rankings)... well, that kinda holds some sway with me! So, here is the new lineup:

Thrower + block
Black Orc + block
Black Orc + block
Black Orc + guard
Black Orc + guard
Blitzer + tackle
Blitzer
Blitzer
Blitzer
Lineman
Lineman
3 rerolls
10k left over

A nice, solid lineup, I don't need to buy more models (I didn't have the troll yet) and a nice bit of rerolls to help out. Also, I feel more comfortable without having to wonder which turns my troll will fail to act. An average of almost 3 turns per game of doing nothing is less helpful in my mind than a lineman who can be relied upon do do his part.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic